JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Marantz SR5005 AV receiver - XSight ARRX15G

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bookwormer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject: Marantz SR5005 AV receiver - XSight ARRX15G Reply with quote

Hi, just joined the forum so I can program my XSight ARRX15G.

I have downloaded and installed Remote Master and the two accompanying apps (RMIR and RMPB), and my ARRX15G is connected to and recognized by my PC.

What I want to do is program my remote to control a Marantz SR5005 AV receiver. I downloaded a Marantz spreadsheet from this site. So this an excel file.

However, that's where I'm lost. I have no idea how to install this excel file in my remote using the Remote Master and apps. I've read the "Using Remote Master", and the instructions are clear as mud as far as this is concerned, because they're talking about *.rmdu files, not excel files.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please post a link to the spreadsheet that you found so I can see what it is?

I looked in our file section and while we don't have an upgrade specifically for the SR5005, we have many different Marantz receivers and I'm willing to bet that many of them use the same codes.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=9&sort_method=file_name&sort_order=ASC&start=250

This is probably a good file to try:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=456
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the xls code list for the 5005 (hidden column AS):
https://www.us.marantz.com/-/media/Files/DocumentMaster/MarantzNA/US/Marantz-Master-IR.xls

The codes are indeed identical to the 5200 upgrade Rob posted (column BB), but the 5005 has several additional codes you may want to add. So go ahead and open the upgrade and the xls file, change the remote to the Xsight 15G in the drop-down for Remote in the RMDU file and go to the Functions tab.

Here's how to use the information in the xls file to add them to the 5200 upgrade file yourself.

First let's look at example of the two types of codes this AVR uses. The first is a simple command with no extension, like POWER ON/OFF (row 7). This corresponds to Type RC-5 on the functions tab. Note that colums D (System) and E (Command) are 16 and 12. These correspond to RC5 Device and OBC on the functions tab.

The second type has an Extension (column F), like MUTE OFF (row 16). This corresponds to Type RC-5x on the functions tab. D, E and F are 16, 13 and 1. On the functions tab, choose RC5x Device 16, Sub<64 (because 13 is less than 64), RC5x Sub-Device 13, and OBC 1.

Let's add a new command "Info" from row 46. It's 16, 15, 08. On the functions tab, click New, pick Type RC-5x, type 8 in OBC, 15 in RC5x Sub-Device, and leave 16, Sub<64 in RC5x Device.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that this is a particularly difficult combo executor to work with, and the Marantz spreadsheets are quite intimidating, I have extracted the SR5005 specific info and made a new spreadsheet, and I have created 2 upgrades based on that info. The combo executor has limitations so I was unable to get all the functions into one upgrade, so that's why I had to create 2.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26033
bookwormer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, appreciate that. I'm supposed to create two devices on my Xsight, one for part 1 and another for part 2 to accommodate all the functions? If the function is listed in red on RMIR, does that mean it is not actually assigned on the device?

The one function button I really need is the "SPKR A/B" button, which would allow me to switch between two different front stereo speaker sets (or combine them, if I want). Do you know which of the functions on the upgrades handle that?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the list of functions that ended up in the 2nd device first to see if you need any of them.

Also, with both upgrades, I didn't spend too much time assigning functions to buttons because there are a LOT of functions and I have no idea which ones you really need, so you will still have to do that part. The trick is chosing buttons that make sense to you, but you do also have soft buttons that you can label.
bookwormer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the Speaker A/B select function is included in either update. I looked around the file section for similar Marantz receiver remote upgrades that might have this function, but can't find it. It is listed in a Marantz master list excel file for other remotes, but I don't know how to utilize that.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at rows 20-26 in the original spreadsheet you'll see the speaker functions. The speaker functions are:

SPEAKER Sel.
SPEAKER-A ON/OFF
SPEAKER-A ON
SPEAKER-A OFF
SPEAKER-B ON/OFF
SPEAKER-B ON
SPEAKER-B OFF

The first one (Speaker Sel) is the only listed as being available for the SR5005, so I suspect that that is your Speaker A/B button, and it's included in the first RMDU file that I made for you.
bookwormer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Still trying to sort through it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: