JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spectrum DVR Cisco 9865HDC - Looking for discrete on/off
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
User1138

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject: Spectrum DVR Cisco 9865HDC - Looking for discrete on/off Reply with quote

I am trying to add a program a Spectrum Cable DVR Cisco Model 9865HDC to my URC MX-850 using the MX-850 Editor. Unfortunately the Cisco Model 9865HDC is not in the URC MX-850 IR database. The MX-850 Database only goes up to the Cisco 8652HD and none of the discrete off and discrete on codes work from that remote. Would someone have the discrete pronto on and off codes for the DVR Cisco Model 9865HDC? Additionally how do I find and open of the 9865HDC in Remote Master? I am a new user of Remote Master and not sure where to down the correct remote so I can look at the discrete codes.

Edit "also have a remote Inteset 422-3 So send these codes by IR to the mX-850 pressing SET on the Inteset followed quickly by the EFC codes."

Last edited by User1138 on Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP1 tools only work with UEI remotes, they don't work with MX remotes.
User1138

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies, I also have a remote Inteset 422-3. So send these codes by IR to the mX-850 pressing SET on the Inteset followed quickly by the EFC codes. So I can teach the MX-850 using the Inteset 422-3, but just need the EFC codes for the Cisco Model 9865HDC discrete on and discrete off.

Does anyone have the EFC codes for 9865HDC discrete on and discrete off? Thank you in advance.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have an upgrade or built-in setup code that works your Cisco? You need a working setup code before you can add discretes to it.
User1138

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you @The Robman. For the Inteset 422-3, I have the regular built-in setup code. Device Code 2506 for Spectrum Cable Box Manufacturer Cisco Model 9865HDC_2

I am wondering if the Spectrum Cable Box Manufacturer Cisco Model 9865HDC even has a discrete power on and power off?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, CBL/2506 on the Inteset 422-3 uses NEC1 dev 1, sub 253. Unfortunately, we only have one upgrade file that uses that codeset, which is the HDSW0015M1 HDMI Switch 5 Port 4K, so that's not likely to help you much.

There are other CBL setup codes in the Inteset that might also work this device, and maybe some of the pre-programmed buttons will be discrete codes:

If you want to go hunting for discrete codes yourself, you can create a bunch of dummy upgrades, using NEC1 1.253, that include all the OBCs from 0 to 255, then test the upgrades to see what each code does. Then use the codes that you find to build an upgrade that you can test using the Inteset, and then load it up into the file section for others to use. If you find any secret codes along the way, even better.
User1138

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you @The Robman. Will keep this hunt and find method in mind. In the meantime, what I may just do is leave the cable box on 24x7 and remove any cable power references out of my macros.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know how to do what I suggested? If I were to build an RMIR file with the upgrades loaded, would you actually do the tests?
User1138

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the offer to build a RMIR @The Robman. Yes, I am happy to do the tests one weekend. I would just need detailed instructions on the workflow and I will go through the testing and put all results into a google sheets. 1) Do I need to buy a cable for the Inteset 422-3? If so, I am also happy to do that, if you provide me a link of what to buy (eBay or Amazon.US works). 2) I am also happy to buy an old remote from eBay and order a JP1 cable if needed. Just new to all of this so kindly let me know what works best. Want to learn more about how this works and how to use Remote Master and RMIR files; just need some direction.

While I am somewhat new to the remote scene, I have technical skills so if (provided with the (3) workflow I will carry out any tests and document whatever you need me to document. Fwiw I have a Inteset 422-3, Harmony 665 and MX-850 (using MX-850 editor, which works like a charm). I have a Windows 10 box and have installed Remote Master so I can open RMIR files. Again, just need the workflow, (4) what additional items to buy, any files you want me to go through and I will get to work!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I assumed you had a JP1 cable when you mentioned using the Inteset. Ok, so you'll have to do it the old fashioned way. The following worksheets list all 256 EFCs that are available in CBL/2506. The sheet lists 3 digit EFCs but your remote uses 5 digit EFCs, so you will need to prefix 2 zeroes to make them work. Like you said, you press SETUP then type the 5 digit code. You can hold the last digit to simulate holding the button, if you like.

For example, to test OBC 0, press SETUP-0-0-1-8-1

http://www.hifi-remote.com/worksheet2.shtml
http://www.hifi-remote.com/worksheet2-b.shtml

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
User1138

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob - May I order the Jp1 cable? I would like to learn as much as I can. May I please ask for the correct link which JP1 cable I should order to work with the Inteset and I will order tonight? Thank you

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/JP1_Cables
Do I pick the first Ebay cable, with the FTDI chip. Pick the "independent" connector option? Or is there another link / correct cable I should order for the Inteset? Thank you!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you can buy a cable if you want, all the info is in that wiki page and here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16360
User1138

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info. 1) Just to reconfirm my understanding of what I read able the jp1 cable to use with the Interset, I get cable with the FTDI chip. Picking the "independent" connector option? 2) where does plug into the interset 3) can i use this cable to back up the interset?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) All the info is on the wiki page and the thread that I linked. If you're choosing to get a replacement 6-hole plug for the cable, then it doesn't matter whether you get independent connectors or a fixed connector, as you'll be replacing them.

If you're not going to get a replacement 6-hole plug, then you should get the independent connectors. In this case, you will need to connect them to the pins on the remote one at a time, which is not convenient and is fiddly but that's your choice. You could also elect to glue them together into a single plug if you wish.

2) Do you not have a 6-pin connector on the Inteset? (NOTE: it's Inteset, not Interset) If you don't, then you must have a custom version that isn't programmable using JP1.

3) Assuming that you do have a 6-pin connector on the remote, yes.
User1138

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for all of the questions, again I am new at this.

1) Ok, I just ordered the below items to make a cable:
a) Original 6Pin FTDI FT232RL USB to TTL RS232 Serial Adapter Cable for Arduino
b) 10x Pack Lot Dupont Cable Terminal Connector Head Female 6 Pins

2) Question "Do you not have a 6-pin connector on the Inteset? "
Yes, I the Inteset remote with a 6-pin male connector above the battery well.

3) Question "When I get the cable, How do back up the Inteset? Do I launch RMIR and select > Remote > Download From Remote"

4) In the meantime while I wait for the cables and 6 Pin connector, I will tackle the manual process. May I confirm the correct workflow?

4a) I first program the Ineset with device "CBL/2056" by selecting empty device button D with the below steps?

1. Turn on the device (ie: your TV and cable box).
2. Press the Device key on the remote you wish to
program (ie: A, B, C, or D). I will use D
3. Press and hold the SET button on the remote until
the signal LED (red light) blinks twice, then release
the button.
4. Enter the first five-digit setup code for the device
(*****ie: 2056 or 02056? ****). The LED blinks once as each digit is entered. If the code is valid, the LED will blink twice quickly. NOTE: If the LED does not blink twice after entering the five-digit code, repeat steps 2-4.

4b) I follow the work sheets and document what happens. Can I please confirm the below so I capture the information correctly?

For example, to test OBC 0, press SETUP-0-0-1-8-1, write down the result into a spreadsheet ie "brings up menu"

5) Can you please explain how the cable will help with this testing?

6) Can you please share with me a sample Ineset *.rmdu file for me to look at in Remote Master?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: