JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Add button change to Nevo C2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject: Add button change to Nevo C2 Reply with quote

It's been a while since using JP1 software for remotes; need advice, I downloaded the contents of my Nevo C2 remote to RMIR software. I want to change/add one button from OEM remote to Nevo C2. What is the procedure; do I delete the device then add the new button etc.?

In advance thanks for your time and support.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devices tab, double click the device you want to change, make your changes on the functions and buttons tabs, click OK, save, upload to remote.
radunn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Devices tab, double click the device you want to change, make your changes on the functions and buttons tabs, click OK, save, upload to remote.
That sounds too easy; lol. I vaguely recall having to clear the Nevo C2 remote, learn the buttons from the OEM to Nevo, download results to RMDU or RMIR import those results to RMIR then upload.... sound familiar or has times/devices changed. Again thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there was never any clearing required. But the complexity depends on where this new code comes from. I assumed you already knew what to add.
radunn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Well, there was never any clearing required. But the complexity depends on where this new code comes from. I assumed you already knew what to add.
There's one button to add that comes from the OEM remote..... to Nevo C2. This is where I'm at.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
There's one button to add that comes from the OEM remote..... to Nevo C2. This is where I'm at.

I take it that means that you don't know the details of the signal you want to add. If you learn the signal on the C2, the Learned Signals tab will show you the necessary details. Don't learn it to the button that you finally want the signal on, use any other button. You can then do what mdavej suggests, to assign the signal to your desired button. After testing that it works, then delete the learned signal to restore the button that you used back to its normal function.
radunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
radunn wrote:

I take it that means that you don't know the details of the signal you want to add. If you learn the signal on the C2, the Learned Signals tab will show you the necessary details. Don't learn it to the button that you finally want the signal on, use any other button. You can then do what mdavej suggests, to assign the signal to your desired button. After testing that it works, then delete the learned signal to restore the button that you used back to its normal function.

Rather than confuse myself further I am upload two rmdu files; TV LG 49UH610V (downloaded yesterday) and LG-HDTV 49UH6090 2018 currently in use. The problematic button is PreCh; it does not work. I am hoping i can swap TV LG 49UH610V PreCh button/back function (codes etc) to my current RDMU.

My TV is the LG 49UH6090. The objective is to have a working PreCh/Back button on the Nevo C2 that goes back one menu at a time. As Always, thanks!

PS: does the new RMIR use the upgrade function of RMDU where you click the Output tab, click copy and import that into RMIR?

LG-HDTV 49UH6090
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26474
TV LG 49UH610V
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26475
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your RMIR file as well and tell me which upgrade has the working Prev. I’m still a little lost.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Post your RMIR file as well and tell me which upgrade has the working Prev. I’m still a little lost.
I feel much the same; at a loss. As of now, only the OEM remote preCh/back button works. Recently I downloaded TV LG 49UH610V.rmdu from File Section thinking/hoping the PreCh codes from it will work in my *.RMIR.

I have yet to incorporate TV LG 49UH610V.rmdu's PreCh/Back codes.

Preview before submitting is not working as of now

link to RMIR file (TVs PreCh not working) http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26478
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
PS: does the new RMIR use the upgrade function of RMDU where you click the Output tab, click copy and import that into RMIR?

It support this. On the Devices tab click New to open the Device Upgrade Editor. The Import Raw button then gives you windows to post the device and protocol upgrades from RMDU or even IR.exe. But it is simpler to use the Open button instead of Import Raw. You can then select a .rmdu file to import directly, without opening it in RMDU.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
Preview before submitting is not working as of now

I'm afraid that is mdavej's fault. Preview doesn't work if there are any non-ASCII characters. Composing a text in MS Word or other similar programs and copying it here can unintentionally introduce punctuation marks that are non-ASCII. You will see that the apostrophe in I'm in your quote from him is an angled right-single-quote mark that is non-ASCII. Compare it with the one I used. Such text can be submitted but not previewed.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my fault. I didn’t copy/paste anything or use a non-ASCII apostrophe, just the one on my iPhone screen. Here is is again, if anybody wants to investigate further. Keyboard show upwards slant left to right but types the opposite slant.

‘ ‘ ‘ ‘
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@radunn, I replaced your RMIR file with a modified one. Give that a try.
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
@radunn, I replaced your RMIR file with a modified one. Give that a try.
It works well mdavej, what was the fix? Thanks much!

PS (amendment to the above): That's what I was going to do; you beat me to the punch... was it only the FUNCTIONS tab that needed the reedit?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I entered the EFC for "BACK" from the posted RMDU into the "FLASHBACK" function on the Functions tab of the LG device in your RMIR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: