JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need RDF for URC-1580 signature 3377
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:39 am    Post subject: URC-1580 RDF Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
In the meantime, here's a quick test that you could do for me. In the buttons tab of RM, could you swap the 8 and 9 buttons (ie, so 8 is on 9 and 9 is on 8) and then test the number buttons for me? Hopefully they will all work once you do that, except for 8 and 9 being reversed.
Done but this does not work.

The Robman wrote:
If the above test works, the next test I'd like you to try is, open the RDF using notepad and look for the section named [DigitMaps], then add "000 " to the beginning of the first line, so it should start "000 179 092 140 404 001 ...", then put the number buttons back in their proper place and see if they work.
Does not work.

The Robman wrote:
To check that you did that last step correctly, go to the Output tab in RM and see if your upgrade looks like this. The 3rd byte is the one that matters, it should have changed from "1B" (which it is currently) to "1C".

Upgrade Code2 = 37 D0 (Cable/2000) Premio SAT HD-W SAT 2000 (RM v2.10 build 8)
00 5A 1C 79 20 FB 04 BF 3F CF FF 7F AF 07
End
It's OK, changed to 1C
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got all the buttons except for 3:
guide
record
av

I've created another test RMIR file with 2 upgrades, on TV and SAT, which I would like you to test looking for the last 3 buttons. When you test the RECORD button, try pressing it twice because sometimes UEI puts a safety mechanism in which requires 2 presses to avoid you accidentally recording over something (a legacy of the VCR tape days)

I also included an upgrade on the DVB-T button which should work your Premio perfectly, except for the missing buttons.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25980

I have updated the RDF, so download this before you fire up RMIR.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25978

I'm still puzzled over what is going on with the actual numeric buttons. I've made a temporary change in the RDF which will (hopefully) cause the actual numeric buttons to work this time.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: URC-1580 RDF Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

This time you are very near of a perfect fit with the DVB-T code (2003).
Everything works as it should except:
-GUIDE, AV and REC buttons do not produce a code
-right and left arrows are interverted
-audio button produces the TXT code

Regarding the 2 other codes:
TV (2001) numbers OK
-guide produces "2"
-rewind produces "4"
-AV produces "0"

SAT (2002) numbers OK
-no other button produces a code
(except CH+/-, vol+/-, mute and power)

Thank you very much for this achievement !
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, I have all the buttons now, except for RECORD, could you please double check the RECORD button using TV (2001), be sure to press it twice quickly. I'm really expecting it to display 5, 6 or 7.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the RDF and created a map and image here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25978

I've updated the RMIR file with the Premio upgrade, now on the SAT button:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25980

I have made a guess as to the code for the RECORD button.

I have named those two buttons to the left of AUDIO as follows:
Full_screen
Blank_screen

If you have a better idea of their function, I can re-name them.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:47 am    Post subject: URC-1580 RDF Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
Thanks for these new RDF and RMIR files.
The code 2003 worked as expected for the Premio SAT but I have made minor changes concerning some buttons of the two last rows.
You will find an RMDU file with these changes in the zip file below.
However the record button which worked (with 2 presses) in your 2003 code does not work anymore (no code generated) in my 2002 RMDU, which otherrwise works exactly as I wanted ...
In addition I wonder why the fact to have loaded my 2002 RMDU file has made your 2003 code disappear (both use the SAT button).
In addition I cannot select another SAT code.
Is this normal ?

I made also another RMDU file for the Cahors Teox but I cannot test it yet since it's not where I am currently, i can only test it at the end of the month.
For this one I have a question: is it possible not to send the repeat code after each command (as prescribed in the NEC protocol) as it produces unwanted command repeats unless you press a button very, very shortly ?

Again many thanks for the time and efforts you spent to add this remote to the support list.

Hervé

Notes:
-what is the purpose of the "phantom" buttons and how to remove them (I think probably by removing the corresponding lines in the RDF file) ?
-I have also changed the picture of the URC-1580 (I used the resized photograph of the user manual instead of my photograph).

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25985
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assigned the RECORD function to all three buttons that I suspected might be RECORD, so evidently one of them was. To figure out which one, go back to the TV (2001) code from the earlier test and double press RECORD to see if it sends the 5, 6 or 7 number.

Now that we've got the RDF 99% done, we need to experiment to see if the remote supports keymoves or macros, which sometimes they do even if the remote doesn't allow them to be manually programmed. So, to test this, try to set up a macro and a keymove using RMIR to see if they work. If they don't, I'll remove the ability from the RDF.

If macros work, those phantom buttons will be useful for storing functions that you only need in macros and don't need on physical buttons. All but one of the phantoms are included in the button maps, so they can be included in device upgrades.

Also, I moved your zip file to the Diagnosis Area. The Device upgrade area requires one file per device, so please re-load the RMDU files separately, thanks.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: URC-1580 RDF Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

I reloaded the previous RMIR file (3377_4.RMIR) and in TV mode (2001) the record button sends the number 5 after a second press.
In SAT (2002) ans DVB-T (2003) the record button is inactive.

Regarding macros I must say that I am not too interested and I dont know how to gernerate a macro with RMIR.

However there is something which worries me a bit: I cannot program anymore another setup code in the SAT, CBL and DVB-T modes.
In all other modes it works normally.
Can there be something in the rmir files which can have such an effect (the setup lock is not checked in any mode) ?

Also do you know if there is a way not to send the repeat code after each command since it produces unvoluntarily repeats on my Cahors Teox receiver (this happens with all universal remotes which I tried but not with the original remote).

Thnanks again for your help.

Hervé
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-1580 RDF Reply with quote

marcel jacques wrote:
I reloaded the previous RMIR file (3377_4.RMIR) and in TV mode (2001) the record button sends the number 5 after a second press.

Cool, I will fix the RDF based on that.
marcel jacques wrote:
Regarding macros I must say that I am not too interested and I dont know how to generate a macro with RMIR.

You may not need them now, but may in the future, and besides, I'm creating the RDF not just for you, but for all future users of this remote. I will create an RMIR file with a macro and a keymove in it, that I would like you to test for me.

marcel jacques wrote:
However there is something which worries me a bit: I cannot program anymore another setup code in the SAT, CBL and DVB-T modes.
In all other modes it works normally.
Can there be something in the rmir files which can have such an effect (the setup lock is not checked in any mode) ?

I programmed my own upgrades to all of those buttons, so I'm not following you.

marcel jacques wrote:
Also do you know if there is a way not to send the repeat code after each command since it produces unvoluntarily repeats on my Cahors Teox receiver (this happens with all universal remotes which I tried but not with the original remote).

Yes, switch the protocol to "NEC1 (no repeats)". If that is not available, go to Options and select "Show Slingbox protocols".
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same 2 links as before, I have updated the RECORD button in the RDF, and I've loaded a new RMIR file which includes upgrades for both of your SAT boxes. For the Teox I used the "no repeat" version.

I have also included a keymove on the POWER button in TV mode, please try that button with your Premio turned on. If the keymove works, it will send the "1" button.

I have also included a macro on the Full_screen button (bottom left corner). If the macro works, it will send "1-2-3".

I'm not expecting either to work, but I need to know because if we confirm that they don't work, I will update the RDF accordingly.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

SAT (Premio):
The record button now works at the 2nd press.
The macro on the full_screen button also works and sends "1-2-3"

TV mode:
The keymove on the power button in TV mode works (sends a 1 to the Premio).

Regarding the Teox, I assume you put it in DVB-T mode with the setup code 2001.

There is an error message telling that there is no protocol NEC1 "no repeats" nor variant "slingbox". (see screencopy)

In addition on the device list the 2001 code appears in red (invalid).
Even if I change the TV code to another value, the error message persists. (see screen copy).

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-1580 RDF Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Yes, switch the protocol to "NEC1 (no repeats)". If that is not available, go to Options and select "Show Slingbox protocols".

marcel jacques

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: URC-1580 RDF Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The Robman wrote:
Thanks Rob for this reminder, I overlooked this remark.
Now with the slingbox protocol activated there was no warning anymore and I checked the Teox transmission with IR protocol analyzer and I see that there is no repeat code after each command.
See screen copy:

The 3 first commands (without repeats) are obtained by successively pressing 1, 2, 3.
The 3 last commands with repeats are obtained by pressing the "full_screen" button (macro generating "1-2-3" to the Premio)

I can only check the real effect on the Teox at the end of the month.

I modified your 3377_6.rmir file into 3377_y.rmir which I think for me is the "final" one:

-correction of interverted right and left arrows on Premio,
-suppression of key move on TV power,
-suppression of macro on full_screen button
-interversion of Premio and Teox device buttons

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25986

Thank you again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you got the left and right arrows reversed in your original RMDU for the Premio. In one of my earlier RMIR files, I switched to using the Premio codes that you provided in the spreadsheet as there were more codes there and the left/right buttons were correct. Also, just FYI, the arrow keys and the vol/ch keys use the same codes (which is quite common).

up = ch+
down = ch-
left = vol-
right = vol+

So, knowing that, you could put Page+/- on the Ch+/- buttons, if you want.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

You are right for the arrows, I made the mistake in filling the RMDU from the spreadsheet.
By the way I noticed that the conversion table I made in the spreadsheet for converting the decimal codes of IR protocol analyzer to HEX numbers for RMDU was unnecessary since this decimal code can be entered directly in the OBC column...

Regarding the arrows and the +/- buttons, it's true that they are combined in the Premio remote and that the CH+/- buttons could be used for Page +/- but these buttons are not very useful and I think that would not be very ergonomic.

Again many thanks for all the work you made to support this remote and your very prompt responses to my questions.

Have a good evening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: