JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR Scope and Roku protocol

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetstar52

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:37 am    Post subject: IR Scope and Roku protocol Reply with quote

Using IRScope version 2.01a with DecodeIR version 2.45. Roku signals are decoded as NEC and NEC2.

Am I using an obsolete program? IRScrutinizer decodes the same signals as Roku protocol, but I kinda prefer the IRScope interface better.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

But the OBCs are the same regardless of the protocol. So just take the OBCs from the decode and use them in a new upgrade with the Roku protocol.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: IR Scope and Roku protocol Reply with quote

jetstar52 wrote:
I kinda prefer the IRScope interface better.

Would you like to elaborate? What is it that you prefer with IRscope? Is there anything that can be done better in IrScrutinizer, or any improvements that you would like to see?

To make Instructional videos is already on my TODO-list. (Since much too long... Wink )
jetstar52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer IRscope because I'm too lazy to learn IRscrutinizer, which is doubtless a more powerful tool. Embarassed I'm sure that if I spent the necessary time to learn IRscrutinizer, I'd be more comfortable using it, the same way I eventually learned to appreciate RMIR over its predecessors.

I'll definitely look forward to viewing the video tutorial!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: