JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SoftKey Text Length Limit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsbrux

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:49 am    Post subject: SoftKey Text Length Limit Reply with quote

During my latest reprogramming effort, I have noticed an odd idiosyncrasy of my XSight Touch. If I call up a device, the soft keys display up to 18 characters (9 characters in each of 2 rows). However, if I invoke an activity which then displays the same softkeys from the same device, any softkey text beyond 13 characters is truncated. Is this a normal, well-known limitation or a peculiarity of my device?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I have no idea why this happens. I have not come across this behaviour before, but I am not a user of this remote. I have one for development purposes but I find it too cumbersome to use. The touch screen is not very responsive, the finger-slide bar for changing screens is just weird. I presume the behaviour you describe is just a matter of how the firmware of the remote works. I doubt if there is anything wrong with your remote or if anything can be done to change it.
rsbrux

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
... I am not a user of this remote. I have one for development purposes but I find it too cumbersome to use. The touch screen is not very responsive, the finger-slide bar for changing screens is just weird.

I can't argue with your critique, but what do you have that's better? I like Xsight Touch better than anything else I have found, but I have already had one bite the dust, and the keypad of a second is no longer fully functional, so I am interested in potential replacements.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsbrux wrote:
I can't argue with your critique, but what do you have that's better?

I use a URC6440 (the US equivalent is the OARUSB04G) with extender. I have acquired a host of other remotes for development purposes since those came out and not found anything that I prefer. Unfortunately, as far as I know, neither it nor the US version are still available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: