JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New URC-7935 Streamer Remote User

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WVZR-1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: New URC-7935 User Reply with quote

I'm a new URC-7935 user and I've been helped considerably by @mdavej. I'm not wanting to bother him and I've got questions. If I can accomplish my needs less a cable programming it certainly interests me. I had one that I tried unsuccessfully to pair to an ATV4, a Samsung Plasma and Yamaha AVR. The ATV4 couldn't be completed/made 100% functional. I reset it using the procedure mentioned and then tried it with a Roku Ultra. The Roku is 100% functional and the VUDU became PRIME upon programming. This one was a 12.99 eBay purchase that I've no reason to suspect had issues.

I bought another 16.88 'off the shelf' from Walmart and it did the ATV4 first attempt. I'd like to use the STREAMER 'ON/OFF to power ON/OFF my AVR. I seem to struggle with that a bit.

I'd like to maybe use the TV HDMI 'select feature' to maybe select the SCENE/HDMI function of my Yamaha AVR. Is this maybe possible?

@mdavej mentioned he thought a cable I considered would be a wise buy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JP1-2-1-3-USB-Cable-for-Universal-Remotes-with-debug-LEDs-New-IC-and-new-design/283058032000

Currently I have the ATV4, an Xfinity XG1V4, a TiVo mini to the AVR, out through a Darbee 6000-S to the 64" PLASMA. I realize the APP 'shortcuts' can't be used for the ATV4 but what all can I accomplish with this.

I of course have NO JP1 or other 'remote' programming experience. I'd like to get to a UPC-7935, an X1 and TiVo remote to do just 'minimal' display.

The BD-players, disc players etc are all boxed.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing you have a yamaha AVR, this file has the Scene commands that will likely work. If you can't send these from your yamaha remote to learn, then the only way to add them is using a JP1 cable.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25811
WVZR-1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Knowing you have a yamaha AVR, this file has the Scene commands that will likely work. If you can't send these from your yamaha remote to learn, then the only way to add them is using a JP1 cable.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25811

You've helped tremendously. Today I was able to learn some 'Scene' function to the APP buttons and made this combination 'very usable' - the streamer power button is done for AVR POWER, for TV and Streaming this is a very good 'One For All'. I believe a cable and JP1 is in the future!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: