JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Victrola 8-in-1 Turntable w/remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject: Victrola 8-in-1 Turntable w/remote Reply with quote

Quote:
This is probably because I have this thread in my browser history, but when I went on Facebook just now, I got this as an advertizement.

From my experience it is not so much the history as it is Cookies
Depending on the browser you can go into cookies settings and delete certain ones.
or use a cookie manager
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying the other setup codes I found:

tv 1762 8 key has the 5 track
Cable 3670 5 key has the 8 track mapped to it

So we are missing 0, 1,7, and 9 still
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For "5" try EFC 249 (OBC 25)
For "8" try EFC 018 (OBC 255)

Ed, I have to imagine that it's more work for you to try all the buttons from random setup codes, rather than just trying the list of EFCs that are so far unaccounted for. It's certainly more work for me to dig up the codes for these obscure setup codes.

And if you're worried about having an adverse effect on the player, trying random EFCs is no more or less dangerous that trying random setup codes.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So 018 didn't work for 8, so I started punching in random efc next to 5 that did work with 249 and came up with:

00243 1
00240 2
00250 3
00237 4
00249 5
00251 6
00241 7
00120 8
00236 9

A zero hasn't shown up yet.

00223 made audio go lower
00239 made the audio go louder

Last edited by MaskedMan on Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed, I've added them to the upgrade and to the code list earlier in this thread. As for the "0" button, my guess is you would need to program the "1" code to a button, and then try entering a code after pressing the "1" button, in other words, attempting to enter track 10. There's no such thing as track 0, so just sending the zero button on its own would likely not have any effect.

Unfortunately, the OBCs are all over the place, so I can't make an educated guess as to which code is likely the zero code. Having said that, all these new codes still fall into the 3 ranges that I mentioned earlier: 5-28, 144-163, 213-221, so if I was to prioritize certain OBCs, they would be these:

Btw, do those 2 audio +/- codes that you posted work the same as the volume buttons? And if there's a difference, what is it?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The audio levels aren't repeating commands like volume up and down. They just make the audio either bit lower or bit higher.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I bought the following remote on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Innovative-Technology-ITVS-760-BRC-Remote-Control-NEW/303892964758?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

It has the Record, Finalize, Erase, and up & down level keys, which none will work on mine but I can still search for efc's by teaching the commands to av selector and wait for efc to trip the input on the selector, you can add to the file for future reference. Before that one show up the only other model like that was $40 used. Thats brand new includes the cords and instruction booklet.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't understand what you were doing with the input selector originally but now I get it, kind of ingenious. But come on Ed, what can I do to convince you to do JP1 properly, you've been tinkering with remotes for as long as I have, so you know you want to, lol.

This little beauty is under $18 shipped and it comes with a USB cable that serves as a JP1 cable, and it has learning.
https://www.amazon.com/One-All-OARUSB04G-Universal-Programming/dp/B00HNIHM5S/

Oh, and don't forget you still owe me the "0" code.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
So I bought the following remote on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Innovative-Technology-ITVS-760-BRC-Remote-Control-NEW/303892964758?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

It has the Record, Finalize, Erase, and up & down level keys, which none will work on mine but I can still search for efc's by teaching the commands to av selector and wait for efc to trip the input on the selector, you can add to the file for future reference. Before that one show up the only other model like that was $40 used. Thats brand new includes the cords and instruction booklet.

That was a waste of money, my remote and this new remote the key placemant they have in common, hold the exact IR commands even through whats written on the button is different. Of the keys that aren't on my remote which are eight of them, six of them don't do a thing, one has the track 8 on it, the other is a stand alone USB input command, my cd/usb is toggle.

The newer commands I wanted the IR code for even though I knew it wouldn't work with on mine, like Finalize is phono on mine, Record is Folder up, Erase is Radio and so on. This reminds my of the Apex dvd players, every new model scrambled up the commands, so POWER on one is PLAY on the other model of Apex.

So I could sell the remote or keep it if I buy ITVS-750 stereo.

As for the Zero, as you said it probably won't have reaction on my stereo unless its paired with a 1 or 2. That means I would have to map each command to a key, an test it by pressing 1 and then the efc. Mapping 256 commands!! I don't see me doing that. Sad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would only need to map the "1" code to a key, unless your Victrola has a very short listening time. Let's say you mapped the "1" code to PLAY, here's how you would test the EFCs:

PLAY, SETUP, 000
PLAY, SETUP, 001
PLAY, SETUP, 002
etc

And you'd only need to test the EFCs that haven't already been assigned to functions.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its more like PLAY MAGIC 00001, PLAY MAGIC 00002, that got tiring.

So using two remotes, one with 1 track mapped, the other trying those Setup codes you posted on the first page, then just pressing the 1 on first remote and testing whats preset to each key.

TV 1762 on the MENU key was the Zero command. So if you please come up with efc for that key? Smile

I also found sleep timer command that puts up 90, if enter it again it goes to 60, 30, 15, and then OFF. That was efc 00220.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best as I can tell, MENU under TV/1762 is 00119 (OBC 18)
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked great. Thanks Rob. Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that's it, right? We found everything? Are you going to use all those EFCs to program a remote to work this unit?

And are you even tempted to buy that $18 OARUSB04G remote and finally gain entry into the real JP1 world?

I split the getting started with JP1 conversation here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=102731
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: