JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HDMI Discrete codes for Vizio M220-MV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agruber11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject: HDMI Discrete codes for Vizio M220-MV Reply with quote

I'm trying to find codes for an old smaller Vizio set -- an M220-MV. Specifically a discrete code for 'HDMI-1' (rather than the single button on the OEM remote that cycles between HDMI-1 and HDMI-2).

The closest upgrade file is:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9205

but this has no discrete HDMI inputs. I've tried a lot of the other Vizio files in this section. All seem to map HDMI-1 into 193/129/7E -- but this doesn't work on my set (it does nothing). The same files function for HDMI-2 seems to bring up a menu asking me if I'd like to restore all settings to 'defaults' on the TV.

So I expect that the MV series has a different set of codes from most Vizio sets. Has anyone been able to find HDMI-1 discrete input code for such a set?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best I can suggest is to try searching for the code yourself, which you do by creating dummy upgrades that contain all the gap OBCs (ie, OBCs that aren't in the upgrade file that you downloaded).

However, standard word of warning, there are some codes that can be hazardous for TV sets. Some codes will put you in various service menus, so if you encounter these, the best advice is to exit the menu without changing anything, and there are sometimes codes which do more harm, like blanking out an EEPROM or something, which may require a technician to recover from. These are rare but they do exist.
agruber11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11961&sid=c1713ab442741ffdd1bed55989e8f852

suggests that such a discrete code may not exist. However it does suggest a solution via a macro:

<comp>,<input>,<down-arrow>,<OK>

I tried this and it consistently selected HDMI-1 regardless of starting state. So I think I'm OK.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my Vizio M190 the HDMI obc=198, but it's a toggle for HDMI-1 and HDMI-2.
agruber11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
On my Vizio M190 the HDMI obc=198, but it's a toggle for HDMI-1 and HDMI-2.

Right. Same for my set - but I need something foolproof that gets me to HDMI-1 regardless of the current input setting. The button sequence that I gave accomplishes this. If you want to get to HDMI-2, adding a 2nd <down-arrow> would do it.
agruber11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the set always defaults to HDMI-1 when it was previously on some input other than HDMI-1/HDMI-2 when the 'HDMI' button is received, the two button sequence:

<comp>, <HDMI>

works just as well as the 4 button sequence above to get to HDMI-1 regardless of the starting state. The sequence to get to HDMI-2 would be:

<comp>, <HDMI>, <HDMI>
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: