JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Victrola 8-in-1 Turntable w/remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I moved I gave my Beatles cd to my Niece, left the rest in CA with my Brother. I had all the songs in my computer.

So using av selector I came up with:

00052 Previous Track
00118 Program
00244 Shuffle

I'll teach the Folder up and down search again in a little while.

My stereo is in all Black. They made an older version of this that had built-in Cd recorder, so the remote had Record and Finalize on it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any blank CD-R discs? If so, you could burn yourself a disc with as many tracks as you can fit on it, for testing purposes.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last two are:

00057 Folder Up
00102 Folder Down

I do have blank cd's, but large desktop which is in closet, disk drive has stopped working since it was upgraded to Windows 10. Its Blue ray player combination cd burner. My computer I use now mini Dell 9020. Its the size of vhs cassette, no disk drive. The Victrola has usb out if it was next to the computer it supposedly can be drive. It came with software disk. I'll pull the desktop out and see if the cd is working sometime tomorrow.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you burn a CD on the Victrola itself?

Anyway, thanks for all the codes Ed, I have added them all to the upgrade.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the one I have. The first models had a true cd burner on board. Later it was just cd player but still had record button to record to usb, they shipped with usb victrola thumb drive. So it could still be done in the stereo itself. No longer, mine you have link it to a computer to do any recording at all. Didn't know about the other versions until after I purchased mine. Sad I got mine for $95 plus $20 shipping. Most are going for close to $200.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a turntable once that could record from vinyl to SD card, in order to rip some of my vinyl LPs, but the sound quality wasn't great. So I ended up buying an M-Audio 192/6 audio interface and captured them direct to my computer, which turned out great. We have a ton of live tapes of my wife's old 80s band, Get Smart!, which I also captured to the computer using it.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AIR192x6--m-audio-air-192x6-usb-audio-interface

Are you happy with the Vitrola, does it have good sound quality? Do the track numbers also work with music on a USB stick?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I own one LP which arrived the day before the stereo, CCR Chronicle. I'll buy more in the future. I'm mostly listening to songs I have micro-sd card attached to usb on the stereo. It has about 500 songs on it. I wanted to hear music when i'm on the computer, before the I got the stereo, it was either listen to the songs or be on the computer I couldn't do both. Because they both used the roku tv.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the track number codes that you found when you have music playing from a USB stick? If they work, you could use the USB to see if there are any other track number codes available. If there are codes for 2,3 and 4, I suspect there are codes for all 10 digits and maybe even a 10+ code for 2-digit track numbers.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried just now and the number keys work on the usb, press 2 gets you track 2, press twice gets you 22 track, three gets you 222 track. I went through all the obc in order and didn't see any other numbers. But I pulled out an old 8820, not sure if its b00 or N. Since the battery door has 6131NW on it. But its 8 device remote, and there are cd player codes unlike the true 6131nw. Anyways it didn't take any of the audio codes on your list, so I used tv 0864. Preset to the previous ch key is a 6 that victrola responds to like the 2,3,and 4. Except I get an err on screen when I try to do 666 since usb doesn't have 666 songs.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to assume if 2,3,4 are there the others are there too, it's just a question of finding them, but it's odd that they're acting so elusive.

So the PREV_CH button is 6? That appears to be EFC 251 (OBC 27). Can you try the code to see if that's right?

As for your URC-8820, if you're curious as to which version it is, you can use the 983 Signature Blink back command to get the signature.

25370 = URC-8820BC1.2
25360 = URC-8820BC1
1178 = URC-8820N
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signature blink back comes up with 10631. My OFA logo has red in it, where the 8820N was all black. This was a remote I sent my niece along time ago now i'm living with her, I find in the box and scooped up.

Yes efc 00251 is the #6 command.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok, 10631 is the original URC-8820 (no N).

Have you been writing in the function names on the worksheets so you know which OBC works which function? It might be time to go back through the list, with a USB stick in the player, to test the unused OBCs to find the rest of the numbers. This device is using the full range of OBCs, with the range being 5-221 so far, but they do seem to be falling into groups, like 5-28, 86, 144-163, 213-221.

As a reminder, this is what we have so far:

OBC- EFC- Function
005 - 184 - next track2
009 - 057 - folder dn
012 - 052 - prev track
013 - 056 - aux
018 - 119 - 0 track
021 - 120 - 8 track
022 - 118 - program
023 - 122 - stop
024 - 245 - intro
025 - 249 - 5 track
026 - 247 - bluetooth
027 - 251 - 6 track
028 - 244 - shuffle
086 - 102 - folder up
144 - 125 - phono
145 - 129 - cd/usb
146 - 127 - vol+
147 - 131 - vol-
148 - 124 - tape
149 - 128 - radio
152 - 253 - next track
153 - 001 - play
156 - 252 - open/close
159 - 002 - 3 track
160 - 221 - 4 track
162 - 223 - audio-
163 - 227 - mute
164 - 220 - sleep
213 - 112 - repeat
217 - 241 - 7 track
218 - 239 - audio+
219 - 243 - 1 track
220 - 236 - 9 track
221 - 240 - 2 track

Last edited by The Robman on Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:07 am; edited 3 times in total
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble with stereo suddenly shutting down, its happened with cd, usb, and the fm radio. Its also takes two more tries when powering it up for it still on. I don't know if this is because one of efcs did something to it. So scared to try punching in stay commands. Those last ones I find weren't found be testing stay efc's on the stereo, I taught known commands to my av selector, started with 00000 efc and stopped when the selector responded to efc. That's the only way I was going to find Folder up or down, without having a usb with folders it doesn't react.

A few times the audio would go low and then another would make it go louder, it wasn't volume commands, and I didn't write down the codes. The earlier versions of this stereo with CD recorder built in also had audio levels up & down keys, even though this stereo doesn't have the recorder I think it still responds to level commands.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably because I have this thread in my browser history, but when I went on Facebook just now, I got this as an advertizement.

https://victrola.com/collections/record-player
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Victrola 8-in-1 Turntable w/remote Reply with quote

Quote:
This is probably because I have this thread in my browser history, but when I went on Facebook just now, I got this as an advertizement.

From my experience it is not so much the history as it is Cookies
Depending on the browser you can go into cookies settings and delete certain ones.
or use a cookie manager

Quote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: