JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cloud Pro 4K IPTV STB
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject: Cloud Pro 4K IPTV STB Reply with quote

Hi,

Can anyone kind enough to assist me on where to locate the device selection option which is currently missing under setting on slingbox site:
newwatch.slingbox.com

I'm basically unable to proceed to place a bin file for my IPTV under custom option when this vital device selection is missing.

I've obtained the 4k iptv remote bin file which I'm hoping will work with my China 4K IPTV remote from one of our kind forum contributor from a thread below:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=102496

Are there any other ways around to programme a custom remote bin file for my slingbox 500 Virtual remote to work with my 4K IPTV Box other than using the sling site above?

Tried calling slingbox but they aren't helpful at all.

Kind regards,

Sharin
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of the newwatch.slingbox.com site before, what role does it play here? It sounds like all you want to do is to load the bin file from our file section into your Slingbox, right? If so, just follow our standard instructions below:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_Install_a_Custom_Remote_onto_the_Slingbox
Sharin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robman,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Allow me to clarify.

The newwatch.slingbox.com site was clearly mentioned and recommended in the guide link below as part of the steps to load the bin file for Slingbox 500/300. You need to go in the site below to have a clear picture as to what I'm referring to for in the actual newwatch.slingbox.com site as recommended in the guide, the 'device selection option' upon clicking 'setting' is no where to be found unlike what is shown in the screen shot guide. Hence with the missing 'device selection option' I'm unable to continue with the next step as shown in the guide.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_Install_a_Custom_Remote_onto_the_Slingbox

In a nutshell, if based on the screen shot guide given, upon navigating into newwatch.slingbox.com, one should first click 'setting' and 'select the appropriate device' and for my case would be Slingbox 500 before proceeding to 'configure inputs' until you reach the 'custom option' where you will be able to dump the bin file from the recommended root directory where the bin files are stored and configure the remote accordingly.

Hence I would like to know should the above link is missing, are there any other ways to dump the bin files so that the Slingbox 500 will be able to recognise my IPTV 4K STB virtual remote for me to control STB channel from outside my home?

Kind regards,

Sharin
Sharin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robman,

my apology, slight error in my clarification earlier.

It actually should be if based on the guide below, go to the 'recommended site first': newwatch.slingbox.com, select 'the appropriate device' then go to 'setting' to 'configure' the remote till you reach 'custom' before 'dumping' the bin files and test the virtual remote accordingly.

But still the device selection option is missing from slingbox site which prevent me from proceeding further to dump my files for my virtual remote to work.

Hence any help will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Sharin
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, I hadn't seen that section before. I think you'll have to wait for Alan to help you as he created that Wiki page.
chuliu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should use slingplayer desktop to configure input and upload bin file. It can be downloaded
here
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fault, I thought I had updated the WiKi to reflect a change Sling Media made in the installation process. You now have to use the Desktop Player to configure Slingboxes, NOT the web page.

It actually tells you that on the opening page of the newwatch.slingbox.com, surprised you didn't see it.
Sharin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

My apology for the slight delay in reply.

A big thank you to Robman, Chuliu and Alanrichey for all your kind help.

I'm now able to configure the remote successfully eventhough it is not compatible with my China IPTV box yet.

Nevermind, I'll try some other codes that is available first before trying to create the actual bin files from my actual remote based on the fantastic guides created by all of you.

I'm not a tech savvy guy, but let give me a try. If I'm stuck, I'll you know.

Hopefully you guys can help me again.

May all of you be rewarded by your kind deeds.

Kind regards,

Sharin
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you create a bin from your remote? Do you have a JP1 learning remote available to you?
Sharin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Thks for asking. I've ordered the JP1 learning remote as recommended by the guide from amazon, just in case.

In the meantime, I'm trying some of the available bin files first.

I'll resort to creating a fresh bin files if non of the availables bin files are compatible with my IPTV STB and will only be able to do so once I've received the JP1 learning remote which I've ordered from Amazon.

Again thank you for your kind help thus far.

Kind regards,

Sharin
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you haven't found a working bin file by the time the JP1 remote arrives, please go ahead and learn all the buttons from your OEM remote then post the .RMIR file and we'll take it from there. Learn all the buttons that have equivalents on the JP1 remote first, then learn the rest to the remaining buttons, or switch to a new device mode if you need more buttons, just keep track of what you have learned and where, so I can re-create them in the bin file.

For example, learn buttons like 0-9, ch+/ch-, menu, etc first. Then learn custom buttons like "video on demand", "return to TV", etc next and learn them to any available button, just keep a list.
Sharin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rodman,

If I have not found the correct bin files, I'll do as mentioned.

Thank you for your kind guidance.

Really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Sharin
Sharin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robman,

I've tested quite a number of bin files from the database for the past 2 days, but none seems to be compatible with my STB.

Since I've received the remote which I've ordered from Amazon late yesterday, I've decided to use the QARUSB04G remote to learn all the buttons from my STB remote and tested it.

Everything seems to be functioning perfectly.

I've downloaded the settings.bin file from the programmed QARUSB04G remote but I'm unsure how to convert it to .RMIR file. Are able to assist me to convert and create a bin file for me?

The link to the 'settings.bin' file is as follows:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26049

Your kind assistance is very much appreciate.

Kind regards,

Sharin
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26051
Sharin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Robman,

Thank you for creating the bin files for me.

I've uploaded the bin files, you have created.

It function flawlessly on my Slingbox 500.

Now I don't have to call home just to change the channel when watching my STB from my Mobile, Tablet or PC when I'm outside my home or overseas.

Again thank you for your kind help.

Really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Sharin
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: