JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Onkyo T-4555/Integra TUN-3.7 - Remote ID 2 & Remote ID 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:28 am    Post subject: Onkyo T-4555/Integra TUN-3.7 - Remote ID 2 & Remote ID 3 Reply with quote

I bought the Integra TUN-3.7 version of the Onkyo T-4555 as I liked how it looked Vs. the Onkyo version (it has the blue/white VFD (Vacuum fluorescent display) and round not square buttons Vs the green VFD and round buttons on the Onkyo)

Anyway I did not get a remote (as usual LoL)

I found the Codes at RemoteCentral I made a JP1 file out of that but I need to know how to use ID 2 or ID 3 as the tune up which happens to be the same exact NEC type signal that triggers the mode button on my 10K BTU window rattler (if on cool it goes to fan so I have to wait 3 minutes before the compressor will restart) so not cool literally LoL

I'm not really good at these code type things sorry so if I can get instructions on what to change or maybe someone can male 2 files (or post the codes to put into IrScrutinizer like I did for ID 1) for ID 2 and ID 3

Thank You

PS: I'm Remote_Lover at RemoteCentral.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Onkyo uses a codeset (NEC1 210.37) that we haven't seen before, so I have no idea what they would change to make ID2 or ID3

I have loaded an upgrade file for the codes that you found over at R/C
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26303
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
This Onkyo uses a codeset (NEC1 210.37) that we haven't seen before, so I have no idea what they would change to make ID2 or ID3

I have loaded an upgrade file for the codes that you found over at R/C
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26303

OK Thank You I already made that the file with those but I really need ID 2 or ID 3 as I don't like it messing with my cool LoL!

I also don't know what they change for the different remote ID's

I have an Onkyo TX-NR676 that replaced my failed TX-NR609 that I actually liked better.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@120240VAC60HZ: It may be worthwhile to scan over the subdevice ("S"), i.e. NEC1 210.X for X=0...255. Just a guess. Wink
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

120240VAC60HZ wrote:
OK Thank You I already made that the file with those...

I assumed you had, but you hadn't loaded it to the file section, so I created one that I could load.

As for trying other sub-device codes as Barf suggests, as trying 256 different codes might be a bit daunting, I would suggest that if they used different sub-device codes, they would use values close to the original (37), so I would start by trying codes like 36, 35, 33 and 38, 39, 40
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
120240VAC60HZ wrote:
OK Thank You I already made that the file with those...

I assumed you had, but you hadn't loaded it to the file section, so I created one that I could load.

As for trying other sub-device codes as Barf suggests, as trying 256 different codes might be a bit daunting, I would suggest that if they used different sub-device codes, they would use values close to the original (37), so I would start by trying codes like 36, 35, 33 and 38, 39, 40

I guess I can try this but one caveat it needs a remote to switch the remote ID's but not a problem as I can keep one remote with ID 1 if I can't control it I can do a factory reset but I'll have to re-due my presets but no problem with that.

The codes it interferes were on this upgrade file however mine is Haier model HWR10XC6-T but all of the codes are the same.

I Just need a different ID as it changes the mode on the AC.

Does this use similar codes to Onkyo receivers and/or other products by the Onkyo corporation?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why your NEC1 210.37 upgrade is interfering with your NEC1 152.111 upgrade, maybe if I studying the two patterns I might find something, but it's also possible that the Haier responds to more than one codeset.

I found the user manual for the Onkyo T-4555 here:
https://www.fmtunerinfo.com/T-4555owners.pdf

I found the user manual for the Integra TUN 3.7 here:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/77655/Integra-Tun-3-7.html

and found the service manual here:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1287013/Integra-Tv-Speaker-Base.html#product-TUN-3.7

Both manuals confirm that the unit does have 3 IDs and it shows you how to switch the device to ID2 or ID3, but it doesn't give any code info for id2 or ID3. But if I were you, I'd try 210.38 first.

If all else fails, you can get a replacement OEM remote for $21.49:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324564077211 (Integra)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/224397678433 (Onkyo)
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I have no idea why your NEC1 210.37 upgrade is interfering with your NEC1 152.111 upgrade, maybe if I studying the two patterns I might find something, but it's also possible that the Haier responds to more than one codeset.

I found the user manual for the Onkyo T-4555 here:
https://www.fmtunerinfo.com/T-4555owners.pdf

I found the user manual for the Integra TUN 3.7 here:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/77655/Integra-Tun-3-7.html

and found the service manual here:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1287013/Integra-Tv-Speaker-Base.html#product-TUN-3.7

Both manuals confirm that the unit does have 3 IDs and it shows you how to switch the device to ID2 or ID3, but it doesn't give any code info for id2 or ID3. But if I were you, I'd try 210.38 first.

If all else fails, you can get a replacement OEM remote for $21.49:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324564077211 (Integra)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/224397678433 (Onkyo)

OK I'll try that and post back after I do so but by 210.38 I assume means Device 210 and Sub Device 38 correct?

If all else fails I'll get the remote since I got the actual tuner for an excellent price partially with the HD Radio card which with the Integra version is an option and hard to find!
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

120240VAC60HZ wrote:
OK I'll try that and post back after I do so but by 210.38 I assume means Device 210 and Sub Device 38 correct?

OK I tried that it did not work.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I don't know if this of any use but it does have an RS-232 (Serial or COM) port on the back and I found the code sheet that I think originally came from Onkyo/Integra but is nowhere to be found now

I absolutely hate it when manufactures say "No results found" when you search their website when the product has been discontinued!
They made it (or had it made by someone else to have their name put on it) so why remove any traces it existed?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 210.38 is shorthand for device 210, sub-device 38. When you say you tried it and it didn't work, does that mean you followed the steps in the manual to switch the device to ID2, and then adjusted the original upgrade from 210.37 to 210.38 and tried it?

Do you have any means to contact either Onkyo or Integra customer support? If you can, you could try asking for some sort of code information forID2 and ID3.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Yes, 210.38 is shorthand for device 210, sub-device 38. When you say you tried it and it didn't work, does that mean you followed the steps in the manual to switch the device to ID2, and then adjusted the original upgrade from 210.37 to 210.38 and tried it?

Do you have any means to contact either Onkyo or Integra customer support? If you can, you could try asking for some sort of code information forID2 and ID3.

Yes I used the remote to switch to ID 2 and then changed the upgrade (and uploaded to the remote) and it did not work, the standby LED blinks when it receives a remote signal even if the button does nothing for the mode the tuner is in EX: the enter button will make the LED blink even in normal tuning mode when the key has no affect or is needed in that mode

I can see if I can find contact information to contact them.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you wait for CS to respond, assuming you can find a way to contact them, you could repeat the test using other sub-device codes. I would recommend loading up multiple upgrades at once, so you can quickly switch from one sub-device to the next. Of course, we're just guessing that the sub-device will change and the OBCs will remain the same, but that's all we can do without knowing the true answer.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
While you wait for CS to respond, assuming you can find a way to contact them, you could repeat the test using other sub-device codes. I would recommend loading up multiple upgrades at once, so you can quickly switch from one sub-device to the next. Of course, we're just guessing that the sub-device will change and the OBCs will remain the same, but that's all we can do without knowing the true answer.

Well they were not helpful at all

Quote:
Hello,

The remote codes are no longer on file due to the age of the item you may want to check out remotes.com or replacementremotes.com. They should have a sutable replacement remote.
​ ​
Regards,
Robert
Customer Service Representative

Onkyo (800)229-1687

Pioneer (844)679-5350

Integra (800)225-1946

Me again
Quote:
Why the tuner is not even that old I think it is from 2012 or so?

I have a 22 year Denon receiver that still has the codes available! Yes I know this company has nothing related to Denon but my point is they still have them available.

I found this here but these are for ID 1 do you have any idea what part was changed in the codes for ID 2 or ID 3

Thank You,
from a from a very dissatisfied Onkyo/Integra customer!

Them
Quote:
Hello,​

If you are programing a third party univeral remote you will need contact the manufacture of the remote for the remote codes as we have no control over their codes. We do not proved the remote codes for any remote.

Regards
Robert
Customer Service Representative

Onkyo (800)229-1687

Pioneer (844)679-5350

Integra (800)225-1946

I guess I give up (for now) I spent all of my "extra" $ on the tuner and medical bills so if and when I get some more I will buy the OEM remote if it is still available that is.

I put a piece of tape partially over the AC's IR window I can still control it if I point my remote directly at it so my other one pointed at the tuner has no effect as the AC can't see it.

I just have to figure out why my volume control punch though does not work on cable mode on my Charter remote.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I put a piece of tape partially over the AC's IR window I can still control it if I point my remote directly at it

Have you tried polarized foil; one orientation on each receiver?

Considered buying a remote ("RC-671T"), possibly used, capture it, and then sell it again at eBay (or try to return it to the seller)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: