JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Function name incomplete in button hover box
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberSimian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
So it appears that we have found the culprit. As Graham wrote, there is no way we can fix it.

Sad
But thanks to both of you for taking the time to look at this problem.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
CyberSimian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberSimian wrote:
I have just added some notes to the device upgrade, and when I looked at the RMDU file after saving it, I noticed that the "Notes=" line occurs twice

This probably got missed in the discussion about hover text. It seems benign, but it looks wrong when viewing the RMDU file with a text editor.

I started using the new RM 2.12.1 this morning, and it is still duplicating the "Notes=" line. Sad

mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is benign and got missed. Sorry.

On the hover text, I said in an earlier post that I was unable to reproduce your problem on my laptop with everything set the same as yours, including look and feel "Windows", the only difference being the Windows 10 version. Yours is 1607, mine is 2004. Is there any reason you are using such an old Win 10 version? In fact, I thought that it was not possible to turn off automatic upgrades so am really surprised that yours is so old. Mine recently updated (I had no choice in the matter Wink ) to 2004 from, I think, 1964 as support for 1964 is ending, so 1607 seems very strange. I did not think that the Win 10 version could have anything to do with your problem, but perhaps it has?

Edit: I have now fixed the duplication of notes for the next release.
CyberSimian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Is there any reason you are using such an old Win 10 version?

I prefer to live at the trailing edge of technology, rather than at the leading edge ("bleeding edge"). So I have always run my Windows systems with automatic updates turned off. I prefer to create a system image before installing updates at a time of my choosing. Windows 10 updates seem to have been much buggier than earlier versions of Windows, so I feel vindicated in my practice.

mathdon wrote:
In fact, I thought that it was not possible to turn off automatic upgrades so am really surprised that yours is so old.

The setting which I think may have controlled this is the "I am using a metered internet connection" setting. If this setting is enabled, it is supposed to delay Windows updates, although maybe not indefinitely. However, I am not sure whether this setting still exists in more-recent versions of Windows 10 (Microsoft may have removed it because it was too popular).

mathdon wrote:
I did not think that the Win 10 version could have anything to do with your problem, but perhaps it has?

Yes, you might be right. But the results of the "look and feel" tests perhaps indicate otherwise. Even using my outlandishly-large text scaling, three of the five styles display correctly. It is only the "Windows" and "Windows Classic" styles that display incorrectly. But ultimately, all styles must use basic Windows functions to build the panel. So that suggests the problem arises in Java's definition of the style, rather than in the basic Windows functions.

This morning I found another bug in the display -- for two of the styles, the highlighting of the tab name is incorrect when moving to the "Layout" tab from an adjacent tab (the previous tab name remains highlighted, and "Layout" is not hightlighted). But the two styles that exhibit this error are not identical to the ones that exhibit the hover-text error. (I should have written this down, as I have already forgotten which styles show this error.)

mathdon wrote:
I have now fixed the duplication of notes for the next release.

Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: