JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight Touch connection problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tajvdz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject: Xsight Touch connection problem Reply with quote

I have problems connecting my remote to the PC. At first I wasn't ablt to put the USB connector to the remote. That seems to work now. But When I chose upload or download from remote I get an error that there is no remote found. wasn't there a setting for this? I get the message on the remote that it is charging so USB connection to pc seems to be ok...
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RMIR, go to Remote - Interface in the menu and select CommHID.

Charging is not proof of a data connection. If you're not using the cable that came with the remote, try the original or switch to a different cable.

Lastly, if you get any other prompts, follow those instructions to fix the registry settings.
tajvdz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the cable that came with the remote. same cable that I Always used. I don't know but a while ago I lost the cap that protects the usb connector on the remote. Since then I haven't used it with the cable connected.

I tried the interface option but without result. I had it on auto-detect before and that worked.

I will try the registry setting. I had to do that before but don't know how it got changed. I first have to look again what to do there
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The registry setting changes every time Windows updates or when you plug into a different USB port.

The Auto option is usually a safe bet, but it's not 100% reliable and can even cause RMIR to crash.
tajvdz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I'm not able to find the instructions for the registrty setting so please help me where it is.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest version of RMIR should prompt you when you attempt a download and display the instructions and apply the settings automatically. If you must do it manually, here's how:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/Enhanced_Power_Management
tajvdz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the setting was indeed wrong. I changed it from 1 to 0 but it still doesn]'t work.
Strange is that I use an older version 2.09. I checked for updates but nothing. I don't know what to do anymore. This is all very confusing.

how can I check if the data connection is working?
tajvdz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: connection problem Reply with quote

i have problems connecting my remote to the PC. At first I wasn't ablt to put the USB connector to the remote. That seems to work now. But When I chose upload or download from remote I get an error that there is no remote found. I get the message on the remote that it is charging so USB connection to pc seems to be ok. The registry key was wrong at first but I changed it from 1 to 0. It still doesn't work. Hiow can I solve this?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you change the setting, you have to unplug and plug back in for the setting to take effect.

When you check for updates, what happens exactly? Regardless, grab the latest and unzip into the same folder, overwriting all the old files. Of course, shut down the program first.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/controlremote/files/RemoteMaster/v2.12.1/

EDIT: I just tried the version check, and see that it doesn't work. Sorry about that. I'll report it to the author.
tajvdz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not able to download. I get download will start shirtly but nothing happens..
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has changed since it last worked?

Next thing I'd try is pulling the battery, put it back, and do a full charge.

It's possible your cable is bad too.

But that's pretty strange behavior from RMIR. I've never seen it get stuck like that.
tajvdz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you misunderstand. Downloading the new RMIR gives problems.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's normal for it to say "your download will start shortly" during the whole download. Check your download folder to see if it's there and check for any prompts or pop-ups if you need to try again.

By the way, the check for updates is indeed broken in your version but fixed in later ones.
tajvdz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the circle that counts from 5 to 0 didn't work. i downloaded it at another computer now. I don't have time to install now and i will do that later after work. But after installing it, how can I check if the data connection works? Maybe the connector in the remote gives a problem because I couldt put the cable in at first? I was very carefull and didn't break anything...
Like I said it is charging but I know that uses different pins
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:46 am    Post subject: Xsight Touch connection problem Reply with quote

From my experience when the circle that counts from 5 to 0 doesn't work
it is because I have Java disabled in my browser.
Do you have any app that is blocking Java ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: