JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Insignia Sony NS-RMTSNY17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@SleepyBum, I am working on the RDF but it's proving tricky, so it might take a while. In the meantime, you could help me get the button codes. It appears this remote supports learning, so could you use it to learn the functions from one of your other remotes? It's important that you keep track of the order in which you learn the buttons as that's the order in which they will appear in the memory, and it might be necessary to take a couple of passes, if you run out of learning memory.

Be aware that we might not be able to get this one working with RMIR because it appears to have structured the data a little different to multi-device remotes.
SleepyBum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
@SleepyBum, I am working on the RDF but it's proving tricky, so it might take a while. In the meantime, you could help me get the button codes. It appears this remote supports learning, so could you use it to learn the functions from one of your other remotes?

No problem. Not in a hurry. Actually, my pack of AAA batteries has gone bad/leaking so, I need to run out and buy a new pack. I also only have one TV, and it's a Sony, so I don't need to reprogram most of the buttons.

I will try to reprogram the buttons I mentioned before:

Logitech speakers -> Volume
A/C -> DVR
and discrete inputs to which ever buttons don't work on the TV.

So after learning, should I just do a Raw Download again and do a binary compare to see which values have changed? I've only used RMIR to program a supported remote before, so I haven't read up on the technical details of which file/image is the user programmable settings.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point of using learning here is not to re-program the remote, but for me to get the button codes. After learning the buttons, do a raw download using RMIR and post the file for me.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a starter RDF for this remote. I have included my guesses for the button codes for the numeric, volume and channel buttons, but I need you to use learning to find the rest of the button codes.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26530

To make it easier for you, here is a list of buttons on this remote, so if you learn them in this order, I will know what they are.

Power
Vol+
Vol-
Mute
Ch+
Ch-

Input
Rewind
Stop
Pause
FFWD
Skip-
Play
Skip+
Theater
Scene
3D
Record
Red
Green
Yellow
Blue
Audio
Format
Heart
Info+
Return
Options
Home
Up
Down
Left
Right
OK
Digital/Analog
Exit
Guide
Manual?
Dot
CC
Prev Ch

Last edited by The Robman on Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some additional info about this remote. It doesn't have a SETUP button, so instead you have to press and hold the RED and BLUE buttons together to simulate the SETUP button, then the POWER button blinks twice.

The manual doesn't list any setup codes and doesn't provide a mechanism to program them, instead it only describes a search function. (Keep in mind that this remote is only supposed to work Sony TVs). The search process is

1. Press and hold RED and BLUE, 2 flashes
2. Press and hold POWER to cycle through the codes
3. Release the POWER button when your TV responds

The manual lists a secondary search function to re-program individual buttons, which I'm guessing is a form of keymove. For example, to re-program the INPUT button...

1. Press and hold RED and BLUE, 2 flashes
2. Press and hold INPUT to cycle through the codes
3. Release the INPUT button when your TV responds

This remote supports learning and the manual lists the 975 and 976 commands for this, so it's quite possible that other 9xx commands are also supported.

For the 975 and 976 commands, the manual says to hold the GREEN and YELLOW buttons, even though the picture supplied still indicates the RED and BLUE buttons.

@SleepyBum, once you've completed the exercise to get the button codes, I'd like you to experiment to see what other 9xx commands it supports, and I'd like you to try using the search function a few times so I can see what the results look like in the remote's memory. I'll give more details when you're ready.
SleepyBum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@The Robman, alright got some batteries so I can work on it this weekend. I'm trying to understand, it doesn't matter what function I reprogram the buttons to, all that matters is the order to learn the button layout/codes.

So I can assign HDMI1 to every button and that's okay as long as I follow the order you provided.

I can try the setup key search function you mentioned, but I have only one TV and it's a Sony. But I'll work on that later after reprogramming.

Is there any easy way to reset everything back to normal/default state? I only see the 975 976 codes in the manual to add/delete.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested enough in the results of these tests that I have ordered one of these remotes for myself. It's not in stock at any of the local Best Buys so I had to order it and it'll be here on Wednesday.

You are correct, I don't care what functions you learn, I'm only interested in finding the button codes, but it might be good to learn different functions just so you can test them. Maybe instead of learning from your TV remote, you could learn from a different remote (DVD, stereo, etc). In fact, if you learn from something other than a Sony TV remote, I'll use your learns to build an upgrade for it, so we can test the upgrade functionality of the remote.

As for resetting the remote after, I expect that it will respond to the 980 reset function, or the 981 master reset function. Not sure whether you would have to use GREEN+YELLOW or RED+BLUE to trigger it, so you may have to experiment, but I expect it's GREEN+YELLOW.

As for the search function, I don't really care whether the code that you've searched for actually works for your TV, so you can let the POWER button go whenever you like, I'm more interested in what it does to the memory. Likewise for reprogramming an individual button, like INPUT.

If the 980 or 981 reset functions work, please reset the remote and then do a raw download and save the file. Then do the POWER search for a bit and save a new file. Then reprogram the INPUT button and save another file.

If any of this sounds like too much work, I can take care of it when my remote arrives.
SleepyBum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright... I think 980 works. I get 4 blinks on the power button afterwards. 981 doesn't seem to work.

There's an error in the manual. The green and yellow buttons seems to work for code reprogramming, but they're the middle two buttons as opposed to the outside two buttons shown in the diagram.

POWER/button search is red+blue, hold outside two color buttons.
code/learning is green+yellow, hold middle two color buttons.

I'll try the 980 reset, POWER search and reprogram. Save the raw after each. Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SleepyBum wrote:
There's an error in the manual. The green and yellow buttons seems to work for code reprogramming, but they're the middle two buttons as opposed to the outside two buttons shown in the diagram.

Yeah, I noticed that too, I mentioned it up above. Good luck with your tests.
SleepyBum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code 980 doesn't seem to reset. I did a POWER search, dump, Code 980, dump and compared the results and they were identical.

Most of the re-programmed buttons work. Input button isn't working.
Few of the Logitech input isn't working or they have different function.

I looked at diff/comparison between the original dump and the programmed one, so I'm guessing the divider for learnt button codes are FF FF "hex button code". Hope I did everything in the right order and didn't miss a button.

Reprogrammed map (Sony TV)
no comment = exact same function reprogrammed

Code:
Power      
Vol+      Logitech Vol+      
Vol-      Logitech Vol-      
Mute      Logitech Mute      
Ch+            
Ch-            

Input            
Rewind      AC Fan 1      
Stop      AC Fan 2      
Pause      AC Fan 3      
FFWD      AC Temp +      
Skip-      Fan      
Play      A/C      
Skip+      AC Temp -      
Theater      AC Start      
Scene      AC Stop      
3D      AC Sleep      
Record      AC Energy Save      
Red      Logitech Input1      
Green      Logitech Input2      
Yellow      Logitech Input3      
Blue      Logitech ???      
Audio      Logitech 5      
Format      Logitech 6      
Heart      Guide      
Info+      Info      
Return      Exit      
Options      Last (PiP)      
Home      Menu      
Up            
Down            
Left            
Right            
OK            
Digital/Analog      HDMI2      
Exit      HDMI2      
Guide      HDMI3      
Manual?      HDMI4      
Dot      dot      
CC      enter      
Prev Ch      jump fav

Programmed RAW download
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26532
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, I have added the button codes to the RDF. I still need to include all the new buttons in the map, so I'll do that tomorrow. Feel free to try out the RDF to see if things look alright.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26530
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the map now. This RDF is possibly complete, please try experimenting with it to see what works and what doesn't. At this point, the RDF is more permissive that it probably needs to be, in that it will let you program keymoves and macros, but if we determine that either of those don't work, I will remove them from the RDF.

I have created upgrades for your A/C and Logitech units and have added them to your RMIR file. I have also modified the existing TV upgrade where I have replaced the 4 color buttons with the 4 HMDI discrete codes, just for testing purposes.

The TV upgrade (0810) is still programmed. To switch to the Logitech, type 2000 in the setup code box in the General tab. To switch to the A/C type 2001. To where I programmed each function, do to the Devices tab, select the upgrade and click Edit, but generally speaking, the functions are all on the 10 numeric buttons and the volume buttons.
SleepyBum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks The Robman for working on this so quickly. Appreciate it.

I will test this out later and report back my findings. Need more batteries for my other remotes to figure out what the less used function buttons (like Digital/Analog, Guide, i-Manual) does compared to the original remote.

Is there a way to assign a hidden button/function? Since this remote only supports one device, I rather not waste a button for Power On/Off for my Logitech speakers and the the A/C. I'd rather have a System Power On/Off macro, that sends speaker power, wait, TV power, wait, A/C power.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, you're asking if it supports phantom buttons? I expect that it does. Have you tried doing a regular download from the remote using the RDF yet? If you were to modify the Buttons section of the RDF, you could add the following

Phantom1=$30,
Phantom2=$31,
Phantom3=$32

Then you could learn something to a regular button, then edit it in RMIR and move the learned function to one of the Phantom buttons.

However, we haven't determined if the remote supports macros yet. You could try programming a macro in RMIR and seeing if it works.
SleepyBum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me a while to figure out where the upgrade rmir file you mentioned was since there wasn't a link.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26533

The rdf works and the remote is identified. I could see all the learnt signals in RMIR. I did a 980 erase and it seems to work as all all the learnt codes were cleared.

I opened your upgrade file and did a Remote -> Upload to Remote. It looks like the remote is accepting it and the "Memory usage" dropped to 4039 -> 3612 free. But testing out the color buttons doesn't seem to work. The remote might not be taking the programming.

I did code 980 reset, raw download, upload, raw download. Did a comparison between the ir files and they were the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: