JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Linux error: Failed to load libjp1usb.so

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plugin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:59 am    Post subject: Linux error: Failed to load libjp1usb.so Reply with quote

I'm trying to program a SimpleSet URC-6440 via its USB port.

On Linux I get an error - "rmaster.err:LibraryLoader: Failed to load 'jp1usb' from '/home/xxxxx/RemoteMasterv210b9/Linux-amd64/libjp1usb.so".

Indeed that file does not exist. Is it available anywhere?

If I run RMIR in a Windows 10 virtual machine with the USB device mapped, then RMIR talks to the device successfully. So I do have a work around.

Google search does not help.

My java is "openjdk version "1.8.0_252""
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jp1usb library provides support for the Delcom chip used in USB interface cables for JP1 (as distinct from JP1.x) remotes. These cables are obsolete and have never been supported in Linux. The library loader looks for the library file with the name that it would have if it existed. The error message is rather misleading as it implies that there is something wrong with the installation, but in fact there never has been such a file.

The current way to use JP1 remotes with RMIR is to use a JP1.x cable with an adapter, see this thread for details. This works in all supported OS, including Linux.
Plugin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, many thanks for the information.

To prove that assumptions are always dangerous, I had assumed that the absence of the "JP1 USB..." option in the RMIR Remote|Interfaces menu was a manifestation of the jp1usb library error and the cause of my problem.

The URC-6440 is a SimpleSet remote with a Micro-USB socket but no 6 pin header, so JP1.x is not an option.

On digging further, the 6440 is working with RMIR in Windows through the Remote|Interfaces|JPS... Automatic option and the file E:\settings.bin.

I can get RMIR working with the 6440 on Linux by manually mounting USB mass storage, and then assigning the "Port selection" for JPS... manually , e.g. /mnt/6440/settings.bin.

Auto mount of the 6440 is not working in my Linux with some scary block errors in the logs, but the file partition mounts OK manually.

Your ongoing efforts with Remote Master are much appreciated.

John
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plugin wrote:
The URC-6440 is a SimpleSet remote with a Micro-USB socket but no 6 pin header, so JP1.x is not an option.

That teaches me a lesson Embarassed . You said that was your remote in the first sentence of your first post, but I was so intent on replying about the error message that I didn't take that in. Had I done so, I would have told you that JPS was the interface to use for the URC-6440. JP1 USB may sound like the right one, but it is in fact only for really old remotes, the first generation of UEI remotes that this forum supported, and the same goes for JP1.x with adapter. Sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: