JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

air condition klima remote for urc 6440

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lolman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject: air condition klima remote for urc 6440 Reply with quote

is it possible to use air condition remote control for urc 6440 ?
i have air condition remote. İ copied buttons klima to 6440 .but its doesnt work right.
example i copied power on/off . When i click power off its close klima but after next clik its doesnt open . its only copied off.
Another example, my klima on 26 degree and i copy button for up degree but its only copy for 27 degree . its not going to up when i clik. its everythime set 27.

can i do something with RMIR tool ot another things?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your A/C remote probably has a screen that displays all of the current settings, like fan speed, temp, etc, am I right? It doesn't have a 2-way communication with the device, so how does it do that? The answer is, it sends all the settings every time it sends a signal, so when you hit the TEMP UP button, for example, you're not really sending a TEMP UP signal, the remote adds 1 to the current temp and then sends everything to the unit. You can prove this to yourself by setting the temp to , let's say, 27 using the remote, then raise it to 30 manually on the unit, then hit TEMP UP on the remote and it will set it to 28 (not 31).

So, where does that leave you? If you want to dive into your A/C signal, I will help you, but be aware that when we're done, you won't have a TEMP UP button, you will have a 27 degrees, fan speed medium, breeze normal, etc button.

Here's a thread listing all the complex A/C decodes that we've done so far.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14141
lolman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you are right . i will look that link thank you
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your 6440 remote is able to learn the signals from the Klima remote, even if they don't do exactly what you were expecting, we can probably create an upgrade to replicate the signals, with the limitations that I explained earlier. Heck, who knows, the signals might even match one of the ones that we have captured earlier.

If it is a new signal, I would need you to do a lot of learning for this. Basically, you would need to set everything to a baseline setting, then capture the TEMP UP button once for each temp setting, then repeat the process for every button, cycling through each possible setting. I would then inspect the signals to see what changed. If you're into this sort of thing it can be fun, but it will take some time. I've done this for most of the previous A/C signals that we've captured, so I know.
lolman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Can i ask something more . im very new about jp1 modding and my english not very good. exactly what is it doing extender 1.4 for 6440.
i readed pdf fie but dont understand much. if i update URC-6440Extender104.hex file then my macros can be more fast or what ? i backup orjinal setting.bin
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's keep this thread on topic for the A/C, there is a separate forum for askin questions about extenders. I would advise getting yourself more familiar with JP1 before jumping into extenders, but the short answer is, extenders allow your remote to do more things than they could do before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: