JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with OARUSB03G and LG TV Discrete Inputs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agruber11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject: Help with OARUSB03G and LG TV Discrete Inputs Reply with quote

So I bought an OARUSB03G (probably should have bought the 4 device version) for 1 purpose only -- to get it to produce discrete HDMI input codes for an LG OLED C9 TV. I'm not planning to use the remote for anything else -- I'm simply going to have my current (non JP1) remote learn via IR learning from the '03G.

First issue was no file in the standard distribution for the '03G' -- but I used the '04G' file and changed the name to 257502 from 257501. This seemed to allow RMIR to recognize my remote and download from it.

I've also got RMIR set up to use the LG HDMI codes that I found on-line. I entered 'pronto' files and RMIR seemed to recognize the codes. The 'Devices' tab shows a single line for 'Device 1' of type TV.

The 'Device Upgrade Editor' under 'Functions' shows that:

# Name EFC5 EFC OBC HEX

2 1 00046 046 206 8C HDMI 1
3 2 00044 044 204 CC HDMI 2
4 3 00081 081 233 68 HDMI 3

and the 'Buttons' tab shows:

Button Function

1 1
2 2
3 3

So I think this should map TV button 1 to HDMI 1, TV button 2 to HDMI 2 and TV button 3 to HDMI 3. I really only care about these 3 buttons.

The 'Output' Tab looks like:

Upgrade Code2 = 05 8F (TV/1423) HDMI additions (RM v2.09 build 6)
00 5A 00 81 20 DF 20 00 8C CC 68 00 00 00 00 00
End

I've uploaded this file to the remote -- but have had no success in seeing the LG TV function as expected.

Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?

I note that on the 'General' tab -- Device Button #1 is 'TV' [There are 4 device buttons in total] -- but I don't see anything filled on the other columns. Do I somehow have to 'bind' from the 'Devices' tab to the 'General' Tab?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not totally clear on how you entered the codes, so let me tell you the right way and you say whether that's what you did.

First, you download an upgrade file for your TV, like this one...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14745

Then, in RMIR, you go to the Devices tab, click New and select the file. While you are in the device editor (RM), go to the Buttons or Layout tabs and make sure that the HMDI input buttons are assigned to actual buttons. Back in RMIR, assign this new upgrade to a device button and load it back into your remote.

If that is what you did and it didn't work, load up a copy of your RMIR file here to our Diagnosis Area and post a link to it here please.
agruber11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had done nothing like the above. Instead I had loaded pronto codes I found on the internet and modified the existing device type.

But I did try what you suggested -- but with no success. I tried to map:

HDMI Button
1 1
2 2
3 3
4 4

If I go to 'layout' -- the picture looks like my remote and hovering over buttons 1 - 4 shows the above mapping. But my TV doesn't respond (although power on/off continues to work).

The RMIR file I'm using is:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25872

Thanks for any help you can provide.

PS: Could you explain what 'assigning the device upgrade to a 'device button' does (i.e. what is a 'device button') and what the 'Device Type' of such buttons means. I used 'TV' -- but presumably the upgrade applies to all 3 devices controlled by the remote.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your learns take precedence over your button assignments. But they are identical anyway.

I'm also not convinced changing the RDF signature for an unsupported remote was entirely successful. There are many things missing and/or mis-mapped.

To do this right, a new, correct RDF should be created. You'll need the help of an expert for that.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agruber11, Dave is right, we should get you a good RDF first, are you willing to help us do that? If so, I have 2 tasks for you.

1. Create macros on the remote that cover all of the buttons. Keep track of which buttons you included in each macro. Post the list of buttons here, so I can check if the macros in RMIR match what you programmed.

2. Use Remote > Raw Download to get a raw download of the data in your remote. Then, post the resulting file in the Diagnosis Area folder in the file section. Then post a link to the file here.
agruber11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your offer of help. I did try to figure out how 'macros' were programmed on the device -- but was unsuccessful.

I decided to order the 04G version instead which does have .rdf file available. If that doesn't work either, I'll post again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, forget the macros for now, please just post the raw download.
agruber11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw File downloaded

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25874
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a starter RDF for this remote, stayed tuned for more updates.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25875
agruber11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject: Success! Reply with quote

Thanks Rob for your efforts. I can't say whether the .rdf you created was fully functional -- but it was functional enough for me to perform the mappings that I needed. Now what do I do with the OAR04G that I ordered?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That earlier version of the RDF was just a clone of the OARUSB04G RDF, but it appears that the button codes are different between the two remotes. Basically, as it has one less device button, all the other button codes were reduced by 1.

I have uploaded a new RDF (same link) in a zip file that also contains a new image and map, those should both go in the Images folder under the RM folder.

Normally, I would use the macros to confirm the button codes, but as you don't know how to program macros, that has meant that I've had to do some guess work with the button codes. I'm not 100% sure that I have the FastFwd and Rewind buttons correct. So, to test this, if you could create an upgrade where every button is programmed and then verify that all the buttons do the right thing, that would be great.
agruber11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell -- the .rdf has 'skip forward' and 'skip back' buttons which are not present on my remote.

The 'rewind' button appears to get the 'skip back' code
The 'fast fwd' button appears to get the 'skip forward' code

Other buttons appear to work as expected.

Hope this helps.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long press of ffwd and rew are the skips. So those are correct.

Last edited by mdavej on Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agruber11, when you connect the remote to the computer using the USB cable, does it open a new folder, probably as a D drive or similar? If so, could you copy the settings.bin file to your local drive and load a copy of it for me to look at please?
agruber11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25880
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: