JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Guidance on modding URC 6251 Remote & 6252 Dongle for JP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDE12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject: Guidance on modding URC 6251 Remote & 6252 Dongle for JP Reply with quote

I would like to try to mod the URC 6251 Remote & 6252 Dongle for JP1. We have an rdf for the URC 6250 (URC-6250BC0 Bell Fibe) that is the IR only version of the URC 6251 remote. I'm guessing someone modded it to work with RMIR and guessing it will be similar to the two I would like to mod. If it is know outright how to accomplish this, please let me know. If not, please give me some ideas on how to test which "pins" would correlate to our JP1 cables. I have this FTDI USB that might me useful in this project.

These are internal images of the dongle from the FCC site showing a JP1 like connection.

Potentially useful references
URC-6251 (Motorola MXv4RF Remote, MG3-6251)
Internals 01
Internals 02
Internals 03

URC-6252 (Motorola RF2IR USB Dongle, MG3-6252)
Internals

I can't find any internal photos of the 6250 (it is not RF so not an FCC thing)

This project is related to this post about the newer RF capability of RMIR that mathdon has been working on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: