JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

XFINITY 'XR15 remote' function questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WVZR-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject: XFINITY 'XR15 remote' function questions Reply with quote

Comcast/Xfinity has on their XG1V4 X1 Box a "Smart Resume' feature that requires for 'rapid' movement a 4 times 'depress' of the FF Button. I'm interested in a remote that could maybe control the XG1V4 Box and offer a single button 'depress' that might duplicate that 4X 'depress' function.

The Xfinity remote is maybe an XR15 or maybe an XR15-UQ. I've no idea the differences - I've generally seen it referenced as only an XR15.

I've no 'remote' code experience and use the 'One for All 7935'
for my AppleTV/AVR/TV control.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to learn the single FF and just press it 4X like you do on the original. It may even be possible to learn the 4X FF as a single command, but I doubt it. Otherwise, there is no other way to do it besides using a JP1 cable and Remote Master.
WVZR-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
It may even be possible to learn the 4X FF as a single command

This is and would be the desired!

The XR15 and the XG1V4 is RF - I would think this might present it's own set of circumstances. Yes or not?

I almost DM'd you on the other forum but the newer format over there seems to be a bit different these days.

Managing 'Smart Resume' on an Xfinity Box would solve many 'SKIP' issues with my CableCARD TiVo situation.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the XR15 had an IR mode (may have to unpair). Try to use Xfinity remote to change settings in box: Menu>Settings>Remote Control>Activate IR. If remote has a setup button: press hold Setup button until light solid, then enter 987.

But I could be mistaken.
WVZR-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I thought the XR15 had an IR mode (may have to unpair). Try to use Xfinity remote to change settings in box: Menu>Settings>Remote Control>Activate IR. If remote has a setup button: press hold Setup button until light solid, then enter 987.

But I could be mistaken.

RF for the box but has IR for AVR & TV. I use my XG1V4 in 2 rooms using a splitter that actually also does 2160 HDR to 1 TV and 1080P to the 2d which on that location I still use a DARBEE for video improvement. 2 separate remotes that do the XG1V4 and then 2 AVR and 2 TV.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The XR-15 can operate the cable box in IR mode. We have XR-15 UJ remotes, but we actually use 2010 vintage Comcast 1067BX3 IR remotes to control our 3 cable boxes.

Each press of the FF button gives an increase in FF speed up to 4X as displayed on the TV. I just push the button 3 or 4 times, but I assume a macro would work. The cable boxes have a "Smart Resume" feature so that the speed reverts to normal when the commercials are over, at least for the programs I watch.
WVZR-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
The XR-15 can operate the cable box in IR mode. We have XR-15 UJ remotes, but we actually use 2010 vintage Comcast 1067BX3 IR remotes to control our 3 cable boxes.

Each press of the FF button gives an increase in FF speed up to 4X as displayed on the TV. I just push the button 3 or 4 times, but I assume a macro would work. The cable boxes have a "Smart Resume" feature so that the speed reverts to normal when the commercials are over, at least for the programs I watch.

I have 1 'closeted' XG1V4 so it needs to retain the RF control. The 'Smart Resume' feature does do very well at least on the Networks that Xfinity supports it on. My issue seems to be that 'eyes, fingers and the XG1V4' ain't synced, I don't see the 4X so finger goes 1 more & lightening mode. A one button press for max X 4 would do very well. The more I exercise eyes, fingers and the XG1V4 it gets better!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The One for All was just a red herring then? I thought you wanted to use it for the 4X command. I see now this is not the case. The XR15 can't do macros. Maybe you could do it with a voice command?
WVZR-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
The One for All was just a red herring then? I thought you wanted to use it for the 4X command. I see now this is not the case. The XR15 can't do macros. Maybe you could do it with a voice command?

Not really - I wanted it sorta 'understood' I had little to no previous experience! I mentioned what the 'One for All' was used for!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: