JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Haswe T95Z Plus Android TV box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lastmboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Haswe T95Z Plus Android TV box Reply with quote

Having trouble finding a bin file that would work for my Android TV box. My device is listed in the Harmony database as "Haswe / T95ZPLUS" and "Haswe / T95Z Plus". I can load them fine without error, but not getting any response. I have tried quite a few .bin files, but the closest one to mine (same remote visually) that I could find is http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13379. However, I don't get a response from it, either. It's a very common remote with lots of android boxes, so I figured there should be something available.

Here are my answers to the questions:

1. What model Slingbox do you have?

Slingbox 500

2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button (or selected the file and tapped 'Continue' on the M1 & M2)?

No errors were encountered when pressing the Test button.

3. Did you give the commands plenty of time to react? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)

Yes. Screen went black then came back after a few seconds, but had no effect on the android box.

4. If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files?

n/a

5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work?

Could not get any buttons to work.

6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash. Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for). If you are using a 350/500/M1/M2 have you tried using the external blaster?

I took close-up video of the IR Blaster (aka emitter) on the Slingbox 500. There is a white flash at the tip whenever I touch a button on the virtual remote.

7. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster? On some devices this is critical so don't give up too quickly. Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass.

Yes, I have placed it all around the box.

8. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote?

Yes.

9. Are you sure your device is set to use IR ? Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it.

I don't believe this device is capable of RF. My Harmony IR Remote works fine with it when set to "Haswe T95ZPLUS".

10. If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo...) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ?

n/a

11. Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ? This has been found to help.

Yes, several times.

12. Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote? If so let me know.

Yes, I have the Logitech Harmony Ultimate One remote with hub.

Any help or direction appreciated. Thanks.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this one at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13515

The installation instructions are out-of-date so use the ones at http://www.rmrsoft.com/how_to_install_a_custom_remote_onto_the_slingbox.html
Lastmboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one works great! Thank-you so much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: