JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgr Wanted:"Commercial 3D" Projector model H-450

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:34 am    Post subject: Upgr Wanted:"Commercial 3D" Projector model H-450 Reply with quote

1. Device: "Commercial 3D" HD-450
2. Type of device: Projector
3. Year: 2015 ?
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, didn't find anything
12. If you have a OARUSB04G (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? n/a

Hi all,

Long-long time, no post.
Hope everyone is doing OK.

A bit of clarification regarding the above request:
"Commercial 3D" is a name of the brand - I have the original box too.
(Never heard of that brand up until I got the device today - virtually no info on the web about it either. The package box says that the manufacturer's website is www.commercial-3d.com but it does not exist)

There is no such brand either in the Logitech Harmony online devices database.

Lookup Tool finds a brand called "Commercial Solutions", but no projectors are there amongst a few devices of that brand.

This request looks like a veeeeeery long shot, but let's see what we can do and I will never say never.

Thanks,
DS

Added pictures (apologies for the size):

Here the projector is shown correctly:

https://i.ibb.co/bRn8cMv/20220320-150301.jpg

Note! On the picture below, the projector itself is shown mirror-imaged (that's how it is on the box) - look at the previous picture for correct projector image:

https://i.ibb.co/M6gH6tQ/20220320-150402-1-cropped.jpg

Last edited by digital_silence on Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that this sounds like a re-brand job, and this "brand" is virtually non-existent, it might be helpful to post some pics of the device (and maybe even the box), just in case someone has a projector that looks just like it.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can open it up easily, it may be worth looking internally for markings indicating who made it.

Tried NEC1 0.0? Wink
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to suggest NEC1 dev 0 (no sub-device) but then I looked at our protector upgrades and didn't see any that use that.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:31 pm    Post subject: Upgr Wanted:"Commercial 3D" Projector model H-450 Reply with quote

This idea has worked for me in the past when i did not have OEM remote
Have the projector up and running
Take a universal remote and set it to search through its codes to find your device.
Normally instructions say have device on and stop when it shuts off
but in this case observe the output of the projector for any signs it is responding
It probably wont be that it turns off but even if you notice something like a menu pop up or volume changing you may have found something. Then stop your remotes searching and you can go from there to find what protocol it is using.
I have a craig tv that did not use the normal craig code and with this method i found the protocol and made an upgrade for it
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have added a couple of photos of the box to my original request - sorry for the large pictures.

I am reluctant so far to pull it apart - want to exhaust the less invasive solutions first. But I will, if I need to.

I will try NEC1, 0,0. I don't know the button codes tho. Will have to just program the ranges of OBCs into different devices on my OFA remote and try them all. There are only 256 of them...
Any idea of what the "most usual" button codes or ranges would be to work ?

I will have to look around for an "autosearching" remore - do 8910 or 8811 support this feature?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend NEC1 dev 0 (with no sub-device) rather than NEC1 dev 0.0 (ie, sub-device=0). As for the OBCs, yeah, just program as many as you can in the range 0 thru 50 because, chances are, if they used NEC1 0 they probably also used low OBCs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: