JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do I convert the below codes into EFC5 codes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
User1138

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@jgfarrell thank you for the message and sharing the file. Really helpful. Much appreciated. May I ask what universal remote are you using? If you can share a picture (imgur or similar) of your universal remote screen showing the Nvidia Shield set up, I would be grateful.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you open his RMDU file, you'll see the remote model. You'll even see a picture of it on the Layout tab. Yours will also work fine with either his file or built-in codes. All you need is an FLIRC (or IReTV). Did you already buy one, open the configuration software and are requesting a screen-shot of the configuration? jgfarrell's remote doesn't have a screen.
User1138

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask what software I would use to open up a RMDU file? Wanted to review it before I purchase a FLIRC. Thanks for the link.
jgfarrell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a long-obsolete URC10820N with an "extender" installed, but the exact model is unimportant, as long as you have a JP1.x cable.

Cable advice here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/JP1_Cables
Pick the first Ebay cable, with the FTDI chip. Pick the "independent" connector option. Shipping will take weeks, though.

Download the latest Remote Master software from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/controlremote/files/RemoteMaster/

You will need a recent Java installed. Once you get these installed, you can double-click on the .rmdu file to see how the buttons are assigned. Once you get a cable and download the configuration from a JP-1.x compatible remote using Remote Master, you are able to change remote model and button assignments as you like, then upload your changes back to the remote.

If all of the above seems like overkill, you should be able to use virtually any universal remote, probably even the one you may already have, without cables. You can just program an unused device button to send codes for some device that you do not have, for example, a Panasonic VCR (assuming that you don't have one of those). You just won't get the benefit of all the fancy programming you can do with a cable.

The idea is that you want to send codes that no other device in your setup will respond to, then use those codes to teach your Flirc (or similar device) using its setup software. The Flirc software has a profile for the Shield Gen 2, and you can install the Flirc software and have a look at it before purchasing.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User1138 wrote:
May I ask what software I would use to open up a RMDU file? Wanted to review it before I purchase a FLIRC. Thanks for the link.
We’ve been down this road before.
User1138

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies @jgfarrell, I did not realize/had forgotten that a RMDU was opened in Remote Master. Yes I got Remote Master running.

I actually had the URC10820N, but for some reason I think it was branded a radio shack remote at the time.

Random question on the URC10820N, how do you plug the JP1.x cable into the remote? How does the extender work? I ask because I may buy this remote on ebay to play around with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: