JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sky HD + (DRX895W) with Intesat 422-3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeoffT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Sky HD + (DRX895W) with Intesat 422-3 Reply with quote

Subject: Sky HD + DRX895W satellite box with Inteset 422-3 remote

1. Device: Sky DRX895W
2. Type of device: Satellite Box
3. Year: 2015
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Inteset 422-3
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, Sat/1175
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, didn't find anything for the Inteset
12. If you have a OARUSB04G (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? n/a

I have recently got a Inteset 422-3 and am trying to load the same RMDU files in to it that I used successfully with a URC7960. I have a Samsung TV where the same file works fine for both remotes but for my Sky HD + box the RMDU file that works OK on the URC7960 doesn't work correctly for the Inteset 422-3. The Menu button does work, but nothing else does.

EDIT I've just realised the Menu button only works because I learned that code from the original while I have been testing. So nothing works directly from the RMDU file

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated

The file I'm trying to use is:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25747
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your Inteset RMIR file as well.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR file link

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26364
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26365
GeoffT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, but unfortunately it still doesn't work.

Did you find an obvious problem in my file?

Edit. I've just tried creating a device upgrade directly from the learned code in RMIR.

The learned code works fine, but when I use the upgrade file created from it, it doesn't.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we see the RMIR file with the working learned codes please?
GeoffT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file i posted has the learned code in it. There is just one for "menu/services" on the Sky box (device B) the other learned code is for my TV.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could you create a whole upgrade from just one learned button?
GeoffT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just selected the learned command and hit the "convert to device upgrade" button. The upgrade file only has the one button in it, but I was just testing seeing if it worked. It didn't.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say that Sat/1175 partially works. Does the Menu button work? There appears to be a difference between the Menu signal in Sat/1175 and that in your learned signal. They are both protocol RC6-6-20, Subdevice=12, OBC=126 but the learned signal has Device=5, Sat/1175 has Device=0. I cannot see how both can work.

The Sky master file upgrade has Device=0, Subdevice=0, which are the default values. The upgrade notes say "Adjust the device codes to match your device, if necessary." I suspect this is the problem. Please try setting Device=5, Subdevice=12 (which agrees with the learned signal), and if that doesn't work, try Device=0 (leaving Subdevice=12), and report back on what happens. If neither works then please say what works and what doesn't in the built-in Sat/1175 code, as that may give a clue.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another thing to try, and possibly a more likely solution, as it would explain why your converted learned signal for Menu did not work. The RDF for the Inteset may have the wrong variant for the RC6-6-20 protocol. Edit the RDF and in the [Protocols] section change 0020 to 0020:2. Now open RMIR and load your .rmir file. You will see that in the Devices tab there are now asterisks on the PID 0020 values, indicating a mismatch between those upgrades and the RDF. Delete those two upgrades and recreate them, by once again converting the learned signal to a device upgrade and re-loading the Sky master file upgrade. You will now see that the asterisks are gone and the Variant column says 2.

At this point you are back to where you were, but with the executor variant changed. See what now works. If necessary, repeat the changes I suggested in the previous post, as it is still unclear what are the correct Device and Subdevice values.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I think we are getting somewhere, but only in the "I haven't really got a clue what I'm doing, just following instructions blindly and probably wrongly" type of way!

I edited the RDF file as mathdon suggested. went into RMIR and deleted my upgrade files.

Now, when I try to create an upgrade file from the learned code I get the message

"There is no Protocol that is compatible with any of the selected signals. Conversion Aborting"

So I tried re-reloading the Sky Master RMDU and that gave this message at the bottom of the page:

"Protocol ID conflicts with a built-in protocol. To use both this and the built-in protocol in device upgrades, this one needs to be given an Alternate PID"

I had no idea what to put in as an Alternate PID so I just ignored the error and loaded it anyway.

The PID for that device 00 20 now has an asterisk next to it, but when uploaded to the remote it works perfectly!!!

I've got no idea if this is a stable situation.

Should I put in an Alternate PID, and if so what? Also I'm a bit concerned about the learned command conversion error.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post a .rmir file of the setup as you now have it, without any further changes such as putting in an Alternate PID. It is clear that you haven't done exactly what I intended, but to tell what was wrong I need to see the result of your changes.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK here it is. Sorry for the trouble and I really appreciate your help.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26366
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try this:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26367

I am not sure what you did differently from me, but I have done what I intended and then edited the settings based on your working file. You need to close RMIR and re-open it to make sure that it reads the RDF in which the protocol id 0020 has been changed to 0020:2, before loading my file. The Sky master file is CBL/0847 and assigned to device button C, as in the file you originally posted.

My file is based on the assumption that the RDF was wrong and that the change to 0020:2 was needed. If the file works, then I will make this change for the next release of RMIR. If it doesn't work then you still have your working version and I can explain what to do about the Alternate PID, but first I would like to know if my version works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: