JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Remote URC-3660
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw a picture of the remote. Is the play/pause button a two-button rocker, or is it just a big combined play/pause only button?

I wonder if it could be a good replacement for the RCA RCRP05BR? The layout looks very similar.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

It is a one piece rocker with 2 buttons to activate play pause separately
tested both on my dvd and irscrutinizer
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
Question is how make Macro work correctly in RMIR

It appears that the URC-3660 has some features not present in the URC-3661 as this dual use of the coloured buttons is new. These are MultiMacro buttons. I have posted a revised RDF in the same location as before, which adds support for multimacros on these buttons. In RMIR you create a multimacro by adding a series of ordinary macro entries on the same button, in the order in which you want them to operate on the button concerned.

Please give this a try and let me know if it works.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Macro testing With new RDF
The manual states to make multi macro hold setup and red or colored buttons till light blinks then make macro then tap red again then next macro then red again etc.
I tried RMIR one line my macro red next macro red etc But macro just runs all buttons in a row.
I made multimacro on green punching into remote ending each macro with tapping green and download shows separate green macros for each macro
i made 4 separate macros in RMIR on yellow and they do work as expected
including using other than only digit keys

The RMIR

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26507
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that test. It is all as it should be. There is no link between how you create the multimacro on the remote (in a single operation) and how you create it and how it is represented in RMIR (as a series of separate macros). Macros are not recursive so the occurrences of Red in the macro on the Red button would send the normal signal on that button rather than triggering the next macro in the multimacro.

So can I take it that, as far as you now know, the RDF is correct?
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Yes it appears all is correct in the RDF that you may commit this one.
And just an observation of the remote if there is no macro on the colored buttons
the button will act as it normal color button when pressed
But if a macro is on it seems it waits to see how long its held so it sends the normal
color ir signal when you release the button instead of when its pressed.
Also with this remote if there isn't some kind of sticky somewhere already
this would be a good time to remind people of segment 13. This remotes default time for backlight is 10 seconds which could reduce battery life, i changed this remote to 5 seconds, and some of my other ones i have even reduced it to 3 secs
I actually forget did you have backlight timing in some of the other RDF'S or could it be added?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted a third draft of the RDF in a zip file together with new map and image files, so the button names in the new RDF are now correct. No other changes from second draft.

It should be possible to make the backlight timing settable from RMIR. I will look into it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourth draft RDF includes ability to set backlight timeout in RMIR.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:46 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Im not familiar with setting activates but even though i may not have some devices i tried
changing by punching different setting in the remote but do not see anything different in the download maybe an example in RMIR would help
Say i want watch movie and i want tv for volume and input and my dvd for transport how do i set it
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
Im not familiar with setting activates but even though i may not have some devices i tried
changing by punching different setting in the remote but do not see anything different in the download maybe an example in RMIR would help
Say i want watch movie and i want tv for volume and input and my dvd for transport how do i set it

In the activities tab, pick the key number that reflects the group assignments below that you want. For your example, that would be Watch Movie, key 3, assuming your DVD is assigned to the Bluray device.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Thanks mdavej
Yeah i have my dvd/hdvr on dvd gonna switch it to Bluray
I might also just do some key moves for transport to tv since this remote doesn't support
transport punch-through
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Thanks Mathdon

Backlight Timing working too
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:23 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Well i guess there might be more to do to the RDF after all.

According to the manual the app shortcut buttons below the colored buttons will remember the timing of the macro for instance to get your streaming device operating.
I haphazardly made a macro and notice i now have a segment type 03
delayed macro. So apparently the app buttons support timed macros.
Let me know if you need a better timed macro file to analyze this feature

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26508
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: DON'T UPLOAD WITH RMIR.2.14.2, THE TIMED MACRO WILL NOT BE RECREATED CORRECTLY. WILL FIX THIS ASAP.

EDIT2: BUG FIXED IN RMIR 2.14.3

This is getting to be a pretty powerful remote Smile . The segment 3 data of the timed macros on the App buttons is in a known format, but those hex values 74 and 75, which specify timing units, are new. The values previously seen are only 71 and 72, so supporting the timed macros needs an update to RMIR.

I have posted development build RMIR 2.14.3 in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge. This includes the 5th draft of the RDF, so don't update the RDF from elsewhere. In this build I have treated 74 as 71 and 75 as 72, which almost certainly means that the Hold timings shown in RMIR are wrong. These values concern the unit in which the Hold duration is expressed, but it is possible that the Pause timings (gaps between button presses) are also wrong, so both really need to be checked. PLEASE NOTE that you need to download the remote again into this version. If you simply load the .rmir file that you posted for me, the timed macro will not show on the Macros tab as it was saved with an RMIR that did not understand it.

Please do some testing to try to find out the factor by which the Hold timings are wrong. Timed macros cannot be created in RMIR but they can be edited, so you can test in two ways:

1. Create a timed macro on an App button using the remote, measuring (as far as possible) the hold duration of each button and the gap durations between them. Download into RMIR, edit the macro to see what it says the timings are, and compare.

2. Create a timed macro on an App button using the remote, without measuring the timings. Edit the macro in RMIR and set the timings to values you think you can measure. Upload the result, test the macro and compare actual timings with the entered ones. This assumes that an LED is lit on the remote while signals are being sent but not in the gaps between.

Please make sure, by checking the type 3 segment, that both codes 74 and 75 are used. One is for shorter times and the other, a bigger unit, for longer times but I don't know what counts as a longer time, so that is part of the experiment.

What you have found on the remote is suggesting to me that it is similar to the URC-7955. In addition to supporting timed macros (but on only one key), it also supports Controlled Macros on all other keys (apart from some special ones) and also Device-Specific Macros (DSMs) of both normal and controlled types. So I have added support for all of these into the RDF. Please also test to see which, if any, of these additional features do actually work on the remote.

Last edited by mathdon on Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

ok here is test timed macro did 5 sec on 3 off it is pretty darn close on timing only hex 72 shows up
forgot to do some test with controlled dsm have guests visiting so may not have time to test today
but so far by itself dsm worked by itself but when i added a dsm to remote where i already had app1 macro working my dsm worked but the app timed macro no longer works even though it still show up in RMIR . FWI 978 DSM did not work when i tried it earlier so i was surprised you got it working
i may be busy soon and i don't want to get you sidetracked but one idea i had was that if i do a 995 macro on red button the macro works instantly without the 3 sec add more macros then the delay is there so i wonder if there is any way of having a macro on the button and still have a 2nd one as a delay 3 sec kinda like making a LKP

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26511
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: