JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Arrggghhh! I overwrote an extended Atlas OCAP 1056!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Arrggghhh! I overwrote an extended Atlas OCAP 1056! Reply with quote

As I am digging into all of this once again, I pulled out my Atlas 1056B01(-L) JP1.3 OCAP remotes (2 silver learners, with back-lighting, and one black non-learner with no back-light).

I always start with downloading the remote's existing image, to ensure I have the correct RDF and a decent starting point.

Remote #1 (one of the silver learners) downloaded an unextended pretty standard setup. I have since reprogrammed it and it's working fine.

Wanting to make a "duplicate", I took remote #2 (the black one) and downloaded it, and it had an extender loaded. RMIR looked so user-friendly (I grew up with KM and IR), that I just thought that I could change it back to an unextended image and upload the previously-created file. Unfortunately, I now have a remote that behaves oddly. When I disconnect it from the PC interface, the first button press gives me one blink of the light, the next one blinks the 3 left device buttons lighting up together, and thereafter no button presses do anything!

Now as i refresh my memory of extenders, i guess i should not have simply overwritten the remote image, but made sure that the extender was DEACTIVATED before i did so. Having NOT saved an RMIR image of the remote's setup before overwriting it, what can I do to restore this remote to its base, unextended, and WORKING, state?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Arrggghhh! I overwrote an extended Atlas OCAP 1056! Reply with quote

Bump.

Can anybody help me recover my Atkas OCAP?

Tx.
Capn Trips wrote:
As I am digging into all of this once again, I pulled out my Atlas 1056B01(-L) JP1.3 OCAP remotes (2 silver learners, with back-lighting, and one black non-learner with no back-light).

I always start with downloading the remote's existing image, to ensure I have the correct RDF and a decent starting point.

Remote #1 (one of the silver learners) downloaded an unextended pretty standard setup. I have since reprogrammed it and it's working fine.

Wanting to make a "duplicate", I took remote #2 (the black one) and downloaded it, and it had an extender loaded. RMIR looked so user-friendly (I grew up with KM and IR), that I just thought that I could change it back to an unextended image and upload the previously-created file. Unfortunately, I now have a remote that behaves oddly. When I disconnect it from the PC interface, the first button press gives me one blink of the light, the next one blinks the 3 left device buttons lighting up together, and thereafter no button presses do anything!

Now as i refresh my memory of extenders, i guess i should not have simply overwritten the remote image, but made sure that the extender was DEACTIVATED before i did so. Having NOT saved an RMIR image of the remote's setup before overwriting it, what can I do to restore this remote to its base, unextended, and WORKING, state?

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had hoped that someone familiar with this remote and its extenders would come up with a suggestion, but as they haven't, I will have a go. I believe that the remote should still support uploading and downloading, so there seem to be two possibilities. First, if you have any .rmir or .ir setup for this remote with the extender, upload it and the remote should work. If you don't then try reinstalling the extender. I know nothing about the extender, so am not sure if this is possible but it is worth a try. That's all that I can think of.

Edit: If you don't have any .rmir or .ir setup for this remote with extender, perhaps someone who has this remote and extender can post one for you.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Arrggghhh! I overwrote an extended Atlas OCAP 1056! Reply with quote

I found out that i indeed had this remote packed away

Here is link to my remote downloads. Zip file contains rmir after reset and with extendetr v2.13

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26016
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Arrggghhh! I overwrote an extended Atlas OCAP 1056! Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
I found out that i indeed had this remote packed away

Here is link to my remote downloads. Zip file contains rmir after reset and with extendetr v2.13

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26016

Mr. Green

Amazon Firestick
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap'n, what does that emoticon signify? Have you got the remote working again, or not?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a grin. Was supposed to mean "thanks." Haven't had a chance to work on it yet.

Amazon Firestick
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn,
What is (-L) in your "Atlas 1056B01(-L)"?
In case you still need unextended raw image, I posted one after 981 and 980 reset a while back
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13574

Which extender were you using 2.11 or 302 or 303?
Reminder - many key numbers changed in the v3 extenders. I don't recall I use it.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Capn,
What is (-L) in your "Atlas 1056B01(-L)"?

That it is a learner. I have a black OCAP 3033 non-learner, and 2 silver ones with learning, and they have the "-L" appended to the name.
ElizabethD wrote:
In case you still need unextended raw image, I posted one after 981 and 980 reset a while back
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13574

Which extender were you using 2.11 or 302 or 303?
Reminder - many key numbers changed in the v3 extenders. I don't recall I use it.
I cannot tell what extender I was using. When I download from the remote, RMIR ASKS em what extender, and offer a list of several. I just randomly choose one at that point. I thought that it was something like 2.13, but cannot be certain. (or can I?) Does each update to an extender get a new RMIR sig?

Amazon Firestick
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps, here is a copy of a black Atlas OCAP 1056 that I made out of the box:
Unmodded

And here is one with a working extender (2.12 or 2.13):
Extended

I used the second file to directly clone to a new OCAP 1056 without installing the extender on it first. If it works, you'll still have to strip out a lot of useless upgrades and macros and stuff. When you first use it (or change batteries) i think it is in the unextended state and the backlight is on. You have to press and hold the top left button for a few seconds - if successful the backlight goes out..
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Does each update to an extender get a new RMIR sig?

Not really.
My Atlas, black, state is a mess, because I moved some stuff from XP to Windows7 and dates got clobbered. I want to change something and have a devil of a time trying to figure things out again.
I think I'm using v211 built in 2014 - I got a sticker on Atlas that says so.
At this point here's what I can see:

rdfs included in zip distributions
in 211 3A333A33 (Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver) extender V2.11)
in 213 3A333A33 (Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver) extender V2.13)
in 302 3X333X33 (Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver) extender V3.02)
in 303 3X333X33 (Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver) extender V3.03)

each update gets new sig? No, but major version did as you can see above and I confirmed by opening rmir files that I built (?) at some point
Versions 211 and 213 have 3a333a33 sig.
Versions 302 and 303 have 3x333x33 sig.
raw data window shows sig.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
I cannot tell what extender I was using. When I download from the remote, RMIR ASKS em what extender, and offer a list of several. I just randomly choose one at that point. I thought that it was something like 2.13, but cannot be certain. (or can I?) Does each update to an extender get a new RMIR sig?

Are you sure RMIR is asking you to choose between extenders, rather than between remotes with the same signature and extender? Four remotes have signature 3A333A33 and extender v2.13 - a URC-1055, a URC-11055 and both black and silver URC-1056, so you will be offered a choice between these as they have identical firmware. As Liz points out, different extender versions may have the same signature but they are distinguished by Fixed Data specified in the RDF, and RMIR filters on fixed data when there is ambiguity. So you should not get a choice between different extenders on a download. In addition, the extender version is shown on the Raw Data tab, in the info to the right of the table of hex data.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

Are you sure RMIR is asking you to choose between extenders, rather than between remotes with the same signature and extender?

You are correct. That said, the damage I have done, is done. Regardless of what the remote's sig was, I downloaded it to RMIR, and then UPLOADED an UNEXTENDED RMIR image, WHILE THE EXTENDER WAS STILL ACTIVE. The important point being that I did NOT "deactivate" the extender before uploading an overwriting the image. NOR did I save the RMIR file from that initial download. Now, regardless what I upload - an unextended or unextended image, it doesn't work right. Some random LED's light up for the first couple button pushes, and then nothing responds to any button push thereafter.

Amazon Firestick
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess my bottom line question is:
Is there a way to "deactivate" the extender after the remote image has been overwritten?

Amazon Firestick
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I uploaded the previously-shared "unextended" image.

The Black non-learner does nothing. Whatever button i press, I get a double-blink of the CBL key. Setup button does nothing long-press of setup does nothing. I can download the image i just uploaded, but ... nada.

Amazon Firestick
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: