JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sky MVX01-100 Technicolor DVR (Mexico)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dochege

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Sky MVX01-100 Technicolor DVR (Mexico) Reply with quote

Hi,
I've used this forum before to find some remotes that have worked like a charm.

But now I'm really in trouble for the Slingbox

I just got a new set of TV Boxes (Sky Mexico) and both receivers work with Bluetooth remotes! Great that I don't need to point to the device anymore..... but that would mean no remote for the Slingbox.

Both receivers, one is the main (DVR capable) and the other is like a smaller one.

In the front panels there is a plastic cover that would suggest IR capability... but I'm not sure.

The models mention Technicolor in the serial label. But the model I think is a local version: CVX01-100 (additional) and MVX01-100 (Main one with DVR).

Any help is more than welcome!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you try Googling to see if you can find either of these STBs online, and if you do, please post a link to what you find. Failing that, could you take some photos, both of the boxes themselves and the box with the serial and model numbers and post them here.

In order to even try looking for remote codes, we need to know what the brand is, and I'm guessing that "Technicolor" could be a description rather than the brand.

Does it look like this?

I found that here:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/forodetelevisionporcable/sky-ultra-ultra-hd-t55556.html

Maybe that user, HHOD86, might be able to help also.
dochege

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the one yes!

These are the pics of what I have:
Main Receiver
https://imgur.com/gallery/08jrCyc

Secondary Receiver
https://imgur.com/gallery/N5QqOrJ

Remote
https://imgur.com/gallery/kBkuz5b

Thanks for the reply!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have re-named the thread to help Alan, the guy who does most of the Slingbox codes.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't involved before as it appeared that they were Bluetooth controlled. Have we found out if they are switchable to IR ? Do we have access to a manual ?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't know for certain, the OP just noticed that there appears to be an IR window on the units which might imply that they can also receive IR, though if that were true I wonder how the average user is supposed to determine what IR signals to use? Typically, in such cases, there is a provision where you can attach an IR blaster of some sort so you can capture the signals on a learning remote.

But either way, could you check the Harmony database to see if they have anything for a Sky MVX01-100 DVR, which might also be under "Sky Mexico" rather than "Sky", who knows?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO sign of that box, the closest seems to be the Sky MH01-100. I tested that and find it uses the NEC1 134:47 protocol. We have 3 other remotes that use that protocol and they are identical. One example is the Sky S12M-T box at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7157

Unfortunately they are all limited in their functionality and appear to be just very simple set-top-boxes, i.e. no transport (play, pause, stop...) functions, so I doubt they will be much help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if he tries that and finds that the limited functions work, I can create some dummy bin files to help find all the other functions.
Kmeelo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sky MVX01-100 Technicolor DVR (Mexico) Reply with quote

dochege wrote:
Hi,
I've used this forum before to find some remotes that have worked like a charm.

But now I'm really in trouble for the Slingbox

I just got a new set of TV Boxes (Sky Mexico) and both receivers work with Bluetooth remotes! Great that I don't need to point to the device anymore..... but that would mean no remote for the Slingbox.

Both receivers, one is the main (DVR capable) and the other is like a smaller one.

In the front panels there is a plastic cover that would suggest IR capability... but I'm not sure.

The models mention Technicolor in the serial label. But the model I think is a local version: CVX01-100 (additional) and MVX01-100 (Main one with DVR).

Any help is more than welcome!

Hello! I am in the same situation as you are, New Mexican sky HD boxes and remotes, one thing that I am not sure about is this new boxes can be controlled by IR or by bluethoot only????
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: