JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sky HD + (DRX895W) with Intesat 422-3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeoffT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've closed and reopened RMIR then loaded your file. The Device page still has asterisks next to them (see pic1)

https://i.imgur.com/NxnykiH.jpg

And when I try to upload to the remote I get a warning pop up (see pic2)

https://i.imgur.com/Hy6N3vx.jpg

Is this expected and OK to continue to upload?

Thanks
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not expected and not safe to continue. I don't understand, as the signature of the remote in all three files (your original, your working and my post) are all the same, 361203. You are loading to the Inteset remote? If you look at the Raw Data tab after loading my file, you should see the signature 361203. If you look at the Devices tab, you should see Variant = 2 for the two entries with PID 0020. Please confirm that this is the case, but don't try an upload till I confirm it is safe.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
You are loading to the Inteset remote?

Yes definitely.

mathdon wrote:
If you look at the Raw Data tab after loading my file, you should see the signature 361203.

Yes signature is 361203

mathdon wrote:
If you look at the Devices tab, you should see Variant = 2 for the two entries with PID 0020. Please confirm that this is the case, but don't try an upload till I confirm it is safe.

Yes both have Variant 2, but both an asterisk after the PID 0020. (see pic1 in earlier post)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff, to make things easier for others, I have moved your images to imgur.

See the following "how to":
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6557
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,
I re-calculated the protocols section for this RDF and came up with the following (diffs in red):

[Protocols]
0000, 0002:5, 0014, 001C, 001F:8, 0020:2, 0027:2, 0034, 0045, 004B:7,
0058:2, 005A, 005C, 005D, 005E:2, 005F, 0065:2, 006A:4, 0072, 0073,
007E:5, 0098:2, 009C, 00A4, 00AF:2, 00C4, 00C9, 00CA, 00CD:2, 00DE,
00E2, 00E8, 00EB, 00F8:3, 010C, 0111, 0114:2, 0117, 011A:2, 011E,
012A:2, 0161:5, 0162:2, 016C:2, 0171, 0173, 017E, 0182:2, 0184:2, 018C,
019B, 01A4:2, 01AC, 01AD, 01B5, 01BB, 01C8, 01C9, 01CB, 01CD,
01DC, 01DD, 01E0, 01E2, 01E5, 01EA, 01F2, 020B, 0214, 0215,
021A, 021B, 0221, 0222, 0225, 0228, 022B, 0230, 0232, 023E,
0246, 0247, 024C
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Geoff
Please post your amended RDF, the one with 0020:2 in it. The presence of the asterisk in the pic suggests that this value is not being read. If you have amended the .rmir file I posted, please also post that. I see that in your pic, the file you have loaded is MathdonSkyVersionGT.rmir, which suggests to me that you have amended it from the MathdonSkyVersion.rmir that I posted.

@Rob
Thanks for the amendments, which I will make for the next RMIR release. I see that I was right about 0020 needing to be 0020:2. The other differences should not cause a problem for Geoff's setup, in case he thinks he needs to make these as well.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Graham.

See below for link to my modified RDF file.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26371

I didn't modify your .rmir file. I just took a copy of it with GT in the name so that if I did then make any changes I wasn't changing your original.

Just to be 100% sure, I have just now loaded your original version into RMIR and it still shows the asterisks and pops up the warning if I try to upload it to the remote.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakthrough!!

I thought I would try downloading from the remote to see what the current RAW data showed in terms of signature. That was, as expected 361203, but having done that I then opened Graham's file again and this time there were no asterisks. So I tried upload to remote and there was no warning pop-up, it uploaded fine and most importantly the Sky commands now work! Smile

I have no idea what changed, but all seems good now.

Happy to help with any further testing if it helps future users and thanks for everyone's help
GeoffT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While all the experts are still looking at this, I have discovered another issue.

While the commands work OK for a button press, as soon as I create a macro/special function, the commands seem to send a double (or more) button press. So if I am creating a macro that has "left,left,down" when executed it will go left,left,left,left,down,down or similar.

I have tried adding dummy commands between the actual ones (ie Shift "1" where that is undefined) in case the commands were being sent too fast, but the problem persists.

Are there any adjustments I can make to the no of repeats?
GeoffT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further update after a bit more testing:

If I start RMIR and load my latest saved file, the device tab has the asterisk after the PID for the Sky device ie 00 20*. If I try to upload to the remote a this point it pops up the warning about the signature not matching.

But if I then download from the remote (which is loaded with the latest file already) the asterisk disappears. Even if I save the downloaded file as a new file name, come out of RMIR and then back in and load that exact file again the asterisks and warning are back.

It's not a massive problem as I just have to download from the remote first each time before I make any changes, but it seems to indicate a problem - as if the file isn't storing the signature correctly/ at all for some reason.

I appreciate I've already taken a lot of people's time and expertise, but if anyone can help, it would be nice to get to the bottom of it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that you got my setup file working, though I cannot explain what was happening when you were getting the "signature differs" problem.

Your problem with unwanted repeats is a known issue with some remotes and protocols. It happens with buttons that repeat when held, and when the remote holds keys listed in the macro for a time that is long enough for the protocol to treat it as held to repeat. There are no settings that can fix that issue, instead the protocol experts have created non-repeating custom versions of some protocols that are prone to this. The Sky protocol is one of these. These non-repeating versions are not loaded by default in RMIR, you need to select an appropriate option. Here is what to do.

I have posted a new version (MathdonSkyVersion2.rmir) that uses the non-repeating protocol. To use this, you first need to open RMIR, open the Options menu and select "Show Slingbox protocols". Then close RMIR and re-open it for the change to take effect. Now load my new file. The Devices tab should now show the protocols as "RC6-M-20n (no repeats)", with PID 00 20* and variant "slingbox". If it shows these then try uploading to your remote. Because you have had troubles before, if RMIR does not show what I have said then don't try the upload, instead post what it shows so I can try to see what is wrong.

Good luck and report back please.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Graham.

I followed your instructions and the Sky commands now work perfectly in macros.

I do still have an asterisk following the PID in the devices tab, but it didn't pop up the warning tab and uploaded fine.

This is the device line I have now for the Sky:

SAT 0847 00 20* slingbox RC6-M-20n (no repeats)

EDIT - I've just spotted that your instructions show the asterisk too so maybe that's normal

But, as I say, it is all working well and I'm wondering now if my remote has a fault which explains it's screwy behaviour with RMIR.

I might order another one to test. It's from Amazon so if I need to return one, it's no problem. Now it's all starting to work well, I could probably do with another one for his n hers use anyway.

All this is about trying to replace my Harmony system, which as well as being a PITA generally is obviously now on Death Row.

Thanks again for all of your help, I've now got the remote doing pretty much everything I want.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the asterisk is expected with my new file. Before you order a new one, please post a download .rmir file of your remote as it now is, together with the modified RDF that you are using. I would like to look to see if I can see any errors. I cannot see how the remote itself could be causing the behaviour you are seeing, so I suspect it must be something in one of those two files.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Thanks

Latest RMIR file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26374

My modified RDF file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26375
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the files. I can see no issues with them. When I put your RDF into my RMIR and load your .rmir file, it loads correctly. Yes, there is an asterisk but with this file that is correct. The variant says "slingbox" and the filename includes "(no repeats)", so that is exactly as it should be. I do not have an Inteset remote so cannot try uploading. Do you still get the same message about wrong signature when you try an upload of this .rmir file without first doing a download?

If you still get this happening, one further check you could make is that, after first loading your .rmir file, go to the Raw Data tab and look at the table of hex values. If any of them are in boldface, it means that RMIR has found a problem in the loading process and has "corrected" the boldface values. You should not get any boldface values.

If that is OK, then the next check would be to see what RMIR is reading as the two signatures that it is comparing. In the current RMIR version that is not possible. If we need that, then I will create a development version of RMIR that prints those two values in the rmaster.err file. I will need a few days to do that, so first please do the checks I have suggested and let me know what you find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: