JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RDF needed for possible new URC 2056-ISX version
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDE12

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 972 command turns the backlight on and off for both versions of the remote.

The 974 command might do something. Entering 974 results in 2 blinks from the active mode button and then pressing a button results in a long blink of the active mode button and exit from setup.

Also, an additional discovery, when in STB mode, the OK button turns of the backlight for 5 seconds and then it comes back on. So if a button has been pressed and followed by OK, the backlight goes off for 5 seconds and comes back on for 5 seconds. If the OK button is pressed first, (from resting state) the back light comes on 5 seconds after OK is pressed.

Maybe someone has some further info on the 974 command and odd behavior of the OK button.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject: RDF needed for possible new URC 2056-ISX version Reply with quote

i recently purchased a titan v1 and found out that perhaps the RDF may need tweaking
RMIR has no effect on the multi macro buttons.
I made macro using 995 and it shows up in RMIR but if i delete and up load remote then re download it is still there.
If i make the macro in RMIR and upload it does not work and re download shows macro not there. I only found this on the multi macro bottons other buttons worked for macro

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26491
DDE12

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: RDF needed for possible new URC 2056-ISX version Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
RMIR has no effect on the multi macro buttons.

Try a 981 reset. I think I had the same problem with the Power macro and I think this solved it. I had some other glitches that seemed to be resolved by 981 also. I think there is cable company programming that interferes with RMIR programming.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject: RDF needed for possible new URC 2056-ISX version Reply with quote

I'll try 981 again it did not help before but i think the RDF is missing the segmant 02 for MultiMacro and will wait for the experts to chime in
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we create an RDF for a remote that we do not have, we rely on testing by users for the features that need to be supported. So I suggest you try adding 02 into the segment list in the RDF and see if that solves the problem. The order of the segments does not matter, it affects only the order in which they are loaded into the remote, so add it at the end or after the 01 segment or anywhere else, it does not matter.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject: RDF needed for possible new URC 2056-ISX version Reply with quote

Yes I was just in the process of doing that
and i can report that adding 02 into the segment list
solved the multimacro problem and they are working now.

Also my colored A,B,C,D buttons were also locked to cable
and so far i have solved it and have some more info on GPT
I will report back my findings after more experimentation.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:45 pm    Post subject: RDF needed for possible new URC 2056-ISX version Reply with quote

Well i guess will post some results.
By having STB/Cable GPT as the last punch through it keeps the A,B,C,D Page and Day unlocked from STB
i moved it once higher in the list and then everything went to STB.
These buttons will work for there respective devices independent of STB.
I could not get them to punch through to other devices though
If your device does not have a function assigned to it such as nothing on the "A" button
then that button will send the STB signal
For GPT to work for me I had to have STB/CABLE in the destination devices box otherwise the button responded with its own device code

I hope that this idea will work for the other version of this remote
and maybe studying my RMIR will help

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26492
DDE12

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not had a problem with my macros setup but I didn't have any assigned to Home and Delete (actually F1 and F2 on my remote). When trying to assign any sort of macro to Home and Delete like HamburgerHelper1 did, I got the same results. Macros can be assigned to those buttons if shifted. Personally, I don't need the macro function of Home (F1) and Delete (F2), so I probably won't add the segment. Definitely a nice discovery by HamburgerHelper1.

The 981 reset gave me RMIR control of my ABCD buttons (among others) on Version 1 but not Version 2 of the remote (discussed earlier in this thread).

Last edited by DDE12 on Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:15 pm    Post subject: RDF needed for possible new URC 2056-ISX version Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't need the macro function of Home (F1) and Delete (F2), so I probably won't add the segment

It's not so much of If its a function you can use as it is a matter of Making the RDF as complete as possible.
These fixes will then be added to the next version of RMIR so that the next person needing it won't have to stumble searching for an answer.
Please see if your version of this remote supports MultiMacro so that it can be properly documented and the changes added to the RDF
DDE12

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed that by adding Segment 02 allows RMIR to program macros on F1 and F2 (Home and Delete) on Version 1 of the remote.
In HamburgerHelper1's rmir http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26492 only the first entry in the Global Punchthru works on my remote. This is consistent with the warning that pops up about adding subsequent entries in GPT.
After 981 reset, if Page +/-, ABCD have assignments under TV mode (and GPT is blank), they will send TV commands. If they are not assigned, they will send STB commands.
For those who might not have discovered it, and would like more control of GPT-like behavior, External Functions in RMDU can be used.

For Version 2 of the Titan, adding Segment 02 does not allow for macros on the Home and Delete buttons. On one of my Titan version 2's, the Home and Delete buttons are labeled as such, and on the other, the Home button has a keyboard symbol. There are no "F" labeled buttons (F1, F2...) on my Titan V2's. Macros assigned to other buttons, as well as shifted Home/keyboard and Delete work as desired. I have not tested every button, so there might be other exceptions.
There is a lot of discussion previously in this thread of STB mode "hijacking" the Page+/-, ABCD commands from TV mode if a TV type device is assigned to the TV mode button. The work-around is to make an upgrade with a device type other than TV to assign to the TV mode. In my situation, I changed my Vizio TV upgrade from a TV to Video Acc and assigned that upgrade to the TV mode. This prevented STB from hijacking those buttons.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:54 pm    Post subject: RDF needed for possible new URC 2056-ISX version Reply with quote

Can add DSM to 311902 (Titan URC-2056-I).rdf Tested and working

[SpecialProtocols]
DSM=Internal:0
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unclear what conclusions have been reached about changes needed to RDFs. So far I have added segment type $02 and the [SpecialProtocols] entry for DSM to 311902 (Titan URC-2056-I).rdf for the next build of RMIR. If anything else has been agreed, please post it explicitly here.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject: RDF needed for possible new URC 2056-ISX version Reply with quote

I have not found much new to report. But we do have extra buttons 40 and 41 on the Titan URC-2056-I that i suspect might be similar to the URC-3660 in that they may be FFskip
RewBack but since these buttons are only in button map 0 they are probably for a cable DVR. I have not gotten them to work on anything else though.
Unless someone else has something to report the Titan URC-2056-I RDF will have to stand as complete as it is, for right now
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: