JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Remote URC-3660
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Curiosity got to me so I finally found out that 9xx command 989 followed by digits 1234
after 4 it will blink back the Vendor Setup ID which in this case is 3.
I have had some setups where i got no blinks then i restored a previous RMIR and figured it out.
Not that this info will do us any good anyway
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:30 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

After seeing that this remote is no longer available in stores I ordered 2 more at Walmart.com. They arrived yesterday along with an E-Mail to take a Walmart survey about my purchase. I took the survey and also expressed my disappointment that it is no longer available in stores.I mentioned several times to bring it back In-store
Not that this will do any good but one can only hope.
dkraines

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a short life this one had.

Shame really, that tinkerer capable products are so niche these days, as society moves towards a perceived "spoon fed" utopia. rant over.
merbau

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 5:58 am    Post subject: Activity Group Assignments Reply with quote

I got my remote yesterday, before I had a URC 7960. With that one I could change the activity group assignments, for example for volume + and - i can assign it to any device. With the URC 3661 I can read the remote, but under Activities the devices where the groups are assigned to, are greyed out. Nothing to change here.
Does anybody know if this is characteristic to this remote? And so it indeed can't be changed?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s explained earlier in the thread.
merbau

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I searched everything, but I can only find that you can change the key value.
With different key values you get different devices assigned to the groups, but these combinations are predefined.
I would like to be able to set a specific device for every single group there is.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merbau wrote:
I would like to be able to set a specific device for every single group there is.

Sorry, but the remote does not permit it. This is not an issue with RMIR, it is due to the firmware of the remote.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merbau wrote:
I searched everything, but I can only find that you can change the key value.
With different key values you get different devices assigned to the groups, but these combinations are predefined.
That's the way it works. The key changes the presets.

EDIT: I see Mathdon beat me to it.
merbau

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 4:37 am    Post subject: power button Reply with quote

Thank you for the answers.

I have most of the things working now, but there is one thing that bothers me.
I can't find out how to get the power button working in activity mode. When I press the power button in this mode, nothing is happening. First I need to presse the TV (or STB) button and then the power button will work.

I also tried it with a macro on the power button, but same problem: it only works after I press a device button. But a macro on for example the red button works independant from device mode.

A long press on the power button does turn on my TV, but not my STB.

Very frustrating when I want to switch them on or off.

I hope someone can help me out.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 2:43 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

I will test activity options in the near future but for people like me who do not use activities
there is a way to use the buttons for another purpose.
By deleting the activities segments i found a way to use the buttons as dev 4 and dev 8 It will also support real time macro, dsm and real time dsm
Ed

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: power button Reply with quote

merbau wrote:
Thank you for the answers.

I have most of the things working now, but there is one thing that bothers me.
I can't find out how to get the power button working in activity mode. When I press the power button in this mode, nothing is happening. First I need to presse the TV (or STB) button and then the power button will work.

I also tried it with a macro on the power button, but same problem: it only works after I press a device button. But a macro on for example the red button works independant from device mode.

A long press on the power button does turn on my TV, but not my STB.

Very frustrating when I want to switch them on or off.

I hope someone can help me out.

I know nothing about this remote, but it sure sounds like the power button on it works very much like that of the 7880 remote when in activity mode. This thread has some detail on my experiences with it, if those are helpful.
merbau

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 3:31 am    Post subject: power button Reply with quote

Ed, you're totally right, the behaviour is the same as you describe. In activity mode a short press on the power key doesn't do anything. And I can't program a macro on it that works in activity mode.
Ed

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: power button Reply with quote

merbau wrote:
Ed, you're totally right, the behaviour is the same as you describe. In activity mode a short press on the power key doesn't do anything. And I can't program a macro on it that works in activity mode.

My "fix" for the power button problem was to simply not use activity mode, and to put macros on other buttons (except device or shifted device buttons) to create "activities". I use the power button to turn on and off the TV, and, via CEC, to turn on and off my AVR. I use CEC to turn on and off my BluRay player too, and my Raspberry Pi stays on all the time.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 5:53 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Ed
I am interested in seeing how you did things.
Could you please upload your RMIR of your current setup to the diagnosis section and post a link here.
It may help others on different ways to set things up

Thanks

Randy
Ed

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
Ed
I am interested in seeing how you did things.
Could you please upload your RMIR of your current setup to the diagnosis section and post a link here.
It may help others on different ways to set things up

Thanks

Randy

Here is my RMIR file. Please note that this is for a 7880 remote, not a 3660. I have no experience at all with the 3660, but it does appear that they operate similarly.

If you look through the 7880 thread I mentioned earlier you'll note that, despite the nice functionality Graham has discovered, I don't use the 7880 much because my OAR remote just works too well for me.

I look forward to any feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 11 of 18

Jump to: