JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lasko fan (almost F12 protocol)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just4fn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Lasko fan (almost F12 protocol) Reply with quote

My daughter has a Lasko fan and I thought I would be able to program her remote to operate it. I used the widget and it says protocol is unknown. I have looked in the file section and tried one of the 2 files and it did not work. The other one does not show any key functions. Is Lasko fans that new that the protocol is not recognized? I can't even up load anything for help because nothing is available. Is this possible to make an upgrade? Thanks for the help!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn all the signals, save them to a file, and post them. Also tell us which remote you're trying to upgrade.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are three lasko ac upgrades in the "AC & Fans" category. Both the "column fan" and the "5132" upgrades use a custom protocol, The 5132 has the most functions defined. so without seeing your signals, I think you should try the 5132. Otherwise we need to see the signals to create a new protocol. Its helpful if we know which
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The older posts here show that the custom protocol is F12, which we've had some trouble with recently. So I'd like to see the learns.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well while we are waiting for just4fun, you can have a look at the lasko signals I captured while at my sisters a while back. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5174

As you can see the leadout time does not comply with the f12. From what I understand the ,^129 in the IRP notation means that its overall length is 129*410 or 52890, but this total signal lenght is 27204. Or am I totally off base here?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those learned signals don't correspond to the F12 spec as published by Toshiba. Neither does the irp spec that we've used for a while. Here's the real spec:
K=(D:3,H:1,F:8)
IRP ={37.9k,422}<1,-3|3,-1>(K,-80,K) for H=0.
{37.9k,422}<1,-3|3,-1>(K,-80,K,-208,K,-80,K)+ for H=1.

One gets the H=0 form if a non-repeating button is pressed on the remote, and the H=1 form if a repeating button is pressed. Note that F12 doesn't have a leadout spec, but does have long off periods in the middle of both the single shot and continuous signals. I suppose that presents a challenge for learning remotes.

Also, the spec is all done in terms of numbers of modulation pulses, and not in times. I suspect that the more modern F12 chips do count the number of pulses rather than measuring time, and that makes our remotes tricky to program. Over at RC, a user was having trouble with his curtains, but using Pronto Hex that was carefully arranged to be sure that the exact number of pulses was sent worked well.

That's why I'd like to see Widget learns from an OEM remote, because the Widget will count the pulses.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Those learned signals don't correspond to the F12 spec as published by Toshiba. Neither does the irp spec that we've used for a while. Here's the real spec:
K=(D:3,H:1,F:8)
IRP ={37.9k,422}<1,-3|3,-1>(K,-80,K) for H=0.

One gets the H=0 form if a non-repeating button is pressed on the remote, and the H=1 form if a repeating button is pressed. Note that F12 doesn't have a leadout spec, but does have long off periods in the middle of both the single shot and continuous signals. I suppose that presents a challenge for learning remotes.

I do know that I was able to use the Lasko upgrade to operate the Lasko fan at my sisters. Again that was 3 years ago, before I knew anything at all about protocols. Funny how quickly that changed once I got the widget. ahem. But then I still don't know the fundamentals. I am only a 'wannabe' when it comes to this JP1 stuff. But you can't say I don't try. It took me forever to be able to read the IRP.

3FG wrote:
Over at RC, a user was having trouble with his curtains, but using Pronto Hex that was carefully arranged to be sure that the exact number of pulses was sent worked well.

We had a set of curtains here too, that were so PICKY that Rob had a heck of a time, even when the # of pulses were perfect.
just4fn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the link to the learned signals on a 2116

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11047

I am using the 2116 just to learn the signal. I am using an rca RCRP058- extended.

To be honest, I cant tell if the leaned signals work since the fan is over at my daughters house. I just have the remote. The 2116 did say success when the signals were learned. I would like to have an upgrade so I can put in on her remote. Thanks!!!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just4fn wrote:
here is the link to the learned signals on a 2116

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11047

I am using the 2116 just to learn the signal. I am using an rca RCRP058- extended.

To be honest, I cant tell if the leaned signals work since the fan is over at my daughters house. I just have the remote. The 2116 did say success when the signals were learned. I would like to have an upgrade so I can put in on her remote. Thanks!!!

Hmm we really wanted the Widget ICT files. But it appears that the power button matches the power button I captured from my sister's lasko. I haven't loaded up the upgrades, to see if something has gone wrong. Do you know which one you tried?
just4fn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the lasko 3440 fan. It was the only one I saw with key functions

Here are the widget files I think you want:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11048
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the same signals that Vicky learned, and also which are discussed here. As just4fn has seen, the KM file associated with the Lasko column fan doesn't load properly into RM. So I've saved a RMDU file which I hope will be loadable and will work.

These IR signals are an example of "almost F12". F12 as defined by Toshiba is:
K=(D:3,H:1,A:1,B:1,F:6) {37.9k,422}<1,-3|3,-1>(K,-80,K) for A=1 or B=1

Exactly one of H, A, or B can have a value of 1. If H=1 the signal can be sent repeatedly, and F can take any 6 bit value. If A or B=1, the signal is sent once only per button press, and only a single bit of F can be non-zero.

But the Lasko signals ignore the framing, and just repeat a signal similar to K. However, contrary to the Toshiba spec both H and A are equal to 1, and this prevents DecodeIR from recognizing the signal.
just4fn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I will try the RMDU file and let you know if it works!
just4fn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to my daughter house and the fan now works fine with that code. Thanks!!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking at the various Lasko upgrades, and they all have a bad protocol executor for JP1.2 remotes.

It should be
Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 91 (HCS08) Manual Settings (RM v2.04 build 1)
20 17 1F 4A 11 C5 11 06 06 02 79 00 D5 00 D5 02
79 34 E3 FF FF FF FF FF 03 CC FF 5F
End

Instead the intial branch is jumping into the data.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to fix the files Vicky?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: