JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bell VIP5662 Codes for Slinbox SOLO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's totally random which device type and code we select for the upgrades we create, so that doesn't make a difference, or at least, it has never made a difference before now. What model Slingbox do you have? And when you say "doesn't work", do you mean that the Slingbox won't load the bin file or do you mean that it loads ok but the signals don't work (it's a big difference on our end, hence Alan's 12 questions).

But regardless, I have re-generated my upgrade using V2010. The only reason I still want you to try my upgrade is because it has all those extra OBCs programmed that you can test.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25912
Bungzilla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rob,

So I have a slingbox solo...and i tried your new BIN RV file works great.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know, and did you understand the stuff about the extra OBCs?

The Robman wrote:
The EXIT_LONG, APPS and INFO buttons were malformed so I couldn't decode those. I have created BIN files where I have placed all the buttons on their logical counterparts. PVR, VOD, OPTIONS and SEARCH went on the first 4 "custom" buttons. I did spots gaps in the button sequence, so I have placed all the gap codes on the rest of the custom buttons, on the 5 colored buttons, page+/- and ENTER. So, if the normal buttons work, try all of the other buttons, including the custom buttons on the drop-down menu, to see what they do. Please report back on which custom buttons, etc do anything, then I will modify the upgrade to put them on the correct buttons.

Bungzilla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Good to know, and did you understand the stuff about the extra OBCs?
[/quote]

kinda not really, I mean "Original Button Code" I am just not sure how to trigger one if it's not mapped to that built in remote in sling player or if there's a list for me to trigger. Or it's also totally possible that I don't understand at all.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, don't worry too much about the phrase itself, bottom line, I added several button codes to the BIN file, some of which may do something, some won't. I assigned most of them to the "custom buttons" which you can get to via the drop down menu, and the last few I assigned to the remaining un-used buttons. So all I'm asking is that you try every button, including the custom ones, in the upgrade and let me know what they do.
Bungzilla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through the custom buttons and here's what I got.

Custom 10 = PVR
Csutom 11 = VOD
Custom 12 = Options
Custom 13 = search
Custom 14 = N/A
Custom 15 = options
Custom 16 = info
Custom 17 = PVR
Custom 18 = N/A
Custom 19 = VOD
Custom 20 = Search
Custom 21 = Search
Custom 27 = Apps
Custom 28 = N/A
Cusomt 29 = N/A
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, did you also try:
page+
page-
red
yellow
green
blue
white
enter
Bungzilla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

page+ = N/A
page- = N/A
red = N/A
yellow= N/A
green= N/A
blue= N/A
white= N/A
enter= N/A
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bungzilla, I have updated the files accordingly.
sabgigo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject: Arris VIP5662 Compatible Remote found on Slingbox 500... Reply with quote

I have Hotwire Communications as my cable provider, using an Arris VIP5662 Set Top Box. The remote is Bluetooth, but the STB responds to IR codes as well.

After a lot of trial and error, I found a compatible babble box device - Bell Fiber Motorola VIP2262. The onscreen remote is not a match for the remote provided with my STB, but all the functionality is working fine.

There may be another device selection that works (it also is a VIP model with 62 as the last characters of the model number), but when I discovered a working code, I stopped testing for other compatible devices.

I hope this information is helpful for the Slingbox Solo as well.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Arris VIP5662 Compatible Remote found on Slingbox 500... Reply with quote

sabgigo wrote:
I have Hotwire Communications as my cable provider, using an Arris VIP5662 Set Top Box. The remote is Bluetooth, but the STB responds to IR codes as well.

After a lot of trial and error, I found a compatible babble box device - Bell Fiber Motorola VIP2262. The onscreen remote is not a match for the remote provided with my STB, but all the functionality is working fine.

There may be another device selection that works (it also is a VIP model with 62 as the last characters of the model number), but when I discovered a working code, I stopped testing for other compatible devices.

I hope this information is helpful for the Slingbox Solo as well.

As you can see from the thread above, we have already created a working bin file for this device, with all the buttons included, so why would we need this other bin file that may not have all the buttons?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25912
sabgigo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject: Oh, well... Reply with quote

Just trying to be helpful, but I guess I did not fully understand the information in the thread. Sorry for not getting what Must be obvious.
lambalain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an old thread, but I am taking my chance.
I have this same Bell Fibe VIP5662W (not sure the W was in theoriginal post) . This is a bluetooth/IR remote.
I have an old slingbox solo. I tried to upload the bin files to the Solo and got an error: Invalid custom bin file, click here for more help.
Can you help?

update: renamed the file all in caps and typed the file name all in caps and now the file can be read and WORKS!

Thank you for providing that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: