JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7140 R04

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zhuk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: URC-7140 R04 Reply with quote

Hello.
Recently I have bought one more URC-7140, but it is not recognized due to the unknown signature starting with 3668. It has revision R04 (my previous 7140 is R00).
Raw download is there: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25854
There is no any codes programmed, remote is just out of box.
I do not post its photo because there is no differences in design.

Thanks in advance.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will help you with this. It looks like they didn't change much between the original version and B02, so maybe that's true here also.

I have created a starter RDF by cloning the B02 RDF here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25855

You can start testing it by creating macros that include all of the buttons on the remote. You could use the 4 colored buttons to hold the macros, then you won't need to include them in the macros. See if the macros display correctly in RMIR using the new RDF, and let me know about any errors.
Zhuk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Rob!
It works now. At least I can communicate with remote.
I'll make suggested test later today or tomorrow.

Regarding similarity between HW versions, I see that at least some of setup codes in its manual are differ. LG TV codes are not the same. I guess there will be changes with other brands and devices as well.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just updated the setup code list in the RDF.
Zhuk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have uploaded two devices into the remote, both are works.
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with macros function, never used it with my first 7140 (which died while I've been trying to connect the new one to PC Sad this is another story). That's why I have no idea what should I check in RMIR to make sure everything's fine.

I'll try to dig dipper in RMIR. I totally forgot how I've been using it about 4 years ago Confused
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the upgrades work, then we're probably in good shape.

I was looking for you to create macros on the remote itself, not using RMIR. Use the 995 command to program macros.

https://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/569722/one-for-all-urc-7140-essence-4.html?page=117
robinb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject: Record & Stop transposed on URC-7140 R04 and also URC-71 Reply with quote

I have been using a URC-7960 for years - I wish they were still available!
A few days ago I bought a URC-7140 (R04) things were going well, I could load my previous device upgrade .rmdu files, perform a few tweaks to map to a few different buttons on the new remote... then I ran into a problem. It seemed that Stop button was not working. This was common to both a Panasonic blu-ray and a Humax PVR when I was test playing media.

I thought I would try learning the stop from the original PVR remote onto the 7140 remote's stop button. When I downloaded into RMIR I could see that the "Learned signals" tab showed the stop command as the expected protocol and OBC, but the "Key" column showed it to be assigned to the 'Record' key.
To do a more thorough test I decided to work through all of the 8 transport controls. I can see that my Humax PVR OBC codes for the digits 1-8 are in a nice sequence of OBC codes from 3-10, so I worked through the 8 buttons sequentially learning digits 1-8.
I can confirm that my remote matches the picture in <installation folder>/Images/URC-7140.jpg (other than my remote being a 4-device version)
When I look at RMIR's "Learned signals" tab lists (displaying in OBC order) my eight learned commands are listed on the left against keys:
Rewind
Play
Pause
FastFwd
SkipBack
Record
Stop

SkipFwd

But that is not quite the order that I programmed the keys. Referring to the JPG of the 7140, I programmed the keys in normal L-R top to bottom order and stop and record have been transposed.

I was obviously hesitant to think that the keys are wrongly defined in the .rdf because this remote has been around a while, so I expected users to have identified this sooner. As it happens I also bought a 3-device controlling URC-7130 (also an R04) in order to set it up for an elderly father-in-law who is perpetually getting into trouble by fumbling the numerous small keys on his Humax remote control and requiring telephone support!

Having had a look at the RDF structure I thought I might get away with just transposing the Record and Stop keys, but I thought I'd find out if my experience with the 7130 matched the 7140. Having read a lot more about how new remotes have their keys identified by users for the experts on the JP1 project, I could see that the preferred approach is to use the remote to assign macros to keys and then download the result. So this time, with a freshly unwrapped 7130 R04, I used the SimpleSet approach to get a working code for a Samsung TV, then I programmed Stop to be TV numeral key 1 and Record to be "2".
When this is downloaded by RMIR it shows the macro "TV;1" assigned to Record and "TV;2" assigned to Stop - they are swapped.

As I was now more confident that the RDF was incorrect, I coppied the RDF "366801 (URC-7120_7130_7140 OFA Essence R04).rdf" to another directory as a backup and made a copy with the modification of swapping those two keys in lines 78 & 79. I replaced the version in the RemoteMaster/RDF folder and relaunched RMIR and re-downloaded from the remote. Now the macros are displayed on the correct keys.

So two things I'd like to clarify:

(1) Have I "done good" - Is what I've done something which will work or have I broken anything with this hacking with the RDF?
(2) Do you think this is a valid change to make to the RemoteMaster distribution? I must admit that I'm surprised that I'm the first to notice, but perhaps other users haven't been so interested in the media transport controls. I can confirm that all other keys function normally.

It seems such a trivial change to make, but in case it helps, here's a diff:

Code:
~/Documents/JP1$ diff 366801\ \(URC-7120_7130_7140\ OFA\ Essence\ R04\).rdf 366801\ \(URC-7120_7130_7140\ OFA\ Essence\ R04\)_Original.rdf -u
--- "366801 (URC-7120_7130_7140 OFA Essence R04).rdf"   2020-09-07 09:42:28.435007000 +0100
+++ "366801 (URC-7120_7130_7140 OFA Essence R04)_Original.rdf"   2020-03-24 14:20:05.000000000 +0000
@@ -75,8 +75,8 @@
 Pause,
 "Fast fwd":FastFwd,
 "prev track":SkipBack,
-Stop,
 Record,
+Stop,
 "next track":SkipFwd, 
 TV=$79:groupDevice,
 STB,
robinb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cough!!
My assertion is that the RDF for the URC-7140 (R04) is incorrect. The keys for record and stop are transposed.

No comments? No suggestion that this fix will make it into v2.12 (oops, too late now). What process am I not following?

I'm now satisfied that my edit to the RDF worked, so I'm hoping that someone will be able to confirm my finding and that a fix will go into future updates of RemoteMaster.

Tedious detail on how I came to that conclusion in my original post above Smile

Edit: To add that I discovered this when running v2.11 build 6.
I have downloaded RMIR.v2.12.0-bin.zip and can see that there hasn't been a change in the latest build
366801 (URC-7120_7130_7140 OFA Essence R04).rdf
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robin, I'm sorry, somehow I never say your original post. Hopefully, Graham will see this and apply the fix to a future release of RMIR.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please clarify the correct order. I have just swapped Stop and Record in the master file ready for the next release, so the order is NOW:

"Fast fwd":FastFwd,
"prev track":SkipBack,
Stop,
Record,
"next track":SkipFwd,
TV=$79:groupDevice,

I don't use diff files but it looks to me as if it is saying that Stop should be moved from ABOVE Record to BELOW record. If so, that is what it is in RMIR v2.12.0 and my change has made it wrong. You only talk about swapping. I cannot see that you ever say what the correct order is, so I am concerned that I did fix it for RMIR v2.12.0 and have now made it wrong again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it right Graham, he just wanted the two buttons swapped. When he ran the diff he put the new file first and the old file second, so that's why it looks like the swap should have gone the other way.
robinb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys,
My bad. I did the diff in the wrong order. The evidence is in the command line which I included.
For avoidance of doubt, the original button order was Record, Stop. My changed file is ordered identically to Graham's snippet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: