JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Going from ARRX15G to Nevo C2 / C3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chileboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject: Going from ARRX15G to Nevo C2 / C3 Reply with quote

After both of my ARRX15Gs went on the fritz, I obtained a few Nevo C2s and C3s.

I originally opened my last saved .rmir and tried to upload it to the C2, but it gave me a warning about mismatched signatures and that the remote could be damaged. So then I realized I probably needed to download first from the C2 in order to prompt for a firmware update. Which of course it did, and after making the registry change, all went well.

But how do I now move my ARRX15G config to the C2? Can I just upload my latest .rmir, or will that not work because it's a different remote?

Obviously when I open the file, it says ARRX15G Xsight 15 on the title bar. I just want to be sure of the proper procedure (also with regard to the C3).

(I did try an Export to .girr but that apparently moves only each device, nothing else in the config).

Many thanks.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is usually dangerous to upload a .rmir file to a remote with a different signature, hence the warning, but the four remotes ARRX15G, ARRX18G, Nevo C2 and Nevo C3 are an exception in that they are compatible. So you can ignore the warning and tell RMIR to go ahead and upload tbe ARRX15G .rmir file to the Nevo C2 and C3.
chileboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks Graham.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: