JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Remote URC-3660
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ewwgoblins

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:25 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Hi! I'm very new to this, but I think I have what you need to create a new RDF file.

1. OFA Essential 6 Device USA (3660 R00)-(Branded as ONN 6 device remote) its the US version of the global 3661 model
2. it looks exactly like the 3661 remote, but i included a picture as well.
3. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26497
4. I'm not sure how to get this, but am willing to help get the info!
5. i know that the remote supports Macros, but i haven't quite worked out how to change it i will work on that as well.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP1 6-pin connector? Bluetooth perhaps?

Walmart has them for $11.88. Backlit.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ONN-R113663-6-Device-Universal-Remote/747238608
ewwgoblins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats it! Im not sure about bluetooth….i dont see a bluetooth chip on the pcb. But it does have a JP1 connector. Thats how i pulled the IR file. Ive been reading up on jp1 as a whole, and im a bit confused about how to implement the 995 command.

I bought it on a gamble hoping it would have the port and it did. Def worth it for 11.88. XD

If you need anymore info on it just ask! Im not so familiar with this yet, but im a fast learner!
ewwgoblins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so ive been doing some testing and adjusting, and i think i may have a base RDF file to get the remote to show up correctly.

Ill link it here, but its based off the 3661 remote RDF.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26497
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

I just bought one.
For that price you can't go wrong,
Especially Since there are few new jp1's out there
Pins 1,2,5,6 actually labeled too
I wonder how long Walmart will keep selling this one
ewwgoblins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK, but it seems like its pretty nice for the price. especially for someone just getting started.....

I'm still having issues though - the frankenstien .RDF file i made from the 3661 remote's file lets RMIR see whats on the remote, but when i try to save the file i get an error. weird thing is it will let me upload back to the remote just fine. XD

If anyone knows what im doing wrong/what i can do to help let me know. Im still fumbling my way through all of this.
ewwgoblins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, I just saw the thread about v2.14. i encountered the saving issue on my windows PC. I am using the 2.13.2 version and saved it fine.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

It Acts a little funky for me.
RMIR has troubles adding macros
Manual states hold setup and the key for macro until light blinks
So it is not a standard 995 procedure
Manually adding Macro is a little funky by itself
I added my dvd/hddr upgrade on device dvd
My dvd worked
I manually added a macro according to remotes booklet
My dvd no longer worked
Did RMIR download and my dvd upgrade was no longer in the remote
also weird from 1st download and no modifications from me
STB set as cable type setup code 1982 in Red if i change it and upload and re download
it is set at 1982 again
ewwgoblins

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some testing with the remote yesterday. I know the problem you mean when it acts funny. are you using the jp2.X mode? I had a similar problem running it in jp1 1usb mode (i had my ftdi connector connected to DTR instead of RTS)

So far ive been able to get most of the buttons figured out, and it seems like its actually the same as the 3661 remote - aside from the codes it has from the factory, and the "subtitle" button being labeled "Live".

at this point im trying to figure out the button codes for my recently purchased Technics SA-DX940. ive gotten most of the common buttons like volume and power (similar to the SA-AX530 listed on the site) but im still struggling to replicate the more specialized buttons that will allow me to change the individual speaker level-only possible using the remote on this system.

if anyone knows any direction to point me in that would be awesome!!
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

I was only doing a little preliminary testing with this remote
and will wait for the experts to check out the RDF
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewwgoblins wrote:
i think i may have a base RDF file to get the remote to show up correctly

Although the remotes seem to have the same hardware, apart from a few button names, the built-in protocols and setup codes are very different. Here is a draft RDF based on that of the URC-3661 but with the protocols and setup codes updated to be those of the URC-3660. It is likely that this RDF is correct apart from the few changed button names. The image and map files referenced in this RDF are still those of the URC-3661, so I cannot update the button names in the RDF at this time.

There may be some other differences from the URC-3661 that are not obvious, but only testing can check this. If you confirm that all is well with this draft RDF, I will create updated map and image files and correct the changed button names.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

A small amount of preliminary test's have the RDF working good.Still needs more testing though.
Question is how make Macro work correctly in RMIR
The colored RBGY buttons serve dual purpose
Single tap and they are the standard colored button for that device
Put a macro on it by holding setup and any colored button till light blinks make macro then hold setup to end
Then colored button is standard when tapped and runs the macro after holding down for 3 seconds

Here is files with macro manually punched in from the remote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26504
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

If i upload a macro on the colored button with RMIR the button runs the macro only and without holding for the 3 seconds no normal function if made by punching it into remote the button retains original function and held for 3 sec runs macro
Also manually punching in the macro the colored MultiMacro buttons will only accept digits 0- 9 and the dash - key
I tested 995 on other buttons and could make a working macro with buttons other than the digit keys
MrMoody

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:

Also manually punching in the macro the colored MultiMacro buttons will only accept digits 0- 9 and the dash - key

This must be intended for favorite channels. It's possible they will accept multiple favorites per key and cycle through them when pressed repeatedly.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:19 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Yes the manual calls them Channel shortcut macros one manuals says 8 macros per key another states 10 per key and each consecutive push will cycle the next channel
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: