JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3702-1 - Inteset INT422-4 (new version)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mjh-NM

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject: 3702-1 - Inteset INT422-4 (new version) Reply with quote

As a new user I am trying to follow the new "JP1 - Just How Easy Is It?" tutorial for the RMIR on the Wiki. I have the “USB to TTL Serial Cable Adapter FTDI Chipset FT232 USB Cable” from DIYmall connected to the new Inteset INT422-4 and successfully started RMIR v2.14.0 . As the tutorial directed I attempted to do a download from the Inteset but got the error "No RDF matches signature starting 3702". Since I was able to do a raw download and save the file it seems clear the connections are working. I am guessing that the problem is the new '-4' version of the INT422? What do I do now? It seems I need a file within RMIR to begin learning the program.

In case it affects all this the INT422-4 has four devices: A,B,C,D. I manually programmed A with the LG TV code '11840', B with the Channel Master DVR+ code '04465', and D with the Panasonic DVD/VHS code '21641'. C remains preprogrammed for the 0361 Roku. For the LG TV I applied a "Global Volume Lock" using the SET code 993. I also programmed the link to the LG TV "Smart Hub" features to the DISPLAY button using code 994 and 00516 then pressing DISPLAY.

All works correctly for the basic functions of these devices. I wanted to use RMIR to see what the current programming is, and then add some features missing from the manual codes.

In case it is of value I have posted the "3702 (Inteset INT422-4).ir" raw download file in the Diagnosis Area folder, link: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26560

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Michael
Mjh-NM

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject: Request for new RDF Reply with quote

Thanks to someone who moved my post to this forum. As a beginner I was not aware of this separate posting area. I will try to complete the information needed for this request as noted in the sticky for this forum.

1. name of the remote: Inteset INT422-4

2. Photo: It appears to be physically identical to the INT422-3 for which I believe there are already good photos.

3. Raw Download file: Done, see link in the original post.

4.[Edited after doing blink backs] Setup codes programmed to each of the device buttons: I did the "990 Blink Back" based on the Manual Programming post and verified the three manual codes (devices A,B,D) entered as noted in the original post. However, I misread the documentation of the preprogrammed device for 'C', which has the code 01272 for an MCE.

I also did 1-thru-5 with a 983 blink back for the signature of the INT422-4, which gave 37021. [End edit]

5. Remote supports macros: As all previous INT422 models do, I assume this '-4' version also supports them.

I think this completes what is requested. If not please PM me.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mjh-NM, I will send you a PM regarding some additional info that is needed.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael, while I work on assembling the data for the RDF, could you please do some work to get me the button codes. To do this, could you please create macros that include all of the buttons on the remote. You can usually only include up to 15 buttons in a macro, so it will take several macros to get them all. It might be good to place the macros on the A/B/C/D buttons.

Please keep track of which buttons are in each macro (including the order of them) and post that info here, then do a raw download and post the file.

Thanks,
Rob
Mjh-NM

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:15 pm    Post subject: test macros Reply with quote

Thanks, Rob, for working on this.

As a beginner I will have to do some homework to learn out how to create any macro, much less one with multiple keys, but I am pretty sure I can figure that out.

The single sheet documentation which came with the INT422 claims one can do up to 32 instructions on a single button, so it might not take many buttons to include all existing buttons. I presume it does not matter what Device mode I am in (A/B/C/D) when I create the macros? I plan to be in Device mode C as that is currently still in its preprogrammed code 01272 for an MCE.

As for the A/B/C/D buttons I have read of some indication that those specific buttons have some limitations, so I am likely to use Red/Green/Yellow/Blue if that is alright? They should have no limitations and I don't think their default functions are of interest to me.

Just to be sure, when done I am assuming you mean a "raw download" using RMIR?

Probably will be tomorrow before I can finish all of this as family duties call but will try to be prompt with the file.

Thanks again,

Michael
Mjh-NM

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject: All keys macros file Reply with quote

I set the remote to Device mode ’C’, then used the Mode Dependent Single Level Macro instruction using Manual Programming Code 978. The Inteset INT422-3 documentation on-line states: "All keys except the setup key and mode keys are available for a macro to be programmed on." While that may not be a limitation on the new INT422-4 remote, I used the color keys to load macros with multiple keys.

Thus to load a macro with multiple keys on to a single key:

PRESS and HOLD the SET key until the LED blinks twice, then RELEASE.
ENTER 9 7 8 and the LED will blink twice.
TAP the (color) key to receive the macro.
TAP the sequence of keys for the macro.
PRESS and HOLD the SET key until the LED blinks twice, then RELEASE.

The 54 keys on the remote are loaded as macros on the following buttons. NOTE: I "think" these should be on Device mode ’C’, but because of my beginner uncertainty of loading these macros they may? be on Device mode ’D’.

For the RED button:
1: SET
2: A
3: B
4: C
5: D
6: Power
7: MENU
8: INFO
9: GUIDE
10: Exit
11: Up
12: Down
13: Left
14: Right
15: OK
16: Red
17: Green
18: Yellow
19: Blue
20: Stop

For the GREEN button:
21: DISPLAY
22: Record
23: Rewind
24: Play
25: Fast Fwd
26: Skip Rev
27: Pause
28: Skip Fwd
29: + VOL
30: - VOL
31: MUTE
32: LAST
33: + CH
34: - CH
35: 1
36: 2
37: 3
38: 4
39: 5
40: 6

For the YELLOW button:
41: 7
42: 8
43: 9
44: 0
45: INPUT
46: ENTER
47: Star
48: Circle
49: Triangle
50: LIVE
51: EJECT
52: Diamond
53: Square
54: ZOOM

The raw download file 3702-macros.ir is in the Diagnosis Area folder, link.

I hope this worked.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the "starter" RDF:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26568

I need Graham's help here because I can't get the macros to display, and therefore I haven't updated the button list yet.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, that is because he has created DSMs, not ordinary macros. You need to add

Code:
[SpecialProtocols]
DSM=Internal:0

to the RDF as a new section after the [General] section to get DSMs to show as Special Functions.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ok. I already had the Special Protocols entry in the RDF, I just didn't know to go look for the macros in the Special Functions tab.

Michael, I am only able to see the Red and Yellow macros, the Green one didn't come through. But so far the buttons in the -4 remote are matching the -3 remote. I do still need to see the last macro though as that contains some buttons that I do need to verify.
Mjh-NM

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that. I was afraid I might have messed up the key presses.

I have reloaded (just) the Green macro, done a new raw download, and used Edit to upload the new file at the same link. Hopefully this worked this time.

Again thanks so much for working on this.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael, I got the macro that time. I have just updated the RDF and I think it should be good now.
Mjh-NM

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help, Rob.

Now I can start my real learning.

However, time to quit and watch the UEFA soccer final. Go Liverpool!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were a TRUE fan, you would call it football Very Happy
Mjh-NM

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject: Macros on all INT422-4 keys but setup Reply with quote

As a result of further research in the Intelset Technical Programming Document I want to correct a previous mis-statement I made:
Quote:
As for the A/B/C/D buttons I have read of some indication that those specific buttons have some limitations
It appears these limitations were true in model INT422-2, but do not exist with the models INT422-3 and INT422-4. As stated in the above document, and in the one-sheet User's Guide which comes packaged with the INT422-4:
Quote:
All keys (including Mode keys) except the setup key are available for a macro to be programmed on... Each macro button can hold up to 32 instructions.
I am well on my way to no longer being a beginner in both this remote and "Remote Master" thanks to the "jump start" from Rob and copious posts and documents on this forum. Very Happy

P.S. Rob, here in New Mexico we call it Foo-oo-oo-oo-oo-t-bol! As in G-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-l!!!! But we translate for you Chicago gringos!! Laughing
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Macros on all INT422-4 keys but setup Reply with quote

Mjh-NM wrote:
P.S. Rob, here in New Mexico we call it Foo-oo-oo-oo-oo-t-bol! As in G-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-l!!!! But we translate for you Chicago gringos!! Laughing

Yeah, I can see that, but what you don't know is, I'm originally from the UK, so I speak English-English, lol. Well, I used to, my UK family says I sound like a Yank now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: