JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zoom Setting How to Change?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject: Zoom Setting How to Change? Reply with quote

Simple question this time! (I hope)
How do I change the zoom setting after the initial first time that box pops up asking me? Java JDK whatever the newest one is

I got a new TV for my bedroom area (Got rid of cable, well the TV portion that is) and I'm using an old Dell Precision to program my remotes but I made the zoom way to large!

I have Netflix Paramount + and Hulu which still comes out cheaper then the Charter TV part was!

Thank You
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're talking about the RMIR zoom, rather than the zoom feature of some device? If so, the only way to change it is to run setup.vbs again.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I assume you're talking about the RMIR zoom, rather than the zoom feature of some device? If so, the only way to change it is to run setup.vbs again.

Yes I'm talking about the box that pops up the first time you run it.
Well I ran setup.vbs and I fixed it in the future is there anyway other then running setup.vbs or is this not a common issue so just doing that is easy enough instead of a menu option somewhere.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Graham the same question when he first introduced it and he said to rerun it. He would have to say whether it's possible to have a menu option or how much work it would be. It would certainly be a nice option, but it's by no means critical IMHO, not when compared to the great work he's doing with adding new interface types, etc at the moment.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I asked Graham the same question when he first introduced it and he said to rerun it. He would have to say whether it's possible to have a menu option or how much work it would be. It would certainly be a nice option, but it's by no means critical IMHO, not when compared to the great work he's doing with adding new interface types, etc at the moment.

Yes no biggie but a menu option would be nice but not necessary as it is not needed that often.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The magnification factor is given as argument to the JVM (Java Virtual Machine). It is not observed by all JVMs, and some JVMs understand only integer arguments. The reason why the magnification ("zoom") is not available in the GUI (in a menu for example) is that we do not know how to do that, or even if it is possible.

(For example, look at the Arduino IDE, which is also a Java program. There is a menu entry "Interface scale" under "File/Preferences", but it only scales the main fonts and the icons, not e.g. the menus or the top menubar, or the dimensions.)

I do rule out that there is something I have missed, or that something will be available in future Java/Swing. Constructive suggestions are welcome.
DDE12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used a work around (in Windows 10) by adjusting the scale factor in the shortcut and that avoids having to rerun setup. Several shortcuts with different scale factors could be made if desired. Different flavors/versions of Java might have different results as mentioned by Barf.
I mostly use a scale factor of 1.5. Adjust that to one's liking.
In Shortcut Properties
Target: "C:\Program Files\Eclipse Foundation\jdk-17.0.0.35-hotspot\bin\javaw.exe" -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1.5 -jar RemoteMaster.jar

Start in: "C:\JP1\Remote Master 2.13.2"
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: