JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

4-byte keymoves not working - RCA RCRP05B Extender V1.05
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetskier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: 4-byte keymoves not working - RCA RCRP05B Extender V1.05 Reply with quote

I just replaced my 1999 era Technics audio receiver with a new Yamaha TSR-7850 I purchased from Costco. I've been using the RCA RCRP05B Extender V1.05 for the past few years with no issues.

I found this upgrade in the file section for the older Yamaha receivers:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25812.

I imported it into my RM file to replace the previous receiver. I then went through and remapped buttons. On the first test, all the of the buttons on normal keys worked fine. Anything on a key move did not (discrete on/off, phantoms). On other devices, the keymoves work fine as well as the special functions. It's just limited to the Yamaha device.

Is there a limitation in the extender that prevents a 4-byte function from working as a keymove? As a workaround, I created another device upgrade (Amp 2001) and mapped it to dev6 and put the phantoms on the number keys and the discretes on the channel up/down buttons. My macros work with these tweaks, but I figured someone may have some other ideas to fix this behavior.

Here's a link to my RMIR file.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26061

amp 2000 mapped to the AUD device key has the keymoves that don't function. The amp 2001 on dev6 is the secondary upgrade for the non-working keymoves mapped to regular buttons.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have looked at your RMIR file and don't see anything obviously wrong with it, so I suspect this may be an issue with the extender rather than with the remote itself, so I have moved this to the extenders forum.

To validate if my suspicion is correct, could you temporarily uninstall the extender and try adding the same upgrade and keymoves to the unextended remote to see if they work? If they do, that would prove that it's something to do with the extender.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, Just a quick note: In Bill's extenders you don't uninstall them. You have to deactivate. IIRC in this RCA remote use LKP of Setup button.

jetskier, did you edit the rmdu file using correct RDF file?
I'll take a peek at your stuff later.
jetskier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built a simple unextended remote upgrade with just the Yahama as AUD device. I put the discrete commands in the Macro1 & Macro2 buttons as well as a macro on the pip_ch+ and - buttons. Same behavior.

I ran the discrete on code through IR Scope. The discrete on for
"Main Zone" reports NEC1, Device 126, OBC 126, Hex 81 - works
{38.3k,559,msb}<1,-1|1,-3>(16,-8,A:32,1,^107m,(16,-4,1,^107m)+){A=$7E817E81}
The same function on Macro1 reports NEC1-f16, Device 126, OBC 0, Hex CB, OBC2 211. - doesn't work
{38.3k,559,msb}<1,-1|1,-3>(16,-8,A:32,1,^107m,(16,-4,1,^107m)+){A=$7E8100CB}

Last edited by jetskier on Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
jetskier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Rob, Just a quick note: In Bill's extenders you don't uninstall them. You have to deactivate. IIRC in this RCA remote use LKP of Setup button.

jetskier, did you edit the rmdu file using correct RDF file?
I'll take a peek at your stuff later.

I did a 981 reset on another remote before I built the test upgrade.

I have the 12/22/2018 dated version of the RDF in the latest version of RMIR.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created a Yamaha TSR-7850 test upgrade which might work for you, you could use this upgrade as the basis for the functions that you want programmed as keymoves.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26062

It requires the following to be added to protocols.ini

[NEC1-f16 2Fixed]
PID=01 FE
DevParms=Dev:8=210, Sub:8=30
CmdParms=OBC1:8=0, OBC2:8=0
DeviceTranslator=Translator(lsb,comp,0,8,0) Translator(lsb,comp,1,8,8)
CmdTranslator=Translator(lsb,comp,0,8,0) Translator(lsb,comp,1,8,8)
DefaultCmd=00 00
FixedData=B4 87
Notes=Useful if the device and subdevice remain constant for the entire upgrade. Use NEC1-f16 Official if more flexibility is needed.
Code.S3C80=43 8B 22 8B 12 CF 4D 08 08 01 21 00 FD 01 21 03 30 D2 DC 11 94 08 B6 8D 01 46
Code.HCS08=20 15 23 46 22 CF 4D 08 08 01 21 01 11 01 21 03 44 D2 DC 11 94 08 CA CC FF 5F

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
jetskier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob.

I added this to protocol.ini and used your test upgrade to test the functions. The amp didn't respond to anything whether on standard buttons or keymoves.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a bug and fixed it, so please try again, and re-copy the protocol into protocols.ini
jetskier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That appears to work. Thank you.

There's a couple functions I'll need to add, but all the functions responded in the test upgrade.

I was looking through the Yamaha Standard and Extended IR codes PDF, how did you establish the Hex values for this upgrade?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskier wrote:
I was looking through the Yamaha Standard and Extended IR codes PDF, how did you establish the Hex values for this upgrade?

Do you mean, how did I convert the Yamaha hex into device codes, sub-device codes, OBC and OBC2 values?

If so, look at some of our Excel versions of the Yamaha PDFs, like this one:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25811

If you know how to read Excel formula, take a look in the cells which show the JP1 codes and you'll see how I do it.

For example on the first tab ("data" tab), cell F4 shows that the hex code for the main zone ID1 POWER is "7E-2A", this means the device code hex is 7E and the OBC hex is 2A, and as each is just 1 byte, there's no sub-device or OBC2. (Just FYI, when there isn't a sub-device, that means the sub-device is the complement of the device. Likewise, when there's no OBC2, that means it's the complement of OBC1). Hex code 7E converts to 126 in decimal, and hex code 2A converts to 42.

For ID2 the hex code is "7E-2AD4", so the dev hex is still 7E (126) but the OBC hex is now 2 bytes, OBC1 is still 42 (from hex 2A) but now there's an OBC2 with hex D4, which is 212 in decimal.

Now, down on row 15, the main zone ID1 code for USB is "7F01-720D", so now each code is 2 bytes, so we have:

Hex Type Code
7F Dev = 127
01 Sub = 1
72 OBC1 = 114
0D OBC2 = 13
jetskier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand now the signal structure now. Thank you. However, this upgrade limits you to one device/subdevice code at a time since it considers them fixed and the OBC1 and OBC2 as the variable.

Any more thoughts on why the 4-byte version isn't working for keymoves?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskier wrote:
However, this upgrade limits you to one device/subdevice code at a time since it considers them fixed and the OBC1 and OBC2 as the variable.

Right, that was the intention. I have also been working on a more smart version which would let you mix many device code combinations with a mix of OBC patterns but it's not ready yet. Basically, I noticed that the OBC2 values fall into one of two formats. Either they're the complement of the OBC like normal, or they're the complement with the left most bit flipped.

jetskier wrote:
Any more thoughts on why the 4-byte version isn't working for keymoves?

I don't, it just appears that you've tripped some limit. Do keymoves work with the 2-byte version? The idea was that you could still use the 4 byte upgrade as the main upgrade, and then have the keymoves based on the new 2 byte upgrade rather than the 4 byte one.
jetskier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Do keymoves work with the 2-byte version?

Yes. They work fine on the phantoms and discretes. There are a mix of device/sub that are on the main tab I need to incorporate functions. Right now I'm just running two device upgrades to cover it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I have time to work on my new smart code, you should be able to replace the whole upgrade with one that uses just 2 variable bytes, so then you can use the one upgrade for the keymoves too.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remembered that I wrote an executor for this a while back called NEC 4DEV Yamaha Combo, so I have tried re-creating the original upgrade using that executor.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26073
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: