JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RDF needed for possible new URC 2056-ISX version
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDE12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject: RDF needed for possible new URC 2056-ISX version Reply with quote

I recently purchased a new Titan URC 2056-ISX. I got the message "No RDF matching signature starting 3599" when trying to download from the remote. I have another 2056-ISX that works with RMIR and I did not want to upload anyting to the new remote unless you think it is safe. The RAW from this new remote is here. If needed, I can post a RAW with marcros of all the buttons. This remote has the same layout as the one in RMIR, so no picture included.
Setup Codes
AUX: 20060
DVD: 20503
AUD: 30320
TV: 10047
STB: 02586
Thank you in advance for taking a look at this.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a starter RDF, which is basically a clone of the old RDF with a few minor tweaks. I'll send you a PM with details of some additional info that I need to complete it properly.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26218
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the additional info, I have updated the RDF with the new info. There's one part in the RDF that I'm not positive about, that you can help with.

Open the RDF with a text editor and look for the following section:

[Checksums]
*$0000:$0002..$13FF/4

When you try to upload into the remote, if it doesn't work, try changing that to this:

[Checksums]
*$0000:$0002..$13FF/2
DDE12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the second checksum is correct.
*$0000:$0002..$13FF/2
The first one went through the motions of uploading but did not actually upload the rmir file. I changed the checksum, it uploaded and things seem to be working. I will test with regular use over the next days and report any issues. I created a new rmir for this new remote but would I be able to upload the one from my "older" URC-2056 or are they basically two different remotes that just look the same? Let me know if there is anything else I can provide at this point.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buffers are different sizes, and the button maps are different, so you should build a new RMIR file for it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had a chance to play with the new RDF further, and if so, does everything look good? I'm looking for you to create some upgrades and confirm that all the functions ended up on the right buttons, then try all the other functionality and confirm that they work, things like keymoves, macros, learned signals, etc.
DDE12

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using it for about a week now and have not had any issues. I do not have an antenna or cable box, so I have not tested the number buttons. Thanks a lot for sorting this out.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for confirming.
DDE12

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently changed my setup a little where I am now using a streaming device on the STB and the smart TV function on the TV device button. When TV device button is selected, the playback buttons and the directional buttons cause the STB button to flash and do not send a signal to the tv. On the "older" version of the 2056-ISX the directional buttons work under TV device button but the playback buttons cause the STB button to flash and do not send a signal to the tv. I don't know if there is something I need to tweak in RMIR or if this is RDF thing or... Please let me know your thoughts and further info I can provide to help troubleshoot. Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RMIR, go to the General tab and notice the 3 VPT (volume punch through) columns, use these to control what the volume, transport and channel buttons do. (Transport means play, pause, stop, etc).
DDE12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had time to tinker with these recently and the 2056-v.1 TV device mode will send TV remote signals for all buttons except Replay, List, Live, playback control buttons, and LAST. Pressing those buttons causes the STB device button to flash. For v.2 pressing any of the buttons on the top half of the remote (playback control, directional, ABCD,...), LAST, and FAV causes the STB button to flash.

Changing the Transport PunchThrough for TV in RMIR to 'TV' and 'none' does not have an effect on the behavior for either version of the remote.

I'm guessing there's something built into the remote to dummy-proof the TV mode button for cable subscribers. Is there a way to un-do this "lock"? What further info can I provide to help investigate?
DDE12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I factory reset both versions. For v.1, I used the typical 981 setup procedure. For v.2, I had to remove a battery, press and hold any button to discharge the remote, put battery back in, pressed and held 2 and 8 simultaneously (has to be done within 6 seconds of battery insertion) until LED blinks twice, entered 981. Remote blinks 4 times when reset to factory.

On v.1, factory reset allowed all buttons in TV mode to use the programmed TV signals. But the factory reset on v.2 continued to send STB signals under TV mode for ABCD and no signals sent for Day and Page +/-. Any thoughts on how to get these remaining buttons to send TV mode signals would be much appreciated.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is common for cable remotes to "lock" the cable device setup code. One can unlock the remote by using the 982 command and allow changing the setup code. Perhaps with the version 2 remote the punch through characteristics are also unlocked with 982? See the Wiki for instructions on manual programming.
If that does work, we'll want to see a download of the remote to see what was changed in the memory.
DDE12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the 982 command and that did not "release" those buttons to the TV mode (actually entered the command twice, because it locked it the first time). What specifically would you like "downloaded" from the remote to take a look at- my current RMIR setup, Factory RMIR from 981...?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was hoping that the 982 command would unlock it, in which case we would have liked to see a "raw download" because then we could look to see what changed and incorporate it into RMIR. Have you tried a 981 style reset to see what that does? It will wipe out all of your programming but you can restore it by reloading a previously saved rmir file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: