JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1.2/3 Interface not working with RMIR 2.12.8
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraid not, both Graham and myself just plodded through the data looking for anything that didn't look right, before I found the bad keymove, I had tried deleting the learned signal, deleting all the upgrades, deleting all the macros, then deleting all the keymoves. It was only deleting the keymoves that made a good file, so I started over and only deleted the keymoves and that also worked, so that helped narrow it down. Then I spotted the keymove with a blank hex code, which I knew couldn't be right, so I just deleted that one and bingo, the file opened in RMIR, but then I hit the next road block which was that RMIR crashed trying to save it as an RMIR file, so I tried saving it as an IR file and that worked, and then when I opened the new IR file in RMIR, it also worked, and I called it successful.

But please, go ahead and post the other IR file, let's see who figures it out first.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to what Rob has said, I used development tools to discover what was causing the error that your rmaster.err file was showing. That gave me the keymove with blank hex straight away, but then there was the second error that Rob mentioned, that it still would not save as a .rmir file. That was more difficult to trace and remove. I think Rob and I would agree that fixing bad setups like yours is best left to the experts. We are happy to do it for you.

I am curious, however, as to how the remotes got into their present state. There was a LOT of left-over junk data in the setup you posted, some of which was causing the second error. Did it once have an extender installed? That might explain what we found.
cloneman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Post edited March 4 by cloneman)
Since (a) RMIR is working as it should and (b) I'm doing a "9-8-1" resets both remotes before I build new images, I've decided to put this thread to bed. Thanks to all for your assistance. - cloneman

-btw - (re: mathdon's question) I don't have a short/concise explanation for the messy setup on the remote. One possibility though is that prior to building my first JP1 (parallel) cable I used a lot of "advanced codes", (from hifi-remote.com) learning and keymoves to program my old RS 15-1994. Sometimes, I must confess, I revert to the "old ways" of doing things. And no, I can't put any of the blame on an extender.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: