JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ASKEY / Siligence SGS7233MB cable box
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The can't, but that feature was added as a "nice to have", it's very rare that we actually create device upgrades using that feature. You'd just have to copy the data manually as we've done for 99% of the upgrades here.
Forssux

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoi Rob,

Indeed that was a nice to have and a Guy like me who wants to give back to the community by adding the device.

Will jump some loops, certainly if he know how to jump.
For me it's easier to revert to a older version of the program.

I guess the TrpTransmogrifier has benefits, it's just they aren clear to me.

I hope that one day a open source remote sees the light and the database here is used.

Thanks for the fast reactions and help.
Guy Forssman
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forssux wrote:
For me it's easier to revert to a older version of the program.

I guess the TrpTransmogrifier has benefits, it's just they aren clear to me.

I changed RMIR from DecodeIR to IrpTransmogrifier for one main reason, which was to make Convert to Upgrade actually work. There is Convert to Upgrade in the old, DecodeIR-based, RMIR versions. It is hidden somewhere in the Advanced menu, and hidden for a good reason. It doesn't work. Well, it does work for a few very simple protocols but not for most of them, and NEC1 is one for which it does not work. It appears to work but when you try it, you find that the upgrade does not work. Failing but appearing to work is, in my opinion, the worst possible outcome.

I did not write the DecodeIR-based version of Convert to Upgrade and accept no responsibility for it. Its failure is not the fault of its author, though. There is simply not enough information in a decode from DecodeIR to create a reliable conversion program. IrpTransmogrifier has a lot of additional information that you don't see in the displayed decode that enables conversion to be done reliably, even conversion of a mixture of protocols to elaborate combo executors. It is the need for that additional information that prevents you from pasting decodes from DecodeIR into the Irpransmogrifier decode panel and expecting Convert to Upgrade then to work.

Do remember that you are in fact asking to be able to do something that is impossible. You want to convert your 56kHz NEC-style signals to an upgrade. There is no executor in RMIR that can generate 56kHz NEC signals, so it is not possible to do that. If you do it manually, you would be creating an upgrade for standard 38kHz NEC1 that has the same parameters as your 56kHz signals. This is not a conversion of your signals to an upgrade, it is the creation of an upgrade from modified signals and you cannot expect that to be automated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: