JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LG Smart button on Atlas 1056B03
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugmenot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject: LG Smart button on Atlas 1056B03 Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I'm trying to use an Atlas 1056B03 URC with my LG UH6030 TV and I'm a little lost about how to get the Smart TV function to work with that remote.

From reading on the wiki it sounds like I would need to find the EFC for that button for the device code I am using (1265) and then use the 994 command to map it to a physical button, but I have no idea how to find the EFC?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 00004
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A stock 1056B03 doesn't accept keymoves. You'd need a JP1 cable to make the necessary changes.
bugmenot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for responding.

3FG, you're right. The remote doesn't seem to accept keymoves, nor does it just send a custom EFC to the TV.

Is there a way to determine if the same ECF is sent by any button using a different device code (LG or otherwise)? I'm only using the remote for the TV so have available slots for other devices.

Also, in your experience what's the cheapest UR that can send custom EFC's to a unit? And how much is a JP1, typically?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be able to exchange yours for an older model at the cable office for free. Otherwise, looks like $8 is the going rate on ebay. Goodwill is another cheap option. New JP1 remotes run $12-$30 for most models at Amazon and Best Buy. See the chart in the wiki for the complete list.

Here's an $8 Atlas similar to yours but with keymove/EFC capability:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATLAS-OCAP-DVR-1056-1056B01-CABLE-BOX-Remote-Cleaned-and-Tested/392576591684

Here's a new JP1 remote that includes the cable, so no need to buy a separate one. And unlike the Atlas, it's backlit and learning and can control 12 devices using our extender program. This same model is a few dollars cheaper on ebay.
https://www.amazon.com/One-All-OARUSB04G-Universal-Programming/dp/B00HNIHM5S

A JP1 cable runs less than $8 on ebay.

There are a few ways to find alternate setup codes. But here's one you can do yourself. Click the Lookup Tool link at the top of the page and search Protocol NEC1, Dev1 4, Remote Atlas5 3033. That will return 30 or so TV and DVD codes. Click EFCs for each and look for 004. I spot checked a few and didn't see any.

Lastly, there are no guarantees my code will even work. It's just my best guess.
bugmenot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is excellent feedback. Thank you!
bugmenot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
You may be able to exchange yours for an older model at the cable office for free. Otherwise, looks like $8 is the going rate on ebay. Goodwill is another cheap option. New JP1 remotes run $12-$30 for most models at Amazon and Best Buy. See the chart in the wiki for the complete list.

Here's an $8 Atlas similar to yours but with keymove/EFC capability:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATLAS-OCAP-DVR-1056-1056B01-CABLE-BOX-Remote-Cleaned-and-Tested/392576591684

Here's a new JP1 remote that includes the cable, so no need to buy a separate one. And unlike the Atlas, it's backlit and learning and can control 12 devices using our extender program. This same model is a few dollars cheaper on ebay.
https://www.amazon.com/One-All-OARUSB04G-Universal-Programming/dp/B00HNIHM5S

A JP1 cable runs less than $8 on ebay.

There are a few ways to find alternate setup codes. But here's one you can do yourself. Click the Lookup Tool link at the top of the page and search Protocol NEC1, Dev1 4, Remote Atlas5 3033. That will return 30 or so TV and DVD codes. Click EFCs for each and look for 004. I spot checked a few and didn't see any.

Lastly, there are no guarantees my code will even work. It's just my best guess.

Can you explain how you deduced the lookup criteria from the information I provided? I am also going to try looking for an ECF code for a different TV.
Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugmenot wrote:
Can you explain how you deduced the lookup criteria from the information I provided? I am also going to try looking for an ECF code for a different TV.
Thanks
My process:

- Download and install Remote Master
- Search file section on this site for TVs of the same brand and similar vintage to your model
- Open candidate files in Remote Master and find the desired command on the Functions tab, noting the EFC
- Note the protocol, device and subdevice on the main tab
- Search for the setup code you provided in the Lookup Tool to confirm the protocol, device and subdevice match what was found in the downloaded upgrade file

We usually recommend that a novice ask us to do it since the above process is a bit involved and requires some prior knowledge about the software and how remote codes work and which models are likely to share the same codes.

We have other tools and spreadsheets with more codes, so there are other ways to search for codes. But this is the most straightforward way for me.

If you had a JP1 cable, you could stop at the second step and simply load whatever files you found onto your remote and customize and test them.

If the above process is too complex, just ask again when you need more codes. With our experience, we can usually find them pretty quickly and easily. It probably took me 3 minutes to find your code.
bugmenot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm not getting much luck with this particular remote on the LG TV, I was thinking of using it with my Samsung TV and I can't get the Smart Hub to open with any of the pre-programmed buttons on the URC. TV Model is UN40H5203AF and I have the URC using device code 2051 right now.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NECx2 device 7 subdevice 7 EFC 00009
bugmenot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but where do I plug this information?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protocol, Dev1, Dev2 respectively. Click EFCs in the result and look for 009. I didn’t find any. So you’re not going to get any further with this remote unless you buy a cable.
bugmenot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks.
Anyway, thanks for all your help!
bugmenot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, could you also help me with one more thing?

I just tried using the same remote with an Aiwa Audio Receiver (XR-EC10) and I can't get the Preset + - function to work.

Could you help me with the Protocol and Devs for this setup so I could try find the EFCs?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a tough one. What setup code are you using? Approximately what year did it come out?

EDIT: I think it might be Aiwa device 110 EFC 00007 for Preset- and 00009 for Preset+

Last edited by mdavej on Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: