JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help setting up URC-8910 remote for Sony Bravia x950H

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kasm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Help setting up URC-8910 remote for Sony Bravia x950H Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a URC-8910B002 I have been using for a while and just upgraded my TV to a Sony x950H. There aren't many recent Sony Device Upgrades. The one that has the majority of functions I need is the Sony Bravia KD-X8505C.

My Sony remote model is RMF-TX500U. The Device upgrade is missing the following buttons: Help, ., Apps, Google Play, Guide, Google Voice, TV, Audio, Subtitle. None of these are a must-have, but it would be nice to have the Guide.

I uploaded the device upgrade to my remote and it seems to be working well. I used the remote to find EFC and found 145 EFC activates the guide. Great. In the past, I just needed to modify the Device Upgrade in RMIR by adding a new function with a name "Guide" and EFC "145". Unfortunately when I do that with this upgrade, it does not work.

I noticed that most of the EFCs in the functions tab of the device upgrade in RMIR are shared with others and not unique. I'm sure this has something to do with it. Can someone explain why this device upgrade is different and why my method does not work?

Any suggestions on how I can move forward from here? If there is a better Device Upgrade file that exists let me know.

Thanks.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can see, the Sony Combo protocol is complex, and the 3 digit EFC is simply not enough information to define a command fully.

In any case, I found most of the commands you're looking for from another source. Enter the values below (just Protocol, Device and OBC is enough). "Google Voice" won't work on a universal remote because the mic and functionality is in the original remote, something a universal can't replicate.

Code:
Name        EFC Protocol Dev  Sub OBC
Apps        184 Sony15    26 none 122
Subtitle    074 Sony15   164 none  16
TV          161 Sony12     1 none  78
Audio       077 Sony12     1 none  23
.           199 Sony15   151 none  29
Google Play 025 Sony15   196 none  70
Help        151 Sony15   196 none  77
Guide       145 Sony12     1 none  14

There were lots of TV and Subtitle codes, so I just picked one.

My hat is off to anyone who can keep a remote going for 20+ years.
kasm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Thanks so much! I will try this out.

Would you mind sharing your process for getting these codes? Also Google voice may still work as there is a microphone built into the TV as well.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created an account at Global Cache, logged in and picked Sony TV from their database. They emailed me all the pronto hex. I then searched for your commands in the file they gave me, then pasted into RMIR on the Learning tab. It decoded the pronto hex into EFC, Protocol, Device and Subdevice which I could then enter into your RM upgrade file.

Voice is still a no-go because it's not in the codes I got from GC.

Note: Codes from GC contain several formats, so you have to look for where the 4 digit numbers start and end. That's the pronto hex.

This conversion can also be done using IRScrutinizer, but I didn't bother for this small list of codes.
kasm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fantastic. I really appreciate your help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
My hat is off to anyone who can keep a remote going for 20+ years.

Just for good measure, here's my 90's era Radio Shack 15-1994 remote still in daily use, on today's paper showing today's date.

kasm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, I have shared my Device upgrade here in the Files Section.

This should work with the x950H as well as similar Sony Bravia Android TVs such as the x950G, x900H, x900G, x850G, X800H, and x750H.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: