JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One For All Comfort Line 3 URC 7930

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jono

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject: One For All Comfort Line 3 URC 7930 Reply with quote

Hello,

I’ve got an older One For All Comfort Line 3 URC 7930 (R00) Remote Control. This remote shares the same device signature as its larger siblings (7940 and 7950), with this remote only supporting 3 device types and no learning ability.

I’m wanting to add a Sony BluRay player to the remote (Sony20 remote codes). Am I okay to use the 7940 RDF, or should I request a new RDF?

Many thanks,

Jono
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the remote is a clone of the other 2, I have created a new RDF using an image of the 7930.

Does this remote support macros? If so, I wonder why when they created the 7940 RDF they didn't include a phantom device for the missing device button. If you confirm that it does support macros, I will add the phantoms to the new 7930 RDF.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26338
Jono

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob - I'll get the RDF download and try it.

The remote does support macros. I've got the manual and photos of the circuit board if they are of any use. By default the remote only has pads, but with a bit of drilling and soldering i've got a JP1 header on it.

If you'd like me to get the other information to request a new RDF, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jono
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't need that stuff, but if you think it would help someone else modify their 7930 remote, by all means put something together and load it.

I just modified the new RDF so that it includes spots for dev4 and dev5 (which are really SAT and AMP on the 7950 remote), so you have some extra device modes that you can use in macros, etc.

If you don't know how to use phantom device buttons, let me know and I'll post more info.
Jono

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob - thanks very much for sorting this.

I hadn't heard of phantom device buttons before, but reading your last post, it would allow me to add an extra device (such as an amp) and include the codes for that in an "all devices power on/off" macro - have I understood that correctly?

Thanks again,

Jono
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, you have a 5 device remote in a 3 device shell, so while you can program upgrades or setup codes to the 2 missing device buttons, you don't have physical device buttons that you can press to reach them, but you do have virtual buttons (the dev4 and dev5 buttons), which can be reached using macros.

As the "M" button is your SETUP button, I am assuming that it will also work as a shift key. I don't know if your remote will allow macros on the shifted device buttons, but the first thing I would try is, program a setup code for one of your devices to dev4, then program a macro to shift/TV where the only button in the macro is dev4. Then once you've loaded this back into the remote, try pressing M followed by TV to see if that puts the remote in dev4 mode (ie, it works the device that you programmed to dev4.

If that doesn't work, it might be because the shifted device keys are not programmable, in which case, try another button, like shift/GUIDE perhaps. If that works, you could repeat this for dev5 using shift/MENU. I am just picking GUIDE and MENU because they seem like logical choices to me, but you're free to pick any buttons you like. However, if you chose the numeric buttons, they will likely require you to tap the M button twice to put them in shifted mode, so they might not be the best choice.

Here's the user manual in case anyone needs it:
http://pdfstream.manualsonline.com/6/65dfe245-dd9f-4339-b0e3-75285a5e956f.pdf
Jono

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a further play with the remote this morning and I can confirm that the shifted macros work and I can access the phantom device buttons. I used dev4 and configured it for my satellite box, then created a macro as per your suggestion (shift + TV = dev4) and it worked flawlessly! Very Happy

Thanks for your help with this Rob and the speedy responses!

Jono
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: