JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New OEM3 ReplayTV style remote
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:04 pm    Post subject: New OEM3 ReplayTV style remote Reply with quote

This is a different version of the OEM3 ReplayTv type remote
It has Some extra buttons and the device and setup buttons were hidden behind a sticker.
These buttons are recessed into the remote and the setup button just blinks once when 1st pressed and no 2 blink when held down.
Since i can not get it into setup mode there is not much else i can do with it.
The raw data download is all zeros while if i pick any of the versions of replaytv
the RMIR displays data. except for the fixed data mismatch error
Here is link to files
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26487
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try the following. If you are not already doing so, download RMIR v2.14.0 and try raw download with that. If still all zeroes, do a normal download then go the the Advanced menu and check Preserve original data. Then go to the Raw Data tab. The data should then be in Blue, not Black. NOW save the .rmir file and post it for me to look at.

This will save the original data within the .rmir file. That data is the same as raw download data. A raw download does some interpretation that is helpful for creating an RDF for a new remote that cannot do a normal download. I cannot see offhand why a normal download should work when a raw one does not, but I will look into it when I have your new .rmir file.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:46 pm    Post subject: Raw Data all Zeros Reply with quote

here is file

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26488
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to have taken so long to look into this for you. The reason that the raw download displays all zeros is that it has attempted to download 2K of data from a 1K EEPROM. Did RMIR ask you for the size of the EEPROM when you did the raw download? It does so when the size cannot be read from the remote, so if it did not ask, then it appears that the remote gives the wrong answer when queried for the EEPROM size. When you do a normal download then the EEPROM size is taken from the RDF, which has it correct.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject: Raw Data all Zeros Reply with quote

Thank you
Raw download did not ask for size of EEPROM
It sounds then that i could just modify the existing RDF
and map/pic to make a RDF for this one Correct ?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
It sounds then that i could just modify the existing RDF
and map/pic to make a RDF for this one Correct ?

I don't see why not. I suggest that you delete the FixedData entry from the new RDF. It doesn't make sense to me, it says that the checksum bytes should be FF FF, which is not a valid checksum and would only be the case for a newly erased EEPROM, as erasure erases all bytes to FF.

Whatever you do, Raw Download will not work. It seems to me that this remote was intended to have a 2K EEPROM and this value is hard-coded in the firmware, but that a 1K EEPROM has actually been installed. But otherwise, RMIR should work as normal.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject: Raw Data all Zeros Reply with quote

Forgot to mention i did not notice until i later on that what i thought was the setup button is actually another device so this remote actually does not have a setup button.
Mathdon did you notice anything about this in the download ?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Raw Data all Zeros Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
Mathdon did you notice anything about this in the download ?

No. If you did as I suggested and saved the .rmir file with "Preserve original data" selected, then the data in the remote corresponds only to the four devices that are listed in the RDF. However, data for a fifth device could have been lost by something done before you did the download. If you would like me to look further into this, a 981 reset should restore default settings for all supported devices. If you do this, then do a download, save it with "Preserve original data" again selected and post it for me, I will see if that tells us anything further.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:08 pm    Post subject: Raw Data all Zeros Reply with quote

I have not been able to find any documentation for this remote and without a setup button
i have not figured out what button to press to get it into setup to perform 981.
This being such an old remote its hardly worth spending much time on it.
and considering it had a name sticker hiding the device buttons it just might not have a way to setup other than JP1. Appears custom made
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet one of the hidden buttons is really the SETUP button. Have you tried opening this remote yet? They can be a bit stiff to open, but if you can open it without scratching it all to heck, take a look at the PCB to see if they have printed button names or button codes on it. Maybe post some pics.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:53 am    Post subject: New OEM3 ReplayTV style remote Reply with quote

Yes time permitting I will be opening up this remote and taking pics
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the mean time, test the hidden buttons that you revealed to see what they really are.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject: New OEM3 ReplayTV style remote Reply with quote

With Irscrutinizer Remote Transmits With the diferent device buttons selected I get
Top Device Button = Matsui
Left = G.I cable
Middle = RCA-38(OLD) D=14
Right = RCA-38(OLD) D= 15
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And didn't you say that the button that looks like the SETUP button is really another device button, making 5 device buttons in total?
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:50 pm    Post subject: New OEM3 ReplayTV style remote Reply with quote

I was mistaken the upper left button does nothing no blink of LED and has no effect on the other devices
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: