JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Remote URC-3660
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot reproduce any of these issues. I have tried Java 8 and Java 14 in Windows 10 and Java 8 in Ubuntu Linux, as I see that you are using Ubuntu. The rmaster.err file you have posted identifies the following error:

Code:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: class java.lang.Double cannot be cast to class java.lang.Float
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.MacroDefinitionBox.getKeySpec(MacroDefinitionBox.java:464)

That line is not casting a Double to a Float. It is casting an Object that is an instance of Float to a Float. I have posted RMIR v2.14.9 in the same development folder which tests to see if this Object is an instance of Float or Double and handles both cases. That is the best that I can do. Please try it.

If you still have problems, you need to give me precise instructions for reproducing them. "Sometimes this happens" is no help, as before posting build 8 I did extensive testing of Real-time and Multi Macros and never encountered anything like the issues you are finding.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:30 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

On v2.14.8 If I make a realtime DSM on "App1" = "2, dash, 6, ok" I can not add the "ok" button i can however click ok with my macro then go back and edit it then i can add the "ok" button. More testing and here is what i have found.
I enter the button to the macro from the list i add 2, 6, dash. then i move dash up above the 6 and when i try to add the "ok" button it will not add to the list. But i just noticed if i enter "2", "6", "dash", "ok" it will be added to the list then i move my "dash" button above 6
so it appears the order or a difference in the keys matters.
In v2.14.9 i can move the "dash" key up and it will let me add the "ok" button
so you may have fixed it. Time permitting i wil as always do more testing.
Also can any of the different types of Macro's be bound to a Phantom key i must be missing something because i can't figure how to use a phantom other than to just assign a function to it and place it in a macro
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the explicit example. It was the "move up" that was causing the problem, so I have been able to reproduce your error message. The fix in build 9 does solve that problem, and though it is not the tidiest way to solve it now that I have identified the cause, I will leave it in. I hope that this was the root cause of the other problems you were experiencing. If you still find problems with build 9, the same applies - please let me know how to reproduce it.

As for the phantom buttons, I have explicitly barred them in the RDF from being bound to macros, as I can see no way of calling a macro on a phantom button. My understanding is that macros on phantom buttons are only useful in extenders, as extenders allow nested macros but unextended remotes do not. But if you want to experiment then simply edit the RDF and remove the "AllMacroBind" in the last line of the [Buttons] section, so that it begins

Code:
Phantom1=$3F,Phantom2,

Quote:
I can't figure how to use a phantom other than to just assign a function to it and place it in a macro

Neither can I, but their use in that way to simulate LKPs seems enough to justify having them.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:22 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Thanks Graham for everything
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:15 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

To recap
this is how it is working for me
New multidsm choices are to place it on RGYB keys only
ok then make another multidsm choices again are RGYG keys
try to edit these two and choices are RGYB
then try new realtime dsm choices are app1,2,3
then edit or new realtimemacro and choices are all keys available
and all keys are available on the previous made multidsm
only after i make a realtime dsm are all keys available for the multidsm
Im not complaining, it still works just that this is what is happening
I do not need a phantom key to have a LKP . Since all keys are then available to me
i put a multidsm on a digit key and a short press gives me the digit and a long press runs the macro
Hope i explained it well enough
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a long time to reproduce the behaviour you were finding, but finally I did so. There was a post of mine that was up for only a short time that I made when I believed I could not reproduce it. Anyone who saw it should ignore it. As far as I can tell, the behaviour arises if you edit a downloaded setup but not one loaded from a .rmir or .ir file, which is how I have done most of my testing. I have now posted development build RMIR v2.14.10 in the usual development folder that should fix the problem.

Please test it, and also please continue to let me know if you find any other behaviour that you do not think was intended. Support for this remote is still under development and I will not regard it as complete until you are happy with it.

As for phantom buttons, they are not there for your benefit. I accept that you may not need them. They are needed, however, if you want an LKP to send a signal that is not on any physical button. You then put that signal on the phantom and put the phantom in the macro of the LKP. See this post by gregm60 earlier in this thread.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Sorry about that i was going to write that I was downloading remote first as if i was editing a current setup. Preliminary testing and so far so good on v2.14.10.
Time limited today for test's though, but i will continue as time permits
Also now that i think about it phantom buttons will come in handy after all
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

a little more testing and i have not run into any problems
R2-M0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been the first remote in years that I thought could be a viable replacement for my trusty (but aging) RCRP05Bs. So I picked up a couple and started experimenting with them this weekend. And while I miss the power that an extender brings, I've slowly been able to get the 3660 into a mostly similar configuration.

However, that's only true for one of the two devices I bought. With the other one, as soon as I put in batteries, the TV light starts blinking constantly, and it seems completely unresponsive in every other way. Haven't been able to figure out any way to alter this behavior. So I thought I'd ask if anybody has any clever ideas... other than that particular remote just being a lemon.

Thanks!
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Sounds like you got a lemon or it may have already been opened very carefully that you could not tell that, and someone tried on there own without the aid of this forum to jp1 it and bricked it up

Last edited by HamburgerHelper1 on Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

I did 980 on remote then download then make realtime DSM on devive tv digit 1
next if i make standard dsm digit 1 available in list for use same for a new realtime DSM but for MultiDSM digit 1 not available for any device
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

All of my local Walmart store's no longer have this remote.
They even removed the sign on the shelf and replaced it with a GE Brand remote
It appears it will no longer be available in store's
Currently still available at https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-R113663-6-Device-Universal-Remote/747238608
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
All of my local Walmart store's no longer have this remote.
They even removed the sign on the shelf and replaced it with a GE Brand remote
It appears it will no longer be available in store's
Currently still available at https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-R113663-6-Device-Universal-Remote/747238608
We'll shoot! That didn't last long. None in my area either. I was hoping it would be around for a while.

I think UEI's main problem is their remotes are just too complex for the average user, so people end up returning them. I see this over and over in Amazon reviews. Their amazing capabilities are great for the few of us JP1ers but are completely lost on the average person who is unaware of JP1. All that's left on the store shelves are the simplest, least functional remotes which are easier to set up.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
I did 980 on remote then download then make realtime DSM on devive tv digit 1
next if i make standard dsm digit 1 available in list for use same for a new realtime DSM but for MultiDSM digit 1 not available for any device

Sorry, somehow I missed this when you first posted it. I am not sure if I understand correctly what you have done, but I think it is the correct behaviour. If you have a realtime DSM for one device on a particular button then you can have a standard DSM, but not a MultiDSM, for a different device on that same button.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Ok yes I believe it is the correct behavior after all.
It helps if I remember what the original difference between App keys and the colored keys is
I got ahead of myself finding what this remote can do and trying to push it beyond its limits instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 10 of 18

Jump to: