JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Proven way to attach battery cover after clip breaks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
landolfi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject: Proven way to attach battery cover after clip breaks? Reply with quote

I have 4 Xsight Touch ARRX18Gs that have all had the clip on the battery cover break. I have been able to continue using them by putting double stick tape behind the battery, and on a few I've folded a piece of masking tape in half with sticky side out to hold the door in place, but just wondered if anyone else has had a better idea. These seem quite sensitive to any slight deformity in the outer housing so anything that goes under the door has to be quite thin.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good question and I'll be curious to see what folks have come up with. The clip on mine is also broken.
chileboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used transparent ("Scotch") double-sided tape on top of the rechargeable battery that allows the cover to remain essentially flush. And in theory, you never need to remove the cover again unless the battery fails. So it's pretty ideal actually.

Double-sided Transparent Tape
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: