JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR codes for a PHEANOO D6 Sound Bar...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay-Jay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:07 am    Post subject: IR codes for a PHEANOO D6 Sound Bar... Reply with quote

On Xmas, I got the following soundbar as a gift (from my niece):

Brand: Pheanoo
Model: D6

https://imgur.com/a/LDZfUjE

Anyways, I'd like to learn if you can help me decipher the codes that were given to me by the manufacturer when I requested if they know the pairing code for their IR remote.

I'd like to be able to at least pair it with my One For All URC-6131n and also my cable company's Contour 2 voice remote (Comcast Xfinity XR11) -- which does accept 4-digit or 5-digit IR codes for either a TV or a Sound Device.

Here is what I got from the company -- it seems like the codes for each button on the remote...

https://imgur.com/GR6vNdk

Do let me know if you have any further questions about it...

The only ones I am interested in are the following codes: POWER, MUTE, and VOLUMES (UP and DOWN).

The problem I have is that my HDTV doesn't support HDMI-ARC. It only accepts HDMI-CEC, and this soundbar doesn't support the latter.

So right now I'm only using it's optical cable option to hook it up to my HDTV -- But kind of a hassle to change channels with one remote, while having to control the volume with another one...

So I'd prefer to either use it with either of my remotes (mentioned above)--preferably with my cable's remote control.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a wild guess as to what the codes mean, but give this a try...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26429
Jay-Jay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply...

If I am reading correctly the file "PHEANOO D6 Sound Bar.rmdu" the setup code "2000" it won't work on neither of my two remotes:

• All URC-6131n
  • Comcast Xfinity XR11

Plus neither seem to accept it when I enter it during setup mode:
  • On the 6131n it doesn't blink twice after I enter the last digit of that 4-digit code in the AUD device button.
  • On the XR11 it quits pairing mode when I attempt to enter the first digit of that 4-digit code.

Please let me know if you have other suggestions or to correct me if I am entering them wrong or etc.

FYI: I don't have a PC-plug-gadget to program the codes to the URC-6131n remote -- that's in case that file you uploaded there was for me to use it for that...
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the soundbar has hdmi-arc it certainly should hdmi-cec. Have you tried freshing the cec devices in your tv settings? Without arc then you use combination of hdmi along with optical. With cec your tv volume will control the soundbar's volume. So all you need is the universal to control the tv.
Jay-Jay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply....

MaskedMan wrote:
If the soundbar has hdmi-arc it certainly should hdmi-cec.

Yes, that is what I was hoping for...

MaskedMan wrote:
Have you tried freshing the cec devices in your tv settings?

Yes.

MaskedMan wrote:
Without arc then you use combination of hdmi along with optical.

Yes, tried that also by having both the Optical and HDMI connected to the TV from the soundbar. (see my comments below for my results on that...)

MaskedMan wrote:
With cec your tv volume will control the soundbar's volume.

Yes, when I have the HDMI cables connected between the TV and soundbar and in HDMI mode, it will even display that my HDTV will send the volume to the soundbar, because it even displays the soundbar's model number in the process on the TV screen.

And the soundbar indicates (by the LED lights it has) that the volume is being changed as you increase or decrease the Volume, Treble, and Bass.

And both controllers (TV original remote and the Cable Box remote control) are able to control the volume of the soundbar.

But there is no sound. Simply no sound coming when I have the soundbar in HDMI mode.

I will only get sound from the TV when I have it in Optical mode, but even if I have the HDMI cable connected to the TV at the same time with the optical cable, it will not indicate anything on the TV nor on the Soundbar.

I think the way they designed the soundbar, is that you can only have one input running at the time.

If you study the remote control diagram for the soundbar (I posted above) there is an individual button to turn on either the HDMI or the Optical option.

So it seems that even though you have both cables connected to the TV, it is either one or the other, not both.

And when I have it in Optical mode, it will provide sound, but the original TV remote nor the cable box remote will do nothing for the soundbar.

Quote:
So all you need is the universal to control the tv.

That is kind of tricky, because if you are familiar with the Cox Contour 2 cable box and it's voice remote control, all the other functions from the remote are not being sent as an IR signal (as far as I know -- RF mode) -- like their new mini cable boxes.

The only three functions that can send an IR signal (if you are able to pair them) is the: VOLUMES, MUTE, and POWER.

I guess I would have to get a learning universal remote that can handle both IR and non IR signals?

Plus let's not forget that the cable box's remote is also a voice remote, and I do use that function quite a lot.

So that universal would need to be able to do all that, if not, then I am still in the same position in having to hold two controllers at the same time.

Do you know of a learning universal remote that could handle all that? I haven't really looked into that....
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay-Jay wrote:
Thanks for the reply...

If I am reading correctly the file "PHEANOO D6 Sound Bar.rmdu" the setup code "2000" it won't work on neither of my two remotes:

• All URC-6131n
  • Comcast Xfinity XR11

Plus neither seem to accept it when I enter it during setup mode:
  • On the 6131n it doesn't blink twice after I enter the last digit of that 4-digit code in the AUD device button.
  • On the XR11 it quits pairing mode when I attempt to enter the first digit of that 4-digit code.

Please let me know if you have other suggestions or to correct me if I am entering them wrong or etc.

FYI: I don't have a PC-plug-gadget to program the codes to the URC-6131n remote -- that's in case that file you uploaded there was for me to use it for that...

The 2000 setup code was just a random number that I assigned to the device upgrade that I created for you. Just creating an upgrade file doesn't magically add the upgrade to your remote, you do indeed need to load it. I noticed that you've been a member of this forum since 2009, so I assume you knew some of the basics.
Jay-Jay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

The 2000 setup code was just a random number that I assigned to the device upgrade that I created for you.

Ah, I see! I just read this guide, and I see why you used that setup code: If there's no official code that works your device (as far as your know), use 2000 or greater for this entry. (The max value is 2047)

The Robman wrote:

I noticed that you've been a member of this forum since 2009, so I assume you knew some of the basics.

Yes, I think I should start getting my feet wet into this, looks like fun.

BTW, the company also gave me this code --- I think it's their setup code for their remote: 02FD

https://imgur.com/a/eidxjeY

I wonder if that could be converted to a 4 or 5-digit code?

You see when they first gave me these codes of their remote control, I didn't know how I can convert them to codes that I am used to entering on my universal remote controls -- since they seem to be hex codes or something?

So I thought of you guys, if anyone knows these codes, its gotta be these guys... Wink

Off-topic:
I wonder how these manufacturers give URC companies their pairing codes? How is the process normally done? Anyone?

Maybe this company: Pheanoo needs to do this?

Do you think if I contacted my cable company, they can later update their list of audio devices with these codes I have? Since daily the cable box updates to the latest changes and etc., so I'm thinking later they can provide support for this brand or particular model -- for starters?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 02FD is a hex code that tells me what "device codes" they use in the signal itself, it doesn't give you a "setup code". I could use that to modify the upgrade that I created, but now that I know that you can't load it to test it, there's not much point.
albert90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay-Jay wrote:

Yes, I think I should start getting my feet wet into this, looks like fun.

I'm new to this too and I was able to get a lot of context from the same guide you referred to above, so that should hopefully help you get started. It sure is helping me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: