JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need RDF for URC-1580 signature 3377
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject: Need RDF for URC-1580 signature 3377 Reply with quote

Hello,

The URC-1580 is a universal remote for 8 devices from the Total Remote sub-brand of Universal Remote.
It has a JP 1.4 connector and can be read by RMIR however it's not recognized and only the "raw download" works and creates a 3377.ir file.
The device codes entered for each of the 8 devices can be read in hex form in this file in addition to the 3377 signature.

I would be very glad if someone can help me in attempting to produce a RDF for this product in order to add some devices to the supported ones.

However I dont know where to post the files and pictures relative to my URC-1580.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by marcel jacques on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To post pictures, read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6557

For a list of all the info we need, plus how to post files, read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=102213
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject: Need RDF for URC-1580 Reply with quote

Dear Rob,

Thanks for your answer.
I have uploaded a zip file to the diagnosis area of the file section here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25975

Unfortunately this remote appears not to support macros and I dont think there are any key codes marked on the PCB (no marks can be seen from the battery compartment).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards.

Hervé
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Need RDF for URC-1580 Reply with quote

marcel jacques wrote:
Unfortunately this remote appears not to support macros and I dont think there are any key codes marked on the PCB (no marks can be seen from the battery compartment).

Thanks Hervé, I will review the files. Regarding the button codes on the PCB, you wouldn't be able to see them from the battery compartment, you would need to open up the remote casing in order to see them.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Need RDF for URC-1580 Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
marcel jacques wrote:
Thanks Hervé, I will review the files. Regarding the button codes on the PCB, you wouldn't be able to see them from the battery compartment, you would need to open up the remote casing in order to see them.
I assume that the markings would not be on the contacts and track side, and from the battery compartment I see the back of the PCB in places where there are buttons on the otherside and I see no marking at all.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, they usually are on the contact side.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an RDF ready which has most of the info in it, except for the button codes. Given that you can't do macros, I've been thinking about how to figure them out. I think what I'll need to do is create an upgrade for a device that you have where we know what code it uses, then put the number buttons on random buttons so that you can test all the buttons to see which ones send a number. How does that sound?

So, what devices do you have? Preferably a TV or a SAT/CBL box where, if you press a number button, you see the number appear on the screen.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25978
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: URC-1580 RDF Reply with quote

Dear Rob,

Thanks very much for your precious help.
Using the RDF you provided, I built an RMDU file for a satellite receiver which I have (CGV Premio SAT HD-W).
It works but the only buttons which produce the function as indicated on the remote are:
Power
Vol+
Vol-
CH+
CH-
mute
The number buttons work but dont produce the expected function (see commented picture of the remote for more detail).
Other buttons (unallocated) don't produce any code, as expected.

This is at least partly due to the fact that the layout of the buttons does not resemble at all to the real one.

Can you explain me how to produce a layout or a button pattern which looks like the real one in order not to give you too much work.

FYI, for finding the codes (address and button code) i use a freeware named IR_protocol analyzer.
It gives these codes in decimal and hexadecimal form but a conversion is needed to use them in a RMDU file as bit order and bit value is inverted.
You will find the conversion table for the CGV Premio SAT HD-W in the ZIP archive.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25979

THanks again and kind regards.
Hervé
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hervé, I wasn't expecting you to create an upgrade using that RDF as most of the buttons are still missing from it. I will put together some upgrades for you to test based on the Premio upgrade that you provided.

In the meantime, here's a quick test that you could do for me. In the buttons tab of RM, could you swap the 8 and 9 buttons (ie, so 8 is on 9 and 9 is on 8) and then test the number buttons for me? Hopefully they will all work once you do that, except for 8 and 9 being reversed.

If the above test works, the next test I'd like you to try is, open the RDF using notepad and look for the section named [DigitMaps], then add "000 " to the beginning of the first line, so it should start "000 179 092 140 404 001 ...", then put the number buttons back in their proper place and see if they work.

To check that you did that last step correctly, go to the Output tab in RM and see if your upgrade looks like this. The 3rd byte is the one that matters, it should have changed from "1B" (which it is currently) to "1C".

Upgrade Code2 = 37 D0 (Cable/2000) Premio SAT HD-W SAT 2000 (RM v2.10 build 8)
00 5A 1C 79 20 FB 04 BF 3F CF FF 7F AF 07
End
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just created an RMIR file with 4 upgrades added, assigned to the top 4 device buttons (TV, SAT, CBL and DVB-T). In each upgrade, I have assigned the number buttons to various button codes, each has 10 buttons assigned, except for CBL which only has 6). So here's how you test. Have your Premio SAT in a mode where pressing the number buttons will display the number on the screen, then in each of the 4 device modes, try all of the buttons and if any of them display a number on the screen, make a note of which button it was and what the number was.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25980

Here's a template for the results:

TV
0=
1=
2=
3=
4=
5=
6=
7=
8=
9=

SAT
0=
1=
2=
3=
4=
5=
6=
7=
8=
9=

CBL
0=
1=
2=
3=
4=
5=

DVB-T
0=
1=
2=
3=
4=
5=
6=
7=
8=
9=
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: URC-1580 RDF Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your 3377_3.rmir file, however I remarked that you used the code 2001 for one of the upgrades but this code is part of the official code list.
Will it work or should I change for another code (for example 1999 which is not used) ?

Rgds,

Hervé
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, don't overthink it, just try the upgrades that I loaded.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: URC-1580 RDF Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
I uploaded the 3377_3.rmir to the URC-1580 and there is no change in the way the numbers work.
All device buttons give the same result for the 4 devices, and no number show a number on the screen.
I checked with IR protocol analyzer and the code issued is the same with all 4 devices of the 1st row and does not correspond to the codes issued by the original remote (except V+/V-, CH+/CH-, mute and power).

However the device MISC (code 3240) gives some strange results (all buttons send a code with the address of the Premio SAT HD-W):

Results:
button 1 -> displays 9
2 -> 8
3 no effect
4 -> 5
5 -> 4
6 no effect
7 -> 1
8 no effect
9 no effect
back -> VOL-
0 -> MUTE
AV no effect
II TV/Radio
> TV/Radio (same code)
>> Power
1 -> EPG
v -> audio track
OK -> USB (media)
Power -> FAV
Audio -> 3
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make sure you're testing this properly, I'm not asking you to test the actual number buttons on the remote, I'm asking you to test every other button on the remote (except for power, vol+/-, ch+/-) to see if any of them send the number command to the screen. Is that what you were doing?

For example, if you're in TV mode and you press the UP ARROW button and you see the number 5 appear on the screen, you would give me:

TV
5=UP ARROW

Also, did you try the test I suggested earlier where you swap the 8 and 9 buttons to see if that makes the number buttons work. If that doesn't work, it implies that you've given me the wrong codes for the number buttons in your original upgrade.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:25 am    Post subject: URC-1580 RDF Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

I misunderstood the way of testing 3377_3.rmir.
Here are the results after using the right method.

Remark: Originally TV and CBL gave the same result so I checked the setup codes in order to understand why and I discovered that both had the same setup code (2004).
So I reprogrammed TV to setup code 2001 and found the results below.

TV (2001)
1=BACK
2=Menu
3=up arrow
4=down arrow
5=left arrow
6=right arrow
7=OK
8=Exit

SAT (2003)
1=RED
2=GREEN
3=YELLOW
4=BLUE
7=AUDIO (most right on last row)

CBL (2004)
0=most left button on the last row
1=mid button on the last row
(same as TV)

DVB-T (2002)
1=info
3=> (play)
4=<< (rewind)
5=>> (fast forward)
6= stop
7=pause

So all numbers are found except 9.

I did not check swapping 8 and 9, I will do it and let you know.

Thanks again and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Rgds

Hervé
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: