JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Alkia or Gvirtue ARC-8in1 Remote with 6-Pin connector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schnitzelbrain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Alkia or Gvirtue ARC-8in1 Remote with 6-Pin connector Reply with quote

Does anybody know this model and if it is supported ?
I can't find any mor information but the 6-Pin connector suggests JP-1 connection should be possible. Maybe its a re-brand.

https://www.amazon.de/Alkia-Universal-Fernbedienung-Panasonic-Samsung-Toshiba/dp/B08CGLHJ2K/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Alkia&qid=1624384344&sr=8-3#HLCXComparisonWidget_feature_div

As my first purchase didn't work out maybe this one will.

Schnitzelbrain
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't look like a UEI remote, so my guess is it is not JP1 compatible. Have you found a user manual online anywhere (if so, please post a link), or if you have the remote already, do you have the manual? Look to see what the programming instructions are, does it use 990, 991, type commands to program it? If it does, that usually means it is a UEI remote and has JP1 potential. I suspect that it doesn't, and it isn't.
Schnitzelbrain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
That doesn't look like a UEI remote, so my guess is it is not JP1 compatible. Have you found a user manual online anywhere (if so, please post a link), or if you have the remote already, do you have the manual? Look to see what the programming instructions are, does it use 990, 991, type commands to program it? If it does, that usually means it is a UEI remote and has JP1 potential. I suspect that it doesn't, and it isn't.

No I can't find any manual or additional data.
Regarding the 9xx codes it actually does use them.
On the battery panel, from the pictures on Amazon, there is an example for lock/unlock printed. Also the 6-pin is seen there under the battery panel.
It say hold device+power and the type 995.
Learning mode is device and vol+, to store its device and vol-.

I went for an ULC7955 OFA now. Don't want to risk another unused bar.
The OFA is a brand at least and supports all my devices. Also I found some info here.

Maybe still someone risks some bucks for the mentioned one.

Thx anyways and stay safe
Schnitzelbrain
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it uses 995 for learning, then that is a very good clue that it is a UEI remote. You mentioned it having a 6-pin, I didn't see any pics showing that, so does that mean you already bought the remote and have it in your hands? If so, did you try connecting it and downloading using RMIR?

You say that you have now bought an OFA URC-7955 (I assume ULC was a typo), this one should work with RMIR.
Schnitzelbrain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If it uses 995 for learning, then that is a very good clue that it is a UEI remote. You mentioned it having a 6-pin, I didn't see any pics showing that, so does that mean you already bought the remote and have it in your hands? If so, did you try connecting it and downloading using RMIR?

You say that you have now bought an OFA URC-7955 (I assume ULC was a typo), this one should work with RMIR.

It's 995 for lock/ unlock not learning, if that makes a difference. My writing was a bit messed. The device and vol + key together is for learning.

All what I said was from the pictures of the Amazon link. There is one with a closed and opened batt panel. There you see the codes I mentioned and the 6Pin just below the battery cabinet.

I didn't buy it but instead the URC 7955, you are correct.

I am on mobile but home soon, will download the picture and link it here using imgur.

Schnitzelbrain
Schnitzelbrain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go

https://imgur.com/a/UqeofZp
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: